Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That ain’t Carolina’s fault or anything that should be complained about. If anything it’s an indictment against UConn fans then.
The second game is different than the first as winning team fans buy tickets from losing team fans. Especially when they are close. We will have a good crowd tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Starting multiple games at noon limits west coast audience, who outside of diehards are gonna start watching at 915 am
They used to just have the stand alone game around 12:15 on weekends and then staggered starts times from 2:00 on so multiple games in afternoon, it's been a few years though since they did it that way. Now the weekend games are backloaded to evening

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Neither of the teams in this Iowa St. - Wash St. game are particularly impressive.
Washington State is a good offensive team and has 44 points. Iowa State is the #2 defensive team per Kenpom. Tends to make the game look ugly. Their offense is ok, but really comes from the defense.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Iowa St defense is impressive. They didn’t give Wazzou anything in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Game was over with anyway considering Wazzu can't score but the 1-3-1 was not the move

Reaction Score
The second game is different than the first as winning team fans buy tickets from losing team fans. Especially when they are close. We will have a good crowd tomorrow.
That’s what I expect too

Reaction Score
The second game is different than the first as winning team fans buy tickets from losing team fans. Especially when they are close. We will have a good crowd.
I hope you're right. Typically it goes from four teams down to two. In this case it's a doubleheader so there's still four teams fans.

Reaction Score
Washington State is a good offensive team and has 44 points. Iowa State is the #2 defensive team per Kenpom. Tends to make the game look ugly. Their offense is ok, but really comes from the defense.
Don’t disagree they’re a really good defensive team (though Washington State is only 68th in offense on Kenpom). I just don’t believe in their offense enough and I think they’d struggle with our size.

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree they’re a really good defensive team (though Washington State is only 68th in offense on Kenpom). I just don’t believe in their offense enough and I think they’d struggle with our size.

Marquette flustered Tristen on a couple of traps but overall I think we shred that strategy. Good luck trying that consistently on Cam.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They used to just have the stand alone game around 12:15 on weekends and then staggered starts times from 2:00 on so multiple games in afternoon, it's been a few years though since they did it that way. Now the weekend games are backloaded to evening
Damn I forgot they used to start earlier my memory sucks

Reaction Score
Watching Iowa St - WSU I see only these possibilities:

Iowa St is just cold.

Washington St's defense is very good

Iowa St can't score in a halfcourt offense.

It could be a little of all three but I am now worrying a little that we're being fed false intel.

View attachment 98112

Iowa St has the 51st ranked offense per Kenpom. We should be able to shut them down or slow them down enough to have it not be an issue. I didn't see the Houston game so can't figure out what happened there but I doubt something like that happens twice.

Reaction Score
Iowa St has the 51st ranked offense per Kenpom. We should be able to shut them down or slow them down enough to have it not be an issue. I didn't see the Houston game so can't figure out what happened there but I doubt something like that happens twice.
Part of what happened is that Houston has injuries and isn't deep, so the third game in three days is going to be a lot more difficult for them.

Houston is good, but because of the injuries someone is going to clip them in their region. If they were fully healthy, they'd probably be the one team I was worried about because their coach isn't a an unsteamed vegetable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I hope you're right. Typically it goes from four teams down to two. In this case it's a doubleheader so there's still four teams fans.
A Sunday night 745 start ( and we all know that means 830) ain’t doing us any favors on that front.

Reaction Score
Damn I forgot they used to start earlier my memory sucks
The worst was way back when and only CBS carried all the games.....and the 1st round Thur / Fri you would have to wait for them to "switch" to a close game if you were stuck with a dud in your market. Ahhh the good old days, many things were better but not the NCAA Tourney coverage.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The worst was way back when and only CBS carried all the games.....and the 1st round Thur / Fri you would have to wait for them to "switch" to a close game if you were stuck with a dud in your market. Ahhh the good old days, many things were better but not the NCAA Tourney.
Feels like the dark ages compared to what we’ve got now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89