Transfer Portal | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Villanova's shortest player is 6'3. You've got two guys under 6'. And no, I don't want to be Villanova. They're boring.

Collin Gillespie2SRG6-3190Warminster, PAArchbishop Wood High School15.6 Pts, 3.9 Reb, 3.3 Ast
Justin Moore5JRG6-4210Fort Washington, MDDematha HS14.8 Pts, 4.8 Reb, 2.3 Ast
Jermaine Samuels23SRF6-7230Franklin, MARivers School45 (2017)11.1 Pts, 6.5 Reb, 1.4 Ast
Caleb Daniels14SRG6-4210New Orleans, LASt. Augustine High School10.2 Pts, 3.8 Reb, 0.9 Ast
Eric Dixon43JRF6-8260Willow Grove, PAAbington HS67 (2019)9.1 Pts, 6.4 Reb, 1.2 Ast
Brandon Slater3SRF6-6211Centerville, VAPaul VI HS52 (2018)8.3 Pts, 3.6 Reb, 1.6 Ast

Now do Duke, Kansas and UNC. UNC in particular is huge. I'm in on having skill all over, and flexible guys. But then they all need to be pretty good sized. Hawkins, Martin, Karaban, Floyd are the type of guys you need. Akok was before injury, maybe will be again.
You have a lot of reasonable takes so I'm stunned by this one.

Villanova is literally going to the Final Four this year. They won two championships in the last 6 years.

I don't care how "boring" they are, their system works.

You could argue it works because all of their guards are solidly built. But they aren't playing multiple bigs or guys who can't shoot. It's a winning style.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I know we need a guard but if you're looking for the perfect 4, this is the guy

Could use one of those too

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, roster construction has changed since those old days.

Pieces are interchangeable. Whatever a guy is listed on paper is irrelevant.

What we need is simple. 2 guys who can create their own shots, handle the ball and hit from 3 at a good clip.

1-4, it doesn’t matter.

If Cole comes back we still need 1 more.
Nailed it.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
assist/turnover ratio be damned .... i want this guy:
Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 5.19.24 PM.png

Reaction Score
I wonder how the starters on that team feel about this dude getting all the love
First thing I thought of. My first thought was race, but I also think it's the mustache. I fully picture Edert as an extra in the next Starsky and Hutch movie (not that there will be a sequel).

Because St. Peters gets so little press outside their NCAA run, I couldn't tell if he grew the mustache as a "playoff mustache." If so, that was a totally fortuitous decision that certainly brought him some temporary fame, but now some money as well!

Reaction Score
First thing I thought of. My first thought was race, but I also think it's the mustache. I fully picture Edert as an extra in the next Starsky and Hutch movie (not that there will be a sequel).

Because St. Peters gets so little press outside their NCAA run, I couldn't tell if he grew the mustache as a "playoff mustache." If so, that was a totally fortuitous decision that certainly brought him some temporary fame, but now some money as well!
It was slowly creeping in throughout the year, but this was him before the year

MJ1

Reaction Score

Not race, Buffalo Wild Wings signed a bunch of tournament players along with Edert. Trey Alexander of Creighton and James Akingo of Baylor to name a few.

Reaction Score
The real account this time. I know we recruited him out of HS and wouldn't hate us reaching out, but he was bad last year and can't shoot so not really a fit

I’m not interested. A fun guy to watch, but plays with wild abandon and not a good shooter.

Reaction Score
So Larranaga can't recruit high school kids but does a good job with disenchanted college players.............can't help it, I never liked the guy.
Yeah. But you have to admit he is a great game coach/strategist. That being said how hard should it be to recruit an 18 year old male to spend four years at South Beach.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
McNeil would be perfect but I’m not sure where he fits in our rotation

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He will probably end up at UMass since Martin landed there after he was fired at SC
Leave SEC school for UMass? I don’t think anybody likes Frank Martin that much. He’d be a great fit at UConn.

Reaction Score

With the portal and its immediate transferability, this goes to show that when a coach gets fired or is forced out, much of a team can just dissipate. And, commits to the fired coach then decommit. Not sure if the latter has happened yet with SC.

Can fulfill the adage of "be careful of what you wish for."

Then, it becomes a scramble to fill what was lost, from the portal.

College basketball chaos, circa 2022 and beyond.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With the portal and its immediate transferability, this goes to show that when a coach gets fired or is forced out, much of a team can just dissipate. And, commits to the fired coach then decommit. Not sure if the latter has happened yet with SC.

Can fulfill the adage of "be careful of what you wish for."

Then, it becomes a scramble to fill what was lost, from the portal.

College basketball chaos, circa 2022 and beyond.
Yeah the PF is supposedly ticketed for UMass. But they have 5 guys transferring. They aren’t all going to step down to go to UMass.

Carter would be nice for UConn, but he’s a Miami kid so you have to wonder If he’d go play there.

Reaction Score
Hurley finally woke up from his nap :D
With zero insider knowledge my guess was Hurley was waiting to see what Cole was going to do. No shot at landing a guy like Reeves if Cole comes back. Now they can at least make the pitch that the PT and shots are there for him, but obviously every school is on this kid so I am not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom