Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can pretty much expect that at least one current champion(s) will be running it back…
I wonder if Hurley and staff are going after Damian Dunn's former Temple teammate, Khalif Battle. Would this be a good pickup and someone for Jaylin Stewart to be the back up to?

Reaction Score
It sure does and it hurts their fanbase. While doing my relaxing bedtime reading last night I was reading the BoneYard and then I topped it off by reading the BlueJay Underground (start at p25):

It sucks for Creighton for sure, but it sucks for the Big East as well. Hopefully Creighton can replace him with someone better.

Or instead, hopefully creighton tanks and stinks next year and I’m very happy

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Super versatile defender and a solid stretch 4.

Crap, with Cooley at Georgetown am I actually going to like this Providence squad? Feels weird, but like Georgetown and St. John’s seem like the new villains now.

Nothing but love. Some times we love them and sometimes we love to hate them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Super versatile defender and a solid stretch 4.

Crap, with Cooley at Georgetown am I actually going to like this Providence squad? Feels weird, but like Georgetown and St. John’s seem like the new villains now.

English will have to show the ability to recruit more than just his former players. Are they running out of spots?

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
English will have to show the ability to recruit more than just his former players. Are they running out of spots?
With the way teams have a full exodus after hiring a new coach, he should get a bunch of credit keeping Hopkins, Carter and their best ‘23 recruit on board.

Welp, I guess this thread will get busy soon…

Reaction Score
With the way teams have a full exodus after hiring a new coach, he should get a bunch of credit keeping Hopkins, Carter and their best ‘23 recruit on board.

Welp, I guess this thread will get busy soon…

I agree - but could Hopkins and carter been influenced by already using their transfer? As opposed to risking getting another waiver. I think English will do well there regardless.

Reaction Score
Would be brutal for Creighton if true.

Brutal, yes, but a perfect landing spot positionally for both players.

Arizona was not a deep team last season and graduate guard Courtney Ramey and shooting wing Cedric Henderson, plus Tubelis might go pro.

If Nembhard/Kaluma join Arizona, then a potential starting lineup of Nembhard/Boswell/Larsson/Kaluma/Ballo really impresses.

Overall, the P12 will be much better next season: USC and Colorado will be much improved, Oregon returns at least three starters and bring in two top-10 recruits, Washington State returns almost their entire team...

caw

Reaction Score
Brutal, yes, but a perfect landing spot positionally for both players.

Arizona was not a deep team last season and graduate guard Courtney Ramey and shooting wing Cedric Henderson, plus Tubelis might go pro.

If Nembhard/Kaluma join Arizona, then a potential starting lineup of Nembhard/Boswell/Larsson/Kaluma/Ballo really impresses.

Overall, the P12 will be much better next season: USC and Colorado will be much improved, Oregon returns at least three starters and bring in two top-10 recruits, Washington State returns almost their entire team...

If Zona gets all the guys they are rumored to, they will win the transfer portal this year. They may need 25 scholarships for it, but…

Reaction Score
Could these players be transferring for better NIL opportunities?
University of Arizona bball players own Tucson but Phoenix is ASU and Grand Canyon University. I’m sure U of A players get pretty good NIL opportunities in southern Arizona.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How many “massive” coaches are there anymore? Self, Izzo, Few. That’s about it. There’s the younger guys like Hurley and Oates but I can think of very few long established guys with Wright, Roy and K all gone.
It’s either them, or he’s exaggerating for engagement, which is always possible on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom