OT: - Total Eclipse April 8th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Total Eclipse April 8th

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
This Saturday I'm driving from Queretaro MX to Mazatlan MX with a stop in Guadalajara. I'll be watching the Bama game in Guadalajara.... yes, I know my allegiance and dedication to our Huskies is in question... I'm a casual fan.
My UConn roommate is also in Mazatlan for the eclipse, wonder what the official game watch is? And for good mojo, I was in Playa del Carmen for the 2014 FF

Reaction Score
At my parents house near a popular tourist spot in the path of totality... about 3 miles from dead center of the totality Absolutely MOBBED. Every parking spot at the local boat launch is already taken, cars lining up and down the road. The dogs have been barking non-stop since 7am. Usually there's 5-10 cars PER DAY driving by this time of year.

Reaction Score
Heading up I-91 now to Newport VT- traffic on highway is heavier than usual. First plans were to go to Burlington, VT, but forecast has clouds arriving there around 1 pm. Newport is supposed to be sunny until 5 pm. Temps expected to be 55 up there.
I’m in Glover vermont, just 10 min south of Newport. Bluebird day here, got the Adirondack chairs sitting In a foot of snow

heard the Walmart parking lot in Newport ( unobstructed view all the way to Jay peak) was completely full of campers bonfires and parties yesterday. Hope you got a destination scoped out cuz the area is filthy with visitors

Reaction Score
Newport is great, very festive, big lake dividing it from Canada, people everywhere! Also, very blue sky!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I caught a good enough one last fall and I call tell you for real, don't look. It will burn your retinas.

sun.jpg

Reaction Score
I’m in Glover vermont, just 10 min south of Newport. Bluebird day here, got the Adirondack chairs sitting In a foot of snow

heard the Walmart parking lot in Newport ( unobstructed view all the way to Jay peak) was completely full of campers bonfires and parties yesterday. Hope you got a destination scoped out cuz the area is filthy with visitors
Glover, VT. Hops for an avatar. Hill Farmstead country. It all checks out.

A few of my friends will be at Hill for the viewing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't use those glasses?
I figured I'd be fine with just a quick look to aim my phone. My eyes hurt for a couple of days, not my best call.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I figured I'd be fine with just a quick look to aim my phone. My eyes hurt for a couple of days, not my best call.
Now I'm afraid to look even with those glasses !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom