Top 5 Hype for Clingan (Givony) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 5 Hype for Clingan (Givony)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If he can’t shoot them in games then, he doesn’t have one. He is 0 threat to shoot in a live game.

I’m well aware he’s working on it as he should be.

My point stands. If a team doesn’t think he’s capable of developing his jumper they shouldn’t take him in the top 5
Been a few years but Mobley went top 5 in 2021 and Wiseman in 2020.

If it wasn’t for injury it’d be a no brainer. Especially in this draft.

Reaction Score
I counted 9 blocks in those highlights. Illinois shot 13% from the field and scored 14 points the entire game when Clingan was on the court. Find me a more dominant performance than that, I dare you.
And the context: the second best offense in the country! This wasn't Stetson... except that both teams only scored 52 points against us.

Reaction Score
I watched it closely and by my count there were only 5 clear blocks. He definitely may have gotten a piece of 2-4 more but you’d have to see a better angle. It doesn’t really matter — altering a shot can be better anyway. And he did that over and over and over.

Not sure where Givony’s getting top-5 but he’s solidified himself as a lotto pick and all it takes is one team in the top-10 to fall in love with him.
Givony prob a top 3 nba draft insider if not 1

Reaction Score
Been a few years but Mobley went top 5 in 2021 and Wiseman in 2020.

If it wasn’t for injury it’d be a no brainer. Especially in this draft.
Mobley had ability to space the floor.

Wiseman didn’t and is a complete bust (for many reasons

Reaction Score
Not much of a point, imo. Why wouldn't DC develop a 3-pointer? Al Horford only shot four 3's his entire college career. Missed 'em all.
“Why wouldn’t DC develop a 3 pointer”

Because shooting is a skill and hard?

When a team makes their evaluation of DC they will consider how much of a floor spacer he can develop into.

While DC can certainly have a nice career and be a good player without floor spacing ability, I wouldn’t take him in the top 5 unless I thought he could develop a respectable perimeter game.

Reaction Score
Clingan can shoot.

In the college game there is no reason for him to.

He’s so dominant inside that preoccupying him at the 3 point line would be dumb.

Hes sub 60 percent from the line. He cannot shoot

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“Why wouldn’t DC develop a 3 pointer”

Because shooting is a skill and hard?
It's not that hard. I can shoot. So can Clingan. It's shooting when guarded that's hard. That's why Horford only shoots when he's wide open. DC will be the same way.

Reaction Score
Just because he doesn't shoot them in games at 20 doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

I take it you haven't seen this

That’s amazing. The length of his arms and height makes that an easier shot for him than a free throw.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he can’t shoot them in games then, he doesn’t have one. He is 0 threat to shoot in a live game.

I’m well aware he’s working on it as he should be.

My point stands. If a team doesn’t think he’s capable of developing his jumper they shouldn’t take him in the top 5

He’s taken and made 3s in games and he doesn’t look foolish doing it. The staff, for good reason, is not spending time on that with him but the form is there and he’ll have plenty of time to focus on his shooting starting in a couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
All I'm going to say is that Andre Jackson became a 37.5% three point shooter after 1 summer of NBA training, and Clingan's shot fundamentals are 10x better than Andre's was at UConn last year

If the work ethic is there, and if an NBA team wants him to become a reliable (enough) shooter, he will be

Reaction Score
Centers arent in demand in today's NBA. I love the kid and I hope it happens.

Mitchell Robinson signed a 4 year / $60,000,000 contract with the New York Knicks, including $60,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $15,000,000. In 2023-24, Robinson will earn a base salary of $15,681,818, while carrying a cap hit of $15,681,818 and a dead cap value of $15,681,818.

i’d like to be in no demand for 15 Million a year.

Reaction Score
These posts of yours are going to age horribly.

Which parts exactly? That he can’t shoot. As it stands he can’t shoot. Good shooters don’t shoot 55 percent from the line. I never said he couldn’t or wouldn’t develop a jump shot.

You guys are being oddly defensive

Reaction Score
I hope DC and Edey can match up in the title game, that would be fun.

Reaction Score
If you can't shoot then you can't do that in the video. Doesn't matter if it's practice, he has touch. The rest is between the ears. Some players just don't have shooting touch Clingan does but no chance to display it with this team.

Reaction Score
Which parts exactly? That he can’t shoot. As it stands he can’t shoot. Good shooters don’t shoot 55 percent from the line. I never said he couldn’t or wouldn’t develop a jump shot.

Do ft percentage for the last 10 games.

And because it’s not that simple. A 7 footer learning the touch to knock down free throws is not the same as him knowing how to knock down 28 footers. It’s why the mid range shot is harder than a 3 point shot. Your form is different. It’s why most big guys struggle from the line early on.

Reaction Score

He can shoot but Hurley wants him at the rim dunking the ball. Clingan will be a modern big in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom