Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The best argument against Mitchell and Joplin being involved in something funky is that if they were trying to fix the game, they were too obvious about it. If I was one of those two, I would have been a little more subtle.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Old age is setting in, losing all your senses.
I had a sinus infection and an ear infection after BET , I never felt bad, went to work everyday like it was a nuisance cold. Only difference was blowing neon green snot. A few days later I lost all hearing ( I mean all of it) in my right ear , I saw an ENT early this week. I got some hearing back, but I ended up with 60% hearing loss in my right ear. I’m now faced with a choice of surgery with coin flip odds that it can repair, or a permanent hearing aid.

So you are not wrong.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
NC State was like 7-11 vs the ACC during season.

Reaction Score
The best argument against Mitchell and Joplin being involved in something funky is that if they were trying to fix the game, they were too obvious about it. If I was one of those two, I would have been a little more subtle.
Joplin was terrible but whenever I watch Marq I hardly ever see Mitchell make shots, he's always bricking, he's mostly an energy guy imo

Reaction Score
This adds to Shaka's rep of not getting it done in the tournament but I wouldn't put this one on him. The players had wide open shots the entire game and bricked all of them, couldn't make ft's, and had so many unforced w t f turnovers it made it look like guys were on the take.

Reaction Score
4/31 from 3 is just brutal. Can’t say I’ll miss Kolek if it was his last game.

Reaction Score
Marquette played about as bad as a team can play. I can’t recall a team missing so many open 3s. They also had many sloppy turnovers and missed free throws.

Reaction Score
Joplin was terrible but whenever I watch Marq I hardly ever see Mitchell make shots, he's always bricking, he's mostly an energy guy imo
That's definitely his role. Unless he is extremely wide open, like no one within a 7 feet radius of him, he won't make 3 pointers.

Reaction Score
Marquette has had a lot of chinks in the armor in their supporting cast. Generally lack the “dawg” mentality you need, rely too much on finesse. Brutal on the boards, rely on turning the ball over. Doesn’t work in a 6 game run, easy to game plan. Joplin is just not a great player, especially when it matters. In a game where it was clear the 3 wasn’t dropping, they really had no way to create consistent offensive opportunities, and kept missing them. Awful exit. Shaka needs to go recruit a couple dawgs that can jumpstart the soft team culture. They have a finesse 5, a finesse 4, a gap at the 3 and then two plus guards that can’t carry a team.

Reaction Score
I had a sinus infection and an ear infection after BET , I never felt bad, went to work everyday like it was a nuisance cold. Only difference was blowing neon green snot. A few days later I lost all hearing ( I mean all of it) in my right ear , I saw an ENT early this week. I got some hearing back, but I ended up with 60% hearing loss in my right ear. I’m now faced with a choice of surgery with coin flip odds that it can repair, or a permanent hearing aid.

So you are not wrong.
Damn, I am sorry to hear about that August. I kept reading your post and was waiting for a sarcastic punch line.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Mitchell had the best ORtg and best DRtg of anyone in the Marquette rotation coming into this game. Mitchell is a really good player, and he played like hot garbage today, and it wasn't just missing shots. He was terrible defensively tonight against a mediocre team like NC State.

Maybe he is sick or something, but if he isn't, then his performance tonight is suspicious.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Embarrassing showing from Marquette. 4/31 from 3. Totally self-inflicted.
I think the depth perception got to them. It bothered us in Brooklyn. It happens. They couldn’t hit anything on clean looks

Reaction Score
Tough way to go for Marquette.

33% from the floor.
12% from deep.
60% FT.
Marquette's all around shooting was off. At one point they were 6-14 on FTs. NC State didn't even play that well either.

Reaction Score
yeah him. He still commanded double teams and passed well out of them. Was he the main reason today? No, I would say DJ Horne was.
4 and 4 but 7 assists. 3 more than Kolek.

He didn’t have his typical game because MQ made sure he didn’t. Their entire game plan on defense was to make him pass it and not be a scorer.

So he wasn’t the key to the game for State but he WAS the scouting report and State showed they aren’t a one man band.

Guess the path wasn’t paved for Marquette as I was led to believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom