Top 3 Things You Want To See Saturday Against Indiana | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Saturday Against Indiana

Reaction Score
After the game against UCF, these are my new top 3 things:

1) Ball movement, ball movement, ball movement on offense with Paige and Azzi getting more open looks:

2) More of Nika and Caroline;

3) Same defensive intensity with steals, deflections, boxing out and transition.

Reaction Score
1. Maintain your composure--don't get too high, don't get too low
2. Breathe, relax, you got this, you've done this before
3. Know your role, play your role and have resiliency to know you're going to recover whenever you make a mistake

As you can see, most all of the things I'd like to see are mental aspects and not basketball-related such as defense and rebounding. That's because whether or not UConn wins against Indiana is entirely up to UConn, IU is entirely in UConn's wheelhouse, it's a strategic, well-mechanized team like UConn, only UConn does this better.

As I've said before, it's style that makes for match ups and IU's style makes for a good matchup for UConn. To use a boxing analogy, no one ever out-boxed Ali, you might outslug him as Frazier did, but you were not ever going to outbox Ali. Similarly, rarely if ever, does a team ever out-mechanize Geno and beat him at his own game...

Kat

Reaction Score
I want to see a player get hot, drop a few 3s, teammates feeding her the ball for a few in a row, then do it with a different player, spread the defense far apart, then take it to the hole for some easy buckets. Repeat.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
1. Use our height and dominate inside. I want 30+ points in the paint.

2. Continue our stifling defense and hold Indiana to below 35% shooting.

3. Limit turnovers to fewer than 10.
Interesting that Indiana shot 51% last night and Princeton shot 34%. How did Indiana only win by 1 point?

Indiana turned the ball over 17 times to Princeton's 8, and Princeton grabbed 10 offensive boards to Indiana's 1. One offensive rebound for the entire game. The result was 19 more FGA for Princeton which allowed them to stay close despite the FG% difference.

Reaction Score
1). Attacking mindset on both ends of the floor. Be like sharks that smell blood in the water on the defensive end & attack the basket to put pressure on Indiana. Get them into foul trouble.

2). Poise on both ends of the floor.

3). Have fun out there.

Reaction Score
An offense that won't make me yell at the TV
Paige playing with more confidence
Nika(the sneaka) doing her thing on defense

Reaction Score
Same for me as last game...
1) Paige another step closer to being her former self.
2) Good consistent officiating.
3) A moment of silence by the announcers ....... Every other minute would be nice. ;)

Reaction Score
1. Everyone starts, plays, and finishes healthy.
2. Great defense leading to easy MADE layups.
3. A win that does not require me to again bring out my old military vocabulary.

Reaction Score
I don't think that [I want to see Nika, Caroline, Dorka, ONO, AE, Paige, Azzi and Evina start] is going to happen.
But I'd really like our chances.

CW apparently coming off the bench for some added punch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm all in on your three.

Breaking-Away_sq-2-360x360.jpg

Reaction Score
1. No injuries
2. More aggressive going to the rim - make those layups!
3. A win - whether it's by 1 point or 20. Doesn't matter

Reaction Score
you left CW out of the starting line up. I would like that, 9 versus 5 with a trapping defense. And on offense at least 4 players would always be open.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a little more fearless going to the basket. It's been a gripe by Geno for years that his players are often unwilling to take contact and get fouled.

The one thing I was impressed with UCF at the end of that game is their guards just drove to the basket without fear and then UConn would go down the other end and get nothing but a shot clock violation or tie ball.... This is where I saw the most about Paige not fully back yet because she didn't want to take it to the rack like she would before her injury. She'll get there I'm sure.

Reaction Score
1. "everybody eats"
2. "unfinished business"
3. containing Grace Berger... it should seal a " W".
Go Huskies...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom