Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - Sweet 16

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In all candor, I expected more from Iowa St (well at least a semblance of actual offense being run on occasion). Their offense seems to be whoever thinks he may have a shot, shoots, but you really can't call most of them shots as it appears they are just throwing the ball towards the basket.

If we play illinois and that game turns into a trackmeet similar to St John's in the BET, we'll have a difficult time shaking them.

Reaction Score
I watched Penn State beat Illinois. I know I did...and now I'm questioning whether or not it was a fever dream, because I don't know how that happened.
Because Illinois is wildly inconsistent this year. They've lost 8 times, and this Iowa State game is going to be their best performance of the year by far.

Reaction Score
In all candor, I expected more from Iowa St (well at least a semblance of actual offense being run on occasion). Their offense seems to be whoever thinks he may have a shot, shoots, but you really can't call most of them shots as it appears they are just throwing the ball towards the basket.

If we play illinois and that game turns into a trackmeet similar to St John's in the BET, we'll have a difficult time shaking them.
You got fooled because they beat down an exhausted, short handed Houston team. This team lost to Virginia Tech.

Their turnover stats on defense look great until you see their OOC.

Reaction Score
At least we know that if we beat Illinois in typical uconn fashion, then we can be sure about what we all think to ourselves, but are too superstitious to write.

Reaction Score
Terrence Shannon is for real. Castle is going to have his hands full.

He looks like the best perimeter player in cbb.
He also looks a bit out of control and is getting pretty open looks thanks to ISU's defensive style. He'll see a much different look against us.

Illinois' offense has a more one and one than I expected.

Reaction Score
UNC could be a problem if we get past the Illinois/Iowa State winner. Great big man in Bacot, deadeye three point threat in Ryan and fans that travel well. It looks like UNC will win, but would rather see Alabama win, although they're a great three point shooting team.

As a side note, Alabama has the North Dakota State transfer big man Nelson I was hoping UConn would get, but with DC here, no real spot for him. He starts for Alabama.

Reaction Score
Well this validates my conviction coming into this weekend that I would rather play ISU than Illinois.
I was scared of Iowa State because they beat Houston twice, once by 30. They have to be better than this right? lol.

Reaction Score
Really don't understand the tournament's shift from CBS, it's a Saturday, what else on that network could take precedent.
I don't know but I really hope it's "clash of the titans"

Reaction Score
UNC could be a problem if we get past the Illinois/Iowa State winner. Great big man in Bacot, deadeye three point threat in Ryan and fans that travel well. It looks like UNC will win, but would rather see Alabama win, although they're a great three point shooting team.

As a side note, Alabama has the North Dakota State transfer big man Nelson I was hoping UConn would get, but with DC here, no real spot for him. He starts for Alabama.
It's the Final Four. Every team is a problem there.

We did give them a bit of a whooping when we played them, though.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Iowa State looks awful. A decent team would be up 25 at half

Reaction Score
It's the Final Four. Every team is a problem there.

We did give them a bit of a whooping when we played them, though.
R.J. Davis is lightning quick. He's scary too. Did Bacot play when we played them?

Reaction Score
It's a miracle Iowa St is only down 8 with the way they've played, Illinois leaving alot of points at the line

Reaction Score
We're always scared that there is another team out there that is better than us but we just haven't seen them yet. All the analysts are in awe of us, Vegas has us as a favorite throughout, we win every game by 20+, yet we still think every team we are about to face is gonna beat us. Human nature I guess

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Grown man with an NBA game and size, definitely the best player we would face and that Castle would have had to guard
They actually have pretty similar build. Shannon is just a touch more athletic, especially speed wise.

The way he separated for that fast break dunk was electric.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He also looks a bit out of control and is getting pretty open looks thanks to ISU's defensive style. He'll see a much different look against us.

Illinois' offense has a more one and one than I expected.
At the end of the day we have Clingan. So he’s going to spend the whole game taking jumpers. We’ll see how that works for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom