11) NCSt
12) OreSt
13) VaTech
14) Gonzaga
15) Indiana
16) Colorado

Still in contention: Oklahoma, Kansas St
Really solid list.

Right now it appears that South Carolina/Iowa are locks to be 1s in Albany, UCONN will end up as the 3 in one of those regionals.

This tournament feels wide open in a way I'm not sure it ever has. South Carolina is the clear #1 overall but they needed a miracle to get past Tennessee yesterday, and after that, the next 15-20 are good but flawed, and I could see any of them making it all the way to Cleveland or flaming out in the 2nd round.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The only teams above who are still in action are Texas, Gonzaga, Oklahoma and Kansas State.

What would Texas need to do to snag a 1 seed ahead of Iowa? Beat both KSU and Oklahoma?

How much work do KSU and Oklahoma need to do to displace Colorado and/or Indiana for a host spot?

Reaction Score
What would Texas need to do to snag a 1 seed ahead of Iowa? Beat both KSU and Oklahoma?

How much work do KSU and Oklahoma need to do to displace Colorado and/or Indiana for a host spot?

1) not possible
2) win b12T; Okla possibly if they lose in the final

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is where I think we are:

1) SoCar
2) USC
3) Stanford
4) Iowa
5) Texas
6) UCLA
7) Ohio St
8) LSU
9) ND
10) UConn
11) NCSt
12) OreSt
13) VaTech
14) Gonzaga
15) Indiana
16) Colorado

Still in contention: Oklahoma, Kansas St
The vexing question of whither the Pac-12 teams looms large once again.

UCLA will be a 2 seed in Albany -- that much is certain. Whichever between USC and Stanford is higher (likely USC) will be in Portland. The big question is does the second team from the Pac-12 also get to be in Portland, or will they be shipped out to Albany to make space for Oregon State to in Portland.

Reaction Score

UCLA will be a 2 seed in Albany -- that much is certain. Whichever between USC and Stanford is higher (likely USC) will be in Portland. The big question is does the second team from the Pac-12 also get to be in Portland, or will they be shipped out to Albany to make space for Oregon State to in Portland.
That would mean UCLA as the 2 in SC's region, which I don't see happening. The committee usually believes that the 1 seed has earned the easiest bracket, and particularly this year with SC the far & away #1. UCLA, likely 5 or 6 overall, would be among the tougher #2 seeds.

I'd have something like:
A1: 1 SCar - 7 OhSt - 12 OrSt -- 16 Col
P2: 2 USC -- 8 LSU -- 9 NDame -- 15 Ind
P3: 3 Stan - 5 Tex -- 11 NCSt -- 14 Gonz
A4: 4
Iowa - 6 UCLA - 10 UConn - 13 VT

Last edited:
Reaction Score
fare 310.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Because OreSU failed to finish second in either the regular season or tourney Pac-12, I don't really think they've earned Portland, even though it would obviously be preferable. But shipping Stanford three thousand miles out to Albany as a no. 1 seed seems pretty objectively unreasonably when they (a) beat OreSU three times, (b) won the regular season title, and (c) went farther in the conference tourney than did OreSU. But if it was based solely on moral worth, they absolutely should be in Portland.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Because OreSU failed to finish second in either the regular season or tourney Pac-12, I don't really think they've earned Portland, even though it would obviously be preferable. But shipping Stanford three thousand miles out to Albany as a no. 1 seed seems pretty objectively unreasonably when they (a) beat OreSU three times, (b) won the regular season title, and (c) went farther in the conference tourney than did OreSU. But if it was based solely on moral worth, they absolutely should be in Portland.
Agreed they haven't earned it. But we have seen previous instances where a higher seed sometimes gets shipped out to make room for a lower-seeded "home" assignment.

The 3 losses to Stanford matter a lot of course. I don't believe the committee is swayed by the conference standings per se because the schedule was so unbalanced. To go 12-6 against that gauntlet of a schedule is to me more impressive than UCLA and USC's 13-5 record against their schedule.

Reaction Score
Don't understand what you mean by "Moral Worth". Did a spell checker change a word to moral?

Hard to envision the committee would give priority to 3-seed Oregon State and ship #1 seed Stanford over 2,000 miles and three time zones away.

Reaction Score
As much as I want to have the Beavers in the Portland Regional, in some ways I would enjoy seeing the Beavers first 2 games in Corvallis and then have the Beavers play against teams not from the PAC-12 until the Final 4.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
Beers missed quite a few of their losses to some of the better conference teams.
I think that's a totally reasonable caveat if we're talking seeding or vs. the field, but we're really talking about whom to reward between a no. 1/2 Stanford and a no. 3 Oregon St with a Portland seeding. And if nothing else, Stanford beat OreSU when they had Beers and we lacked Brink, when we had Brink and they lacked Beers, and this past weekend when both could suit up. So if nothing else, I think Stanford deserves it on the clear head to head advantage.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the debate over how good OregonSt is or isn’t. It’s irrelevant.

The entire issue is whether they’re going to ship 1 Stanford AND 2 UCLA East, with UCLA in SCs bracket.

That’s a lot of accommodation for a 3 seed.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the debate over how good OregonSt is or isn’t. It’s irrelevant.

The entire issue is whether they’re going to ship 1 Stanford AND 2 UCLA East, with UCLA in SCs bracket.

That’s a lot of accommodation for a 3 seed.
I'm assuming shipping fUCLA east is a foregone conclusion, since they're third behind U$C and Stanford, and have no geographic proximity claim to Portland. So really, it just comes down to Stanford vs. OreSU

Reaction Score
I'm assuming shipping fUCLA east is a foregone conclusion, since they're third behind U$C and Stanford, and have no geographic proximity claim to Portland. So really, it just comes down to Stanford vs. OreSU

But if you ship both East, you are sending UCLA to SCs bracket. So UCLA is relevant here.

Reaction Score
1 -4. SCar Iowa Texas (assuming they win out) Stanford

5-8 Southern Cal, UCLA, Notre Dame, UConn

9-12. Oregon State, LSU, Colorado, Gonzaga

13-16. Indiana NC State, Utah, (K-State or Baylor)

Plebe

Reaction Score
As much as I want to have the Beavers in the Portland Regional, in some ways I would enjoy seeing the Beavers first 2 games in Corvallis and then have the Beavers play against teams not from the PAC-12 until the Final 4.
OSU's regional location assignment has nothing to do with how soon or how late they might have to face another Pac-12 team. You're guaranteed not to face any of the top 3 teams until the Final Four. There's a chance Colorado could end up a 4 or 5 seed in the same bracket where OSU is a 3, but again that would have nothing to do with location.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

No way Stan higher than USC. Trojans won at Maples and then yesterday. A day after beating UCLA.
If USC isn’t 2 overall, I don’t know what the committee is doing

Reaction Score
eh USC’s net is 10. Behind both Stanford and Iowa. I don’t see their case for #2 overall though certainly for a one seed.

I’m curious to see the Pac 12s performance in the tournament, I have a feeling they might underwhelm as a conference. I don’t know that Stanford has the guard play to make it to the final four nor do i think UCLA has the coaching to make it that far.

USC seems well positioned to make it far though but I’m curious about their depth if their bigs get in foul trouble which is guaranteed to happen at least once during the tournament.

Utah and Colorado could surprise people but I could also see them flaming out.

I find Oregon St. a little Sus tbh but would love to proven wrong because I like them a lot.

Reaction Score
No way Stan higher than USC. Trojans won at Maples and then yesterday. A day after beating UCLA.
If USC isn’t 2 overall, I don’t know what the committee is doing
Just not seeing a 9 NET spot jump over the team that won their conference in regular season. Could it happen? And no, I don’t see them jumping Iowa even if they do jump all their PAC 12 mates

Plebe

Reaction Score

You dropped Ohio State completely out of hosting? Tough crowd.

Reaction Score
in COLORADO You dropped Ohio State completely out of hosting? Tough crowd.
Ha ha. Yeah. I’m tough on tOSu. Old football grudge. Really an oversight by me. They should be Colorado’s 3 seed spot. Colorado drops to four seed and Utah drops out

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ha ha. Yeah. I’m tough on tOSu. Old football grudge. Really an oversight by me. They should be Colorado’s 3 seed spot. Colorado drops to four seed and Utah drops out
But I thought you were showing K-State or Baylor as the last team in, ahead of Utah?

Baylor may have had a prayer but would've needed a deep run rather than a QF loss to ISU. OU had a much better chance than Baylor did but likely squandered it with today's blowout loss to ISU.

Also, not seeing a path for UConn to be moved ahead of LSU for a 2 seed. LSU was ahead of UConn in the last reveal and UConn can't enhance its resume any more than LSU did in the past 12 days. Another competitive loss to SC will if anything only boost LSU's assessment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom