Transfer Portal | Page 67 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, I'm in favor of doing so intelligently.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah they had a great season and Cooley has done a pretty good job there. I just don't think that takes away from the fact that expectations are different at UConn and all those pining for Cooley now would be severely disappointed if he had the same resume and was our coach
There is no question that their expectations are different than ours.

And do not misunderstand a single one of my comments to suggest any pining for Cooley on my part. I'm simply pointing out that he has done better than our coach, so far; which is why I think it's silly to go popping off our mouths about him and Providence.

Reaction Score
So...Louisville loses Matt Cross and has Akok visiting this weekend....round and round we go...

Reaction Score
There is no question that their expectations are different than ours.

And do not misunderstand a single one of my comments to suggest any pining for Cooley on my part. I'm simply pointing out that he has done better than our coach, so far; which is why I think it's silly to go popping off our mouths about him and Providence.
Hes been there for 11 years too. You think we would give Hurley 10 before he made a Sweet 16? Can’t even compare the two imo

Reaction Score
shoots 47% from 3 .... who's our Nebraska/South Dakota recruiting guy?
The fit is so bad. If you’ve watched him, he’s a sieve on defense. He would get his lunch stolen all day in the BE. But if he accepted a Giffey/Kromah style role; sign me up in a heartbeat. The dude hits shots from NBA +++ range

Reaction Score
Can't even keep track of the amount of wing transfers Providence has taken this year.
Floyd, Hopkins, Carter, Locke...
2/3 are wings in my book.
PC is going to be very average next year idk why you keep comparing us. 4 of the 5 transfers they brought are prob going to start. along with bynum: carter / locke / hopkins / moore. floyd and croswell off the bench plus breed if he doesnt leave. that's a bubble team if theyre lucky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly this kid turned into a pretty solid player. Doesn't really fill a need for us though

He was fine, wouldn't call him solid though. He was an okay 5th or 6th piece. Never really shot the 3 the way he was billed as out of HS.

Reaction Score
nah, too busy wondering aboot our 'culture' here.
here's sumthin else u said,
'As a Freshman in 2019-20: Appeared in 31 games, starting 11, averaging 3.9 points and 2.1 assists with a 1.8 assist-to-turnover ratio in 19.1 minutes per game... In games in which he played more than 20 minutes, his averages rose to 6.3 points, 3.5 assists and an impressive 2.14 assist-to-turnover ratio... Had four double-figure scoring games, including a season-high 13 points against SMU (2/12/20)... Handed out a season-high 9 assists, scored 12 points and played over 40 minutes at Temple (2/20/20)... For last 16 games of season, shot .821 from foul line... Honored on UConn’s 3.0 GPA Night and named to AAC All-Academic Team.'
u know who else was accused of the 'east-west handle, often resulting in a back down move?' only one of the most formidable recent players, who collected all the hardware in his time in the cbb- colin. not to say jmoney will evolve into colin success, but at least he starts out as a pretty sharp cookie, who is almost 6'4,' and far away from his final accounting results.
the rest
UConn Highlights: Jalen Gaffney - Freshman Season (2019-2020)

Yeah our culture must suck when we lose a guy who is remembered for one good game in his last 2 years huh? Makes me wonder if the culture of our fanbase. Lol

Reaction Score

IF, Llewellyn goes to Michigan, that would be two straight years they enter the season with a top-flight transfer manning the PG spot in lieu of the various top-100 options recruited (Zeb Jackson in '20, Frankie Collins and Kobe Bufkin in '21, Dug McDaniel in '22).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

IF, Llewellyn goes to Michigan, that would be two straight years they enter the season with a top-flight transfer manning the PG spot in lieu of the various top-100 options recruited (Zeb Jackson in '20, Frankie Collins and Kobe Bufkin in '21, Dug McDaniel in '22).

Any of those guys transfer out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc