OT: - Trentyn Flowers , Louisville commit, going to Australia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Trentyn Flowers , Louisville commit, going to Australia

Reaction Score
I can post this here (but not on my own board) because no one on the Underground knows what poster I am over there:

He gave word to the CU staff that he was committing to us. Louisville was on his list and he told them they were out. They responded by asking what our NIL offer was, and then asked him to delay his decision statement.

They then turned around and offered him 1.3 million. Or so Flowers said anyway.

He came back to CU and said this is what they’re offering. We said, we can’t pay that. Flowers’ camp said we figured that, we’d take 600k from CU to go there.

We said, We could theoretically do that but we won’t due to all the apple carts that would upset, you aren’t walking in here and getting that because that’s not how we roll.

That afternoon he committed to Louisville. And now this. Good riddance, dude.

Reaction Score
It’s tough to argue when you look at it from the kids view. He wants to train for basketball for 9 months, not be in college.
Going to Louisville to play basketball isn’t going to college, let’s be real. Hell going to Louisville as a regular student is barely going to college.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can't imagine "distractions" at Louisville include "classes".

Guessing he signed for something between $400K-$1M, the latter which is pretty much the individual player cap in the NBL. Maybe Flowers didn't want to work for NIL $.
And other "distractions"....at least when Pitino was there. But I think those female "distractions" were only provided until the LOI was signed.

pj

Reaction Score
I can post this here (but not on my own board) because no one on the Underground knows what poster I am over there:

He gave word to the CU staff that he was committing to us. Louisville was on his list and he told them they were out. They responded by asking what our NIL offer was, and then asked him to delay his decision statement.

They then turned around and offered him 1.3 million. Or so Flowers said anyway.

He came back to CU and said this is what they’re offering. We said, we can’t pay that. Flowers’ camp said we figured that, we’d take 600k from CU to go there.

We said, We could theoretically do that but we won’t due to all the apple carts that would upset, you aren’t walking in here and getting that because that’s not how we roll.

That afternoon he committed to Louisville. And now this. Good riddance, dude.

Interesting. He may have been bluffing, Louisville's NIL offer was probably no bigger than CU's. He was shopping for money, when leveraging you up didn't work he figured he'd burned his bridges at CU and switched to L'ville, but he kept shopping, and Australia turned up.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
im so sad for that fanbase. they are so rational and well thought out. really feeling for the cardinal bros.

Issa Rae Lol GIF by Golden Globes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, not a UL fan but until, and unless, she’s contacted the authorities I call BS on there being threats from UL fans.

Edit: and if she doesn’t provide evidence UL should sue her for libel.

Reaction Score
Refresh my memory (I seriously don't follow close enough to know) - I know Pitino was involved, but what else brings the hate on Louisville?
Pitino slimy comment, when they got the ACC spot over us. "Would you rather be Connecticut?" When he and Jurich were running a cesspool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom