tOSU postgame Thread | The Boneyard

tOSU postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the tOSU game:
  • This was a difficult game to watch. After UConn raced to a 10-2 lead forcing the Buckeyes to call timeout, the roof collapsed on the Huskies.
  • tOSU is a guard-oriented team that starts 5 players, who are all approximately 6’ tall, which is good if you’re pressing, creating turnovers and scoring in transition. That’s exactly what happened today against UConn who has struggled with the turnover bugaboo all season.
  • While turnovers were a big part of the problem, so too was the fact that UConn felt the pressure, was rushed on offense and took some really bad shots. With that said, UConn missed a bunch of wide-open looks and even struggled on the foul line.
  • Unfortunately, many UConn fans will get pretty ugly in their criticism of Geno and some of his players for this loss. I CHOOSE NOT TO. The Huskies overcame adversity and persevered all season long. The team feels far worse about today’s game than any of us could possibly feel.
  • tOSU clearly flopped whenever Aaliyah was in the same zip code. If the refs call it, it’s a successful strategy to take an AA player off the court.
  • As I watched Azzi struggle for much of the game, all I could think of was DT’s play her freshman year during the national semifinal. Just like DT, Azzi will be back with a chance at redemption.
  • Yes, If Paige was healthy, she changes the entire complexion of this game, singlehandedly. She makes all the right decisions against the press and settles down Azzi and her teammates.
  • Nobody wants to lose the last game of the season, and yet, just about every team in the country does. The loss today is disappointing for sure. But it should not obscure the overall success and perseverance of this UConn team.
  • Sincere thanks and best wishes in the future to Dorka & Lou, our two wonderful graduate transfers, who both played their hearts out today.
  • Finally, channeling my inner Brooklyn Dodger fan, “Wait til next year!” As of right now UConn’s 2023-24 roster looks incredibly strong: Paige, Azzi, Nika, Aaliyah, Aubrey, Caroline, Ayanna, Ines, Amari, Ice, Jana, KK, Ashlynn & Qadence. How many days until next season starts?

Reaction Score
What a terrible way to end the season.

Good luck to the seniors in whatever they do next, wherever they go. Thank you for your time here.

Hard to find many positives to say right now. I enjoyed spending the season on the BY. For me, WBB ends here until next season. I’ll be cheering on the men for #5.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It was very rough season and there were a lot of ups and downs. Proud of the effort our team put forth throughout. It was a pleasure having Lou here if for only one season. Thanks to Dorka as well for giving her all.

Reaction Score
Really wish Lou and Dorka could've gone out on a national championship with all they've given UConn, but I'll be happy to see them succeed at the next level. Everyone else on the team: get healthy, enjoy life, and I can't wait to see y'all back next year!

Reaction Score
I'm not shocked at all.

Turnovers has been the Achilles heel of this team all season long. They are THE flaw. Any team that could take advantage of that could beat UCONN and UCONN ran into the most equipped team in the country to do so.

Some fans will do the usual ref blaming and there was a favorable OSU whistle but make no bones about it: This team lost today for the same reason they have struggled at times all year. They simply make passes based on wishes and prayers and expect things to work out.

A lot for Geno and this organization to figure out during the off season.

Reaction Score
Ohio State played the way UConn use to and should have played today. They just outplayed UConn women at just about every facet of the game. It almost lookd like UConn was not prepared for this game. Well....here's to next season and every player healthy, happy and dedicated to an exceptional season. Good job to all UConn players who provided great basketball entertainment for this old man all season long. I would like to be around to see next season when Paige B will hopefully play again.

Reaction Score
Far to many TOs, cold shooting, OSU outplayed the Huskies. Heartbreaking that it ended this way, but this just wasn't their year.

Thank you Lou and Dorka, it's been fun watching you this season (Dorka last season as well). Lou saved our season when it looked like things were going the wrong way.

Reaction Score
...Wish it had ended differently - and there could have been a fairytale ending for our lovely team. ....Especially sad for Lou since she was the one that played to her potential today - and she won't get the the Final Four as a player.

Reaction Score
Tough loss but congrats to tOSU! Grateful for all that Dorka and Lou contributed during their time at UCONN. It’s been a year full of injuries and loss (Geno’s Mom) so I hope everyone takes some time to reflect just how much they were able to overcome. Get rest. Get healthy. And come back fresh and recharged for next year.

GO HUSKIES!

“In a world where you can be anything…be KIND”

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A very sad game
-outcoached...I always thought Kev was a dummy. -out hustled -out toughed
Lou was the only one who truly showed up.

teams learned a lot how to play us in the future
Too bad...lots of good players out there.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Great season given what this team went with injuries but even so this was the worst UConn performance (and I’ve been a UConn fan since the early 90’s) in my memory, much of it self inflicted. As an aside the officiating was dreadful but wasn’t the reason UConn lost.

Reaction Score
That second quarter did them in. And I think it affected our confidence which in turn we weren’t playing solid D. They were quicker than us too so lots of fouls on drives and bad refereeing both ways but mostly our way. But state out toughed is to keep the lead throughout. Hope we are fully healthy and can just dominate next year using this as motivation. Please can we just be a healthy next year at least.

Reaction Score
So, I don’t think we can all say we’re surprised? Turnovers have plagued this team all year. Far too many in the sweet 16.

Lou and Dorka! Aces. Both of them. Played their hearts out. Good luck to them. We will miss them.

I’m proud of this team. They went through a lot. Injuries were horrendous, but they found a way.

See you all next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak