Top 15, maybe top 10 | The Boneyard

Top 15, maybe top 10

Reaction Score
If you’re basing your post on the current game, I suggest you either are watching the wrong game or need to get your eyes checked

Reaction Score
If you’re basing your post on the current game, I suggest you either are watching the wrong game or need to get your eyes checked
Hurley needs eyes checked too ? He saw the same thing I did and he let R.J. play until he fouled out.

Reaction Score
Take our lumps and let Hawk play. He will grow into a good shooting guard and an adequate backup point.

Reaction Score
Take our lumps and let Hawk play. He will grow into a good shooting guard and an adequate backup point.
I agree, shooters need to shoot, freshmen need to overcome mistakes. His weakness is his handle, he can work on that, he is better platooned when someone else can handle the distribution. How about setting up some plays to get him shots?

Reaction Score
what's going to 'limit this teams ceiling if that doesn't change' is jalen's time on the floor, and freedom to shoot. he tied for the team assist lead (4) today in ten minutes. im not in the harshin on dan group generally, but when a spot plainly called for jmoney in the game, and he sent hawk back out instead, that was a mistake, and jalen's time recently has gone backward. not good. i don't understand the absolute collar on him shooting, and it seems that he is only allowed to drive when given permission. weird.
if things don't change for him, i would be the first to support a decision by him to bolt, and expect to see him put up 15 or 20 a night, with 5 boards and 5 assists for another team.
after all, apparently i just spent a few years here, consistently, continually, and petulantly, reminding those in the clown chorus that
josh is the goods.
lately, i hear that one is true.
as always, there are no/few actual players here. turrible.
You are assuming that Gaffney not shooting and not driving is the coaches decision

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You are assuming that Gaffney not shooting and not driving is the coaches decision
im not assumin nothin. i know, from watching his 'development' program here. poor man's head has been on a swivel since day one.
can i do this? should i do that? can a go to the restroom?
why wasn't the final play an inbound to jalen, with the plan for him to go get us a bucket if nothing easy was available?
in 18 minutes per, he's already #2 in getting foul shots, sooooooooooo,
mebbe he drives and gets fouled? and as everrone knows, he's highly likely to make the ft's since, obviously, pressure doesn't seem to get to him, becuz he seems to be always happy, and never shows signs of fear. or mebbe he goes, and hits an open man for a bunny or trey? he's already #2 on the squad for assists.
these are the facts in evidence thus far.
not sure why aboot this, but i think coach's plan for him was/is 'im a former guard, so i know everything aboot that, and im going to spend years 'teaching him the secrets,' and one day, he'll emerge from my laboratory with the keys to the kingdom.' jg's shot collar is starting to freak me out as it's starting to look like the 'don't shoot, josh' silliness.

why wasn't the final play an inbound to jalen, with the plan for him to go get us a bucket if nothing easy was available?
yeah, i know. eye test an all that.

Reaction Score
I wrote an acerbic reply here and then erased it. We should end the criticism of a player now. We have said what we wanted and now we should just say: He plays better than us, he made it onto a major division one team, and he is doing his best and we hope he is happy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
let's check in on ol josh, and see where he's at.
in 20 minutes per, he's 12/6, with career highs in shooting %, ft attempts and made, shots per, o boards, assists, and with a career low in fouls per.
all for last years final 4 squad, and now, one of the top teams in the polls.
looks like 'free josh' didn't fall on deaf ears in hooston. smart.
free jalen.

Reaction Score
im not assumin nothin. i know, from watching his 'development' program here. poor man's head has been on a swivel since day one.
can i do this? should i do that? can a go to the restroom?
in 18 minutes per, he's already #2 in getting foul shots, sooooooooooo,
mebbe he drives and gets fouled? and as everrone knows, he's highly likely to make the ft's since, obviously, pressure doesn't seem to get to him, becuz he seems to be always happy, and never shows signs of fear. or mebbe he goes, and hits an open man for a bunny or trey? he's already #2 on the squad for assists.
these are the facts in evidence thus far.
not sure why aboot this, but i think coach's plan for him was/is 'im a former guard, so i know everything aboot that, and im going to spend years 'teaching him the secrets,' and one day, he'll emerge from my laboratory with the keys to the kingdom.' jg's shot collar is starting to freak me out as it's starting to look like the 'don't shoot, josh' silliness.

yeah, i know. eye test an all that.

Anyone who’s finding a positive from anything Gaff did Saturday is blind. He killed them when he was inserted into the game and RJ was out. Eye test? He’s been dreadful in any game against top opponents and he’s a big part of why we’re 4-4 outside of the cupcakes. I was ok with Hurley not going out and getting a grad transfer who could help and replace RJ because I felt he had confidence in Gaff. Well I’m guessing for now he’s kicking himself in the butt. There’s time for this to change but for now if you’re thinking he deserves more time than you’re just short on basketball sense!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Anyone who’s finding a positive from anything Gaff did Saturday is blind. He killed them when he was inserted into the game and RJ was out. Eye test? He’s been dreadful in any game against top opponents and he’s a big part of why we’re 4-4 outside of the cupcakes. I was ok with Hurley not going out and getting a grad transfer who could help and replace RJ because I felt he had confidence in Gaff. Well I’m guessing for now he’s kicking himself in the butt. There’s time for this to change but for now if you’re thinking he deserves more time than you’re just short on basketball sense!
'if you’re thinking he deserves more time than you’re just short on basketball sense!'

odd, an examination of his current contributions shows that, in less time this season, his
scoring, rebounding, fta's and ftm, assists, and defensive rating, are up, some significantly, over his career numbers. odd indeed, especially when u realize that his time is down.
here, have a new pair of golf shoes. they're all the rage these days cuz they have little lights on the toes, so you can find ur ball. in the fairway. in the bright sunshine. mebbe this season u will break 80.
driving back home from beagle/mba days, i put my glasses in the glove box, never to be worn again.
free jalen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'if you’re thinking he deserves more time than you’re just short on basketball sense!'

odd, an examination of his current contributions shows that, in less time this season, his
scoring, rebounding, fta's and ftm, assists, and defensive rating, are up, some significantly, over his career numbers. odd indeed, especially when u realize that his time is down.
here, have a new pair of golf shoes. they're all the rage these days cuz they have little lights on the toes, so you can find ur ball. in the fairway. in the bright sunshine. mebbe this season u will break 80.
driving back home from beagle/mba days, i put my glasses in the glove box, never to be worn again.
free jalen.
I will grab you some glasses that help you see what’s really happening out there because this guy has done nothing against the top tier programs this year. If you’ve seen something else you need to find a new LensCrafters Cliffy. Defensive numbers up lol, the worst on the team just watch him chase anyone he guards. And it sets up the other teams offense as people scarmble to help. I honestly hoped for a big jump in his game and obviously so did Danny. It hurts in a big way that tha hasn’t come close to happening thus far. There’s still time but it doesn’t look good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It not just a backup PG, we don't really have anyone else we can trust to dribble the ball. Of the starters, I'd but Martin as the #2 option and he's the one who turned it over late. We have team of oven-mitted spazes (spazi?). Gaffney is our 2nd best ball handler even if he has a problem dribbling out the shot clock and has trouble getting by people. We have what we have at this point, time to learn to deal with it and make it work.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It not just a backup PG, we don't really have anyone else we can trust to dribble the ball. Of the starters, I'd but Martin as the #2 option and he's the one who turned it over late. We have team of oven-mitted spazes (spazi?). Gaffney is our 2nd best ball handler even if he has a problem dribbling out the shot clock and has trouble getting by people. We have what we have at this point, time to learn to deal with it and make it work.
imma big fan of tymart, and regularly reminded the gang here, back in the 'he shouldn't start' summer, that he's a walking 11/7 player who can be valuable to a top team. currently, 14/7.
he can't pass, and never could. in his career, he has 107 assists and 161 turnovers, averaging around 1 assist, 1 steal, and almost 2 turnovers per game. why would anyone think that he could make the pass in the 'big' play?
most of jmoney's performance data this season is up, and in some cases, way up, yet playing less time than ever.
Tyrese Martin College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom