Tristen playing now | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tristen playing now

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
FWIW, we got really good last year when we put the ball in Newton’s hands more and had Andre play more in the dunker spot last year.

When Andre initiated things in the half court more we struggled and Newton would float a lot. Newton seemed to be much better with the ball in his hands more. Just wanted to clarify that part.

Reaction Score
I consider Newton moving off ball and out of position to be that fwiw. Like Oriaki having to move and play the 4.

I’m not as sold as everyone else on Newton playing the 2. But we’ll see how that goes. Still going to be nice to have a steady guard ballhandler back there.
Seriously, how hard is it to spell names right?

Alex Oriakhi helped us win a national championship. You could at least google his name.

Reaction Score
Tristen/Steph will be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.. If Andre moves on.. IMO.. What we're then lacking (with the exception of Solo) ..Are fast-twitch/explosive athletes.. Not to say we won't be athletic and a disruptive defensive and opportunistic offensive team.. Will be interesting to see how DH fills out the roster and how those adds will impact our team athleticism. More about style of play than will we be successful next season..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's going to have better lateral speed and quickness than anyone on our team. He's an Andre-esque athlete in a 6'3 body.

The big question for him (and all our freshman) will be if they can pick up the team defense. Hurley's defensive scheme takes a lot of film work and a high IQ to pick up.

The other question for Solo will be shooting abd handles. Last summer he was too limited shooting the rock to be a big piece of a top-25 team right away. That very well could have changed at Brewster, however. They're as good of a developmental program as anywhere.
Long arms on Solo too, supposedly a 6’10 wingspan. He could be a menace at POA defense, and making plays in passing lanes. Im really excited to see how much impact Dan can have on him in one off season. He should play NBA caliber defense by his sophomore year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tristen/Steph will be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.. If Andre moves on.. IMO.. What we're then lacking (with the exception of Solo) ..Are fast-twitch/explosive athletes.. Not to say we won't be athletic and a disruptive defensive and opportunistic offensive team.. Will be interesting to see how DH fills out the roster and how those adds will impact our team athleticism. More about style of play than will we be successful next season..
I’d argue Solo, Ross, Samson, and Singare bring that to some extent. Non proven sure, but they’re all upper tier athletic prospects.

Reaction Score
I’d argue Solo, Ross, Samson, and Singare bring that to some extent. Non proven sure, but they’re all upper tier athletic prospects.
We agree on Solo as per my comments.. Not much to judge the other three other than HS tape vs inferior D/players.. With SnC and skill development/conditioning.. And PT at the CBB level.. Maybe they could..

Solo looks like the outlier with obvious athleticism that translates at the next level Day 1..

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We agree on Solo as per my comments.. Not much to judge the other three other than HS tape vs inferior D/players.. With SnC and skill development/conditioning.. And PT at the CBB level.. Maybe they could..

Solo looks like the outlier with obvious athleticism that translates at the next level Day 1..
Ross actually played pretty well against high level comp.

He might actual have the best skill set as of today to replace Jordan Hawkins role. Just not sure how good he is at running off screens.

Reaction Score
Ross actually played pretty well against high level comp.

He might actual have the best skill set as of today to replace Jordan Hawkins role. Just not sure how good he is at running off screens.
My comment was about explosion/fast twitch athletes like Solo.. Ross looks to me to be a smooth/efficient/long range shot maker..

I was talking about style/athleticism.. Not who they played against and whether they're good.. Fab Five is a strong class.. Solo is the explosive dude from what I can tell..

Andre J was explosive and fast twitch.. A talent/skill that I don't see in our next season's team as its currently constructed.. Happy to be wrong..

To my eye.. Hawkins and Ross are more similar as are Andre J and Solo from an explosion/athleticism perspective.

Reaction Score
Remember everyone I’m responding to this right here when I talk about Oriaki.

Newton may definitely have to take a backseat to Castle. Like Oriaki did with Drummond.
This is silly. We have played 2 PGs a lot in our sucessfull years including Shabazz and Boatright. We aren't talking about 2 bigs in the same space. Newton plays off the ball a lot when Jackson was here. What is different with Castle running the show?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is silly. We have played 2 PGs a lot in our sucessfull years including Shabazz and Boatright. We aren't talking about 2 bigs in the same space. Newton plays off the ball a lot when Jackson was here. What is different with Castle running the show?
Let's name some other 2 PG combos:
Kemba/Bazz
KEA/Moore
Tate/Smith

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Okay, fine guys it’s going to be the same as all our other great 2 guard combos.

1685118033277.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And either way we win national championships. :)
That's how great we are. Not only never duplicated, not even often imitated because the common ruck wouldn't know where to start.

Reaction Score
Was talking with my son today about Tristen taking 3 pointers. He’s thinking Tristen has the longest average distance on his 3’s on the team. So many are from deep. Is there a stat for that somewhere?

Reaction Score
Was talking with my son today about Tristen taking 3 pointers. He’s thinking Tristen has the longest average distance on his 3’s on the team. So many are from deep. Is there a stat for that somewhere?
World B Free used to take them just inside halfcourt… but they were only worth 2 back then.

Reaction Score
Let's name some other 2 PG combos:
Kemba/Bazz
KEA/Moore
Tate/Smith
Would also think Castle wants to play in a system where he can go both on and off ball, given the amount of NBA teams building around two point guards:

Garland / Mitchell
Luka / Kyrie
Trae / Dejountae
SGA / Giddey
Lamelo / Terry (+Scoot?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members