Transfer of the Year? | The Boneyard

Transfer of the Year?

Reaction Score
Referring to players in their First year at their new school…

I would assume leaders are
Pao Pao, Morrow, and Betts

Others?

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This was from The Athletic, and an update should be coming soon, as they said another one will be published at the middle of conference play.
1707260503171.png

Reaction Score
It's a really great question. So many are playing well. Matilda Ekh was incredible in VT's last game vs North Carolina. Her stats are pretty much identical to what she did at Michigan State, and I really hope Kenny Brooks helps her develop a bit more this off season cuz she has great intangibles. But Ekh and Mckenzie Forbes, though they are not the answer, are like ceiling raisers. Like USC and Vtech are both pretty scary, of course because of their stars, but also because they found those two respectively in the portal, and they each play their role to a tee. Jewel Spear has been playing well recently as well, which I'm super happy to see. She got off to a slow start, which I was surprised. She's re-found her shooting touch and looks pretty good. Betts has missed the past couple games, and Morrow has been pretty good all season. Honestly, I'd probably go with Betts. I really want to go with Paopao even though she's struggled a bit the past couple games. I just think if you take Paopao off SC, they still probably are a top 5 team. I don't think UCLA is a top 10 team without Betts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kelsey Rees, formerly of Utah, now with Oregon State has been a great addition, particularly on defense. Great teammate as well.

Reaction Score
Gotta be Betts I think. She is probably the biggest needle mover. Really hope she’s ok and back soon from whatever’s been going on

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
TBH, I think Morrow and PaoPao are probably slightly better all around players, but Betts fills a need for UCLA that they desperately need now. Morrow and PaoPao are but one cog in two many-guard-cog wheels.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lemme expand this to a transfer of the year First Team
You're onto a good idea! Let's go first-team All-Transfer! (What the heck, if you've more than five, list them, too.)

Reaction Score
I'd give Morrow a slight nod over Betts. Morrow brings rebounding, scoring, a stretch from a big, a replacement for Smith and she's somehow fit in flawlessly from day one.

For my money,
UCLA w/ Betts > LSU w/ Morrow
UCLA wo Betts < LSU wo Morrow

so Betts is adding a lot more to team performance.

That said, is SC #1 without Pao Pao? She has provided steady, confident leadership and scoring. I think she's probably taken them from top 5 to clear NC favorite.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For my money,

That said, is SC #1 without Pao Pao? She has provided steady, confident leadership and scoring. I think she's probably taken them from top 5 to clear NC favorite.
I think that's 3/5 of the First-Team All-Transfer Team: Betts, Morrow and Pao Pao.

Want to see a few teams to add onto that first team:
  • Sans Olivia Cochran, Louisville has hordes of transfers, whom I'll watch tomorrow.
  • Mathilda Ekh is starting to warm up for Va. Tech
  • And Ashley Owusu has awakened from a long time away. Is it a spurt or will it be prolonged?

I can think of a number of "good jobs," ranging from Matyson Wilkie in Utah to Anna DeWolfe at ND... will ponder those as I see 'em as the regular season winds down.

Reaction Score
For my money,

After the way they've looked without her, I'm not sure UCLA is even top 25 without Betts. I'd make her the top transfer, with Pao Pao second.

Pao Pao had more starts than everyone else on South Carolina's roster combined. I think she is much more valuable than people realize. I could see us being a contender without her, but I think we would have trouble performing consistently at a #1 level. I'd put her second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom