OT: - Total Eclipse April 8th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Total Eclipse April 8th

Reaction Score
70% covered in Newport VT- starting to see light level diminish, and am I imagining or is it feeling a little cooler?

Reaction Score
Huskies Eclipse.jpg

Reaction Score
Full eclipse happened/ oh my God! It was night outside- completely blocked! Last part that got covered was rim from 11 to 1 o’clock- there was the thinnest white glow surrounding a perfect black circle of moon. The light emerged again, the first return light came from around 5 o’clock and it looks like day again, but with solar glasses you can see moon is still covering at least 95%. When it was full eclipse, you only could see it with bare eyes.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that didn't really notice a difference with the naked eye? I just went outside my office with some coworkers to check it out and we were supposed to be at 90% totality here in Connecticut, but the sun literally looked just as bright as it normally does to me lol.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that didn't really notice a difference with the naked eye? I just went outside my office with some coworkers to check it out and we were supposed to be at 90% totality here in Connecticut, but the sun literally looked just as bright as it normally does to me lol.
Your retinas are cooked buddy

Reaction Score
What state are you in? If it's CT you probably wouldn't notice any difference. I saw the sun disappear in Illinois.

Reaction Score
100% totality here in Buffalo. Nighttime arrived in 2 seconds. That was wild. But seeing the corona and the sun flares, red beads, was really much more than I was expecting.

We saw 4 minutes of totality in a pocket surrounded by clouds. 30 minutes north in Niagara people reported seeing only 10 seconds of total eclipse. Downtown Buffalo got ZERO view.

I live in North Central Buffalo and it was like the sky opened a pocket for us to see.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think Phoenix would be effected but my neighbor lent me his glasses the sun was about 1/4 blocked . Even with that amount a person wouldn’t even notice any difference in daylight .
which is amazing .

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
100% totality here in Buffalo. Nighttime arrived in 2 seconds. That was wild. But seeing the corona and the sun flares, red beads, was really much more than I was expecting.

We saw 4 minutes of totality in a pocket surrounded by clouds. 30 minutes north in Niagara people reported seeing only 10 seconds of total eclipse. Downtown Buffalo got ZERO view.

I live in North Central Buffalo and it was like the sky opened a pocket for us to see.
I’m in north suburbs and we had tons of clouds but we got enough intermittent glimpses.

The darkness that took over and just sitting in day time was veeeerrrry eerie.

Reaction Score
SMH clouded over in Bristol just in time to ruin the show.

Reaction Score
93% totality here in MA with a nice bright sunny day. At peak, the ambient light was a bit darker, especially in my room with skylight windows. like twilight. But not dark. Neat enough using the glasses to see it mostly covered, but not exactly life changing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom