Trouble for Tonya [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Trouble for Tonya [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Shows that you got to recruit the right players and the players need to understand what its going to take to play for Tonya. Not taking either side as we don't know the complete story. I'm sure there's blame on both sides.

Reaction Score
Are the numbers staggering or are they about average?

My take: At some point Coach Cardoza is going to have to give up trying to create a UConn culture at Temple and create her own unique Temple culture at Temple. It is also not a good idea alienating your seniors; Especially seniors taking other players with her.. It is more important to make them feel as if they are an important part of the program. A better move would have been to name them captains and team leaders, and make her accountable for themselves and for the team.
To tell the conferences's sixth man of the year that her playing times is going to be reduced; What else was she going to do? Not a good move Tonya.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Tanya is just getting rid of some headaches. 3 of the 4 had been suspended at some point.

Reaction Score
Practice, Attitude & Performance! Without these three, especially attitude, team performance will be lacking, changes need to be made. Bad attitudes can be contagious.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kinda weird to read.

They're just kids and kids make mistakes.

Community Service?

I hope they have their goals in the right place. They aren't getting paid so they should take advantage of the education benefits.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Not good, but again a situation where we end up with only one side of a story because no program is going to release any information in this type of situation.
But I will say ... a two month suspension in season, does not sound like showing up late or missing a practice, but something fairly serious. And we at this point have one player's comment on the other three players planning to leave which makes the headline a little spurious.
Still, not good publicity for the program.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One red flag to me - a two month suspension with community service is not a 'she was late to a few practices' or 'missed a team meeting' kind of thing. No idea what it was and if I am a reporter doing this story I at least ask that question.
And... one player has left the team. Maybe it would be a good idea to wait until the other three announce their departure before publishing it as foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom