Trip down Memory Lane | The Boneyard

Trip down Memory Lane

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
We are getting ready to put our house on the market and I've been doing serious weeding out of old 'stuff' we definitely don't want to take with us. Today I found an old folder I was about to can when I noticed it had "UConn" written on it - I didn't go to UConn but have been a season tix holder since they joined the Big East In 1980 so I took a look.
This letter just made me laugh and smile about the old days!
calhoun sheffer ltr001.jpg

Reaction Score
We are getting ready to put our house on the market and I've been doing serious weeding out of old 'stuff' we definitely don't want to take with us. Today I found an old folder I was about to can when I noticed it had "UConn" written on it - I didn't go to UConn but have been a season tix holder since they joined the Big East In 1980 so I took a look.
This letter just made me laugh and smile about the old days!
View attachment 46714
That's fantastic!

Reaction Score
In the midst of all these other heavyweights having troubles, you’re about to give the NCAA some impermissible benefits ammunition????

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Thought this was "Niels" Lane breaking update with a nod to Minnie Ripperton ( I know back down not trip down but don't spoil a Minnie moment)

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
In the midst of all these other heavyweights having troubles, you’re about to give the NCAA some impermissible benefits ammunition????

I didn't know it was impermissible to give coach anything????

Reaction Score
I was kidding of course. It’s great you were able to share those with the team.

1569679266629.jpeg

They look like they’d be delicious.

Reaction Score
Damn.... Checking out the bottom of that stationary.... Only one BE championship and one Elite 8??? We sucked. ;)

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Damn.... Checking out the bottom of that stationary.... Only one BE championship and one Elite 8??? We sucked. ;)

Several of my friends went to UConn (I went to Northeastern) in the 60's. I used to come down for weekends & we would often go to games (football or basketball).
I followed coach through his career an NU. We lived thru the Perno coaching era - can still remember the rides home listening to WTIC. Screaming at the radio about how we manage to lose a game we had in the bag. Calling into TIC to vent about something of monumental importance, at that instant. Hiring coach. Going to the NIT game in the field house with 'limited visibility' seats. The exhilaration of watching Ricky Moore in last seconds of the '99 championship (I actually had seats for Tampa but couldn't go, my eldest son went instead).
What a ride!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you ever at any time given them to anyone else? Then we’re good. UNC rule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom