OT: - True ghost stories | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: True ghost stories

Reaction Score
Same race of beings that can manifest themselves as "aliens". They are not from a distant planet, but they are far superior to us in intelligence, life span and abilities. A different race of beings that have plasma as their basis for life, as we have carbon and water, is not "supernatural". Scientists are now acknowledging that plasma can be a foundation for life. Found this article, from 12 years ago.

And what is your evidence for this claim? A tabloid article purporting that something tangentially related to your claim is theoretically possible does not constitute evidence, by the way.

Reaction Score
And what is your evidence for this claim? A tabloid article purporting that something tangentially related to your claim is theoretically possible does not constitute evidence, by the way.
Do a search for yourself. There's more articles citing scientific sources.

It's obvious that beings who can manifest themselves into a "fog" or whatever and lower air temperatures are not made of carbon and water. Fluorescent lights use plasma to brighten up. Not hard to put the puzzle pieces together.

Looks like "life" heats water and cools plasma.

I should add, the time when an apparition showed up on my ID at Yale, I did feel some strange pressure in front of but had no idea what to make of it, so just ignored it. The woman who was screaming after taking a photograph sure got to see it was something. She was terrified. I couldn't believe that had happened. I am not someone who goes on blind belief. I seek proofs.

However, no more from me on this. But I fully "believe" (or know) that "alien life forms" (including "ghosts", poltergeists, etc) are plasma based.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Daily Telegraph isn't a tabloid.

Reaction Score
Do a search for yourself. There's more articles citing scientific sources.

It's obvious that beings who can manifest themselves into a "fog" or whatever and lower air temperatures are not made of carbon and water. Fluorescent lights use plasma to brighten up. Not hard to put the puzzle pieces together.

Looks like "life" heats water and cools plasma.

I should add, the time when an apparition showed up on my ID at Yale, I did feel some strange pressure in front of but had no idea what to make of it, so just ignored it. The woman who was screaming after taking a photograph sure got to see it was something. She was terrified. I couldn't believe that had happened. I am not someone who goes on blind belief. I seek proofs.

However, no more from me on this. But I fully "believe" (or know) that alien life forms (including "ghosts", poltergeists, etc) are plasma based.
Your post is too incoherent to merit a response, but you have inspired a rant.

The post above is a perfect example of the aspect of conspiracy theories and amateur explanations for unexplained phenomena that drives me insane. Laymen grasp onto pieces of technical and/or scientific information (i.e. plasma is a thing) about which they know little or nothing. Then that tidbit which, on its own, is perfectly factual somehow becomes evidence of a claim to which it does not apply at all. (i.e. Plasma exists, so that is what aliens and ghosts are.) Someone with even a rudimentary understanding of the field from which he or she took the information would realize that it has no explanatory power in regards to the claim.

Come on people! If you read about something new and you don't understand it completely, learn more about it before you use it as a basis for an explanation for some occurrence. Otherwise you are just creating or perpetuating conspiracies and/or pseudoscience. At its most benign, this fosters a more gullible and stupid population. At its worst, it can kill people (the anti-vax movement is a vivid example of this).

Reaction Score
Well done! At first I thought this was another Dylan Cardwell thread.

Reaction Score

The post above is a perfect example of the aspect of conspiracy theories and amateur explanations for unexplained phenomena that drives me insane. Laymen grasp onto pieces of technical and/or scientific information (i.e. plasma is a thing) about which they know little or nothing. Then that tidbit which, on its own, is perfectly factual somehow becomes evidence of a claim to which it does not apply at all. (i.e. Plasma exists, so that is what aliens and ghosts are.) Someone with even a rudimentary understanding of the field from which he or she took the information would realize that it has no explanatory power in regards to the claim.

Come on people! If you read about something new and you don't understand it completely, learn more about it before you use it as a basis for an explanation for some occurrence. Otherwise you are just creating or perpetuating conspiracies and/or pseudoscience. At its most benign, this fosters a more gullible and stupid population. At its worst, it can kill people (the anti-vax movement is a vivid example of this).
Then go ahead and go insane and live in denial of basic reality. Sorry it doesn't suit your tastes. This is basic stuff. You know, like the sun rises from the east?

Reaction Score
You may be referring to Fairfield Hills State Mental Hospital which was located in Newtown Connecticut, where I grew up. When I ran cross-country our normal practice route included a pass by the hospital. The hospital was in operation at that time and we would often hear many of the residents or patients of the facility screaming and yelling. We dismissed it as good natured attempts to get attention, but who knows, it may have been very different. I believe a good portion of the movie Sleepers was filmed there during the 90s.
I heard the same screaming back in the 70’s. One of my Little League coaches was a shrink who worked a Fairfield Hill’s. Whenever he couldn’t get a field to practice on in Monroe he would hold practice on the institutions grounds. Patients would also be walking by the field as we were playing ball. As a 10-12 year old being there was everything from scary to bewilderment and ,sad to say, amusement.

Reaction Score

Duh. Is using Google too hard?

I am not an anti-vaxxer. Talk about going off the rails.

99.9+% of the universe is plasma. Hello.

Let's see you explain what matter can give "apparitions" the ability to "glow", walk through walls and objects and vanish. In powerful ancient sources even, words are used to imply plasma. Or are they all just BS stories people spout around the world simultaneously? I have photographic proof using a digital camera. Go insane all you want. There's countless videos on Youtube. Must be all fabricated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Did you read the article or just the headline? First of all, none of the scientists mentioned in the article are asserting that these plasma spheres are life at all, let alone that plasma can constitute ghosts and aliens. Secondly, the Romanian scientist that speculates the plasma could have something to do with life is offering a possible origin explanation for the existence of living cells as we currently observe them, not that these plasma spheres can be combined to make up living beings.

You are typifying the person mentioned in my earlier rant so perfectly that I wonder if you're just trolling me.

Reaction Score

99.9+% of the universe is plasma. Hello.
Also, I never said you were an anti-vaxxer. I only brought it up as an example.

Reaction Score
Did you read the article or just the headline? First of all, none of the scientists mentioned in the article are asserting that these plasma spheres are life at all, let alone that plasma can constitute ghosts and aliens. Secondly, the Romanian scientist that speculates the plasma could have something to do with life is offering a possible origin explanation for the existence of living cells as we currently observe them, not that these plasma spheres can be combined to make up living beings.

You are typifying the person mentioned in my earlier rant so perfectly that I wonder if you're just trolling me.
The Romanians are clearly hypothesizing plasma can be a foundation for life. Yes, I did read. Continue to rant.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Butch just for fun can you take a snapshot of your drop down history and post it here!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is true of the observable universe, but does not include dark matter or dark energy, which makes up the majority of the universe. However, it is all completely irrelevant to your assertion that plasma based beings are responsible for unexplained occurrences. I know of absolutely no evidence that supports that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Overall, I'm really enjoying this thread. I am torn on this topic, so it's always cool and eerie to hear stories that seem difficult to explain without the existence of supernatural stuff.

My sister in-law swears to have some sort of connection in these ways, and has mentioned stuff about my current home. But I don't know ... I had what I perceived to be an incident, only to find out one of my 9 month old's toys sometimes starts talking for no reason, so that is more likely the reason than supernatural beings inhabiting my house. But again, who knows...

As for what's quoted above, I just wanted to comment and say bravo. Not even specific to your topic back and forth here, but your overall sentiment is a huge reason why social media drives me nuts and I'm genuinely worried about the future of our world. There is so much disinformation out there. You said it much better than me, so I won't rehash it. But reiterating nonsense until it blurs fact and fiction is really damaging society, in many ways.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have a temp ID made for use at Yale's library over 10 years ago with a "mist" covering my face and chest.
1571350660228.png

Reaction Score
Another reason my mom believes in spirits, ESP, etc...

She went to see a medium when she was young, I imagine early 20s. She was told that she was meant to have three children , but will only have two. This came true, as I have one younger brother*. This isn’t too big a deal.

What was freaky were two seemingly cryptic statements about me: that I would be in the medical field, but would not be a doctor; and that she could see me drawing an ear.

Welp, I’m a speech pathologist who works in hospitals.**

And at UConn, the undergrad program that prepares you for graduate school to actually study speech pathology also prepares you to get an advanced degree to become an Audiologist; my major was a broad “Communication Disorders”. One of the classes you take in the first semester of the program is dedicated to the anatomy and function of the auditory system, from the ear canal to the level of the cortex. One “project” we had, as lame as it feels to type now, was to draw and label a diagram of the entire auditory pathway.

*lol this medium never said a word about my brother and this, as my mother mainly-jokingly told me in confidence, convinced her that my brother will die young (he’s gonna be 27 in March). Her logic is that mediums don’t typically give bad news

**and through four years of that now, I’ve heard maaaaany creepy stories from night staff.

Reaction Score
Is it really that difficult to comprehend these generally unseen beings being made of plasma? There's 4 states of matter. Liquid, solid, gas and plasma. Why is it impossible for life to evolve out of all 4? We're liquid and solid and also require air. Plasma? Obviously, we don't know much about plasma at the moment and everything points at life being based on plasma as a reality. Intelligent life, too.

Like I said, some make it out to be more than it is. I was lucky to experience what I did, with the exception of losing my little brother. Wish he never went back to Fairfield Hills. That place had a very heavy "paranormal" presence.

Used to "ghost hunt" a little with no luck. Things happened when least expected and I never expected anything and I don't expect anything again. A huge majority of these beings also hate us. So good luck in playing their game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So the question that I have for the skeptics is, if people are making all of this up, how come all of these peoples experiences are relatively similar regardless of age or where they live? And the same goes with UFO sightings, if they are all hoaxes, how come it all seems the same all over the world?
Because its the same stories being passed around? Im on the fence about all this stuff. I had a short stint as a debunker and I actually debunked someone with the CT paranormal society and I was attacked through face book with insults from his friends and family only later for him to admit to being a phony and leaving the group. I am open to it but 99% of the stuff you read, see and hear usually falls apart upon closer investigation.
I also helped debunk the guy that claimed he had an alien corpse head in his freezer that let out a shriek the he recorded. The shriek was nothing more than a strange cat that with the help of my stepdaughter accidentally discovered. Ive found most of this stuff are things that people simply misinterpreted, made up or weren't in their right minds during the experiences. Sometimes there are plain coincidences.
Ive had experiences as an adult I have seen strange phenomena in the skies a couple times and heard a voice that another person also heard when we were the only two people around. I just cant say for sure that these were ghosts and aliens.
Btw has anyone heard about a ufo incident in Meriden back around the early 80s? I heard a story from a pretty credible person and im wondering if anyone else has heard about the incident.

Last edited by a moderator:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Overall, I'm really enjoying this thread. I am torn on this topic, so it's always cool and eerie to hear stories that seem difficult to explain without the existence of supernatural stuff.

My sister in-law swears to have some sort of connection in these ways, and has mentioned stuff about my current home. But I don't know ... I had what I perceived to be an incident, only to find out one of my 9 month old's toys sometimes starts talking for no reason, so that is more likely the reason than supernatural beings inhabiting my house. But again, who knows...

As for what's quoted above, I just wanted to comment and say bravo. Not even specific to your topic back and forth here, but your overall sentiment is a huge reason why social media drives me nuts and I'm genuinely worried about the future of our world. There is so much disinformation out there. You said it much better than me, so I won't rehash it. But reiterating nonsense until it blurs fact and fiction is really damaging society, in many ways.
There's nothing like first hand experience to open one's mind to things.

I would visit my parents once a week for dinner and cards in the eighties and nineties. I had moved thirty miles away from them but every Wednesday I had to be in their area so it was natural to pay them a visit.

My wife and I had experienced many times a number of things that, at the very least, science doesn't have a plausible explanation. As an aside I think a purely random event is a better way of ascribing a possible explanation than coincidence. Coincidence is judgement implying there can't be other explanations. It's not scientific.

On one visit, as I'm about to leave, I realized it was going to be the last time I was going to see Dad. I did something that we didn't ever do and kissed him goodbye. Two days later at 3 AM I woke up suddenly from a sound sleep. It was so sudden it startled my wife who thought I might be having a heart attack. I explained to her I was alright but I heard my mom scream just prior to waking up. Three hours later we got the call from my mom. Dad had passed. He suffered a massive heart attack and collapsed at 3 AM.

At 8 AM I contacted my sister and brother in law who lived out in Arizona. I wanted to get them before they left for work so they could make arrangements to fly to Connecticut for the funeral. I broke the news and apologized for waking them up so early (5 AM their time). They were appreciative and indicated they would make it to Ct.

On Sunday they arrived and couldn't wait to tell us what happened. They waited an hour after I called on Friday to contact their employers. Upon attempting to call there was no signal. It turns out their kids were running around the evening prior, and had pulled the jack of their land line (only phone and no mobile phones at the time) from it's wall insert. And yet we had a ten minute conversation when there was no connection.

I have no way of verifying this other than a group of people experienced the events together.

One more thing. I finished typing the above and was just about to click the "Post reply" button when the power went out in our home. Lasted less than a second. But it happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom