Top 100 CBB per 4 dudes at CBS Sports | The Boneyard

Top 100 CBB per 4 dudes at CBS Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No one from UConn?! Sanogo is easily top-100 I expected to see him 50-70, and then Cole 80-100. Not sure where current roster was all ranked in class, but if any were in top-25 then they oughta be in the top 100 esp as top 5-10 move to pros.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, hard to pick who I'd take off that list. Even if you know Sanogo will be top 100 by years end.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, hard to pick who I'd take off that list. Even if you know Sanogo will be top 100 by years end.
Move Boeheim down from 15 and watch the dominoes fall after that.

Sanogo vs other big men: might double Dook's Wendell Moore's stats, better than Wahab now at Md and of course everyone either eats Walker Kessler's lunch or takes the money.

Reaction Score
No one from UConn?! Sanogo is easily top-100 I expected to see him 50-70, and then Cole 80-100. Not sure where current roster was all ranked in class, but if any were in top-25 then they oughta be in the top 100 esp as top 5-10 move to pros.

If you want basketball writers to rank players not by the writers' observations but the ranking service's numbers, why in the world would you waste your time reading their rankings or our time by posting them?

Seriously, I don't get this. You want players who have played one to three years to be ranked based on what someone thought of them entering college, as opposed to what people think of them as college basketball players? That's just not rational.

Reaction Score

Excellent bulletin board material

Reaction Score
It is interesting that UConn is a consensus top 25 team yet they don't have a single player in the top 101. Are there other top 25 teams without at least 1 player? I'd imagine to be a top 25 team UConn must then have a bunch of players 102-200.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He is or should be. But he averaged 17 minutes a game and 7.3 ppg last year. Hoping he is motivated and Hurley gives him the minutes he needs.

Reaction Score
It is interesting that UConn is a consensus top 25 team yet they don't have a single player in the top 101. Are there other top 25 teams without at least 1 player? I'd imagine to be a top 25 team UConn must then have a bunch of players 102-200.
I'll answer my own question. Most teams in the top 25 have multiple players on this list. UConn (#24 in the AP Poll) is the only team in the AP Preseason Top 25 without a single player on this list.

Interesting that some teams further down in the Top 25 like Auburn at #22 (3 players), Maryland at #21 (4 players), and North Carolina at #19 (3 players) have multiple players on this list. St. John's even has 2 players on this list.

So if UConn really is #24 could they possibly do that without any top 101 players? Yeah, I see Sanogo is #102 so I guess you can count him as 1 like Virginia (#25 in the AP Poll) has 1 at #89 and St. Bonaventure (#23 in the AP Poll) has 1 at #94.

Reaction Score
Why is this surprising? We've all been saying for 8 months that we have a roster full of quality players and the fear is that we have not a single one who you can count on being first team all conference. Regardless of whether you think Sanogo is or isn't in the Top 100, this is just another manifestation of what we all know is this year's issue.

I expect Sanogo will be one of the best 100 players in college basketball this year, and expect him to be well up that list. But how do you criticize someone not predicting that for him given last year's numbers?

Reaction Score
This nerd Gary Parrish made sure that pretty much the entire Memphis starting 5 made the list, but not one Husky.

Not to downplay the talent Penny has "acquired" but c'mon, Sanogo or Akok definitely deserves to be on that list.

Reaction Score
This nerd Gary Parrish made sure that pretty much the entire Memphis starting 5 made the list, but not one Husky.

Not to downplay the talent Penny has "acquired" but c'mon, Sanogo or Akok definitely deserves to be on that list.
Akok? Really?

Reaction Score
Akok? Really?
I agree - he hasn't really played much for a year and a half and is coming off what can be a career ending injury. We don't even know what to expect.

Reaction Score
Sanogo definitely belongs on the back half of the list, but it's hard for me to get too upset. This is a UConn team that is going to use it's depth to win and everyone here is expecting a different guy to srep up and lead the team every game. Not too surprising that one guy isn't standing out to a national audience

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Akok? Really?
I agree - he hasn't really played much for a year and a half and is coming off what can be a career ending injury. We don't even know what to expect.

The reality is that Sanogo, Cole, Akok, and Jackson….hell, even Martin could be top 100 players. But they haven’t shown that yet and we are projecting. Now that’s also true of the freshmen on this list. We are all hopeful but we really don’t know.

Reaction Score
Don't have a problem with this list. Sanogo will likely be there at the end of the year.

Just get the W's and the individual accolades will come. Hell, if we have a year where we end up in the top 10-15, half of the roster have the potential to get onto the list.

Reaction Score
If you want basketball writers to rank players not by the writers' observations but the ranking service's numbers, why in the world would you waste your time reading their rankings or our time by posting them?

Seriously, I don't get this. You want players who have played one to three years to be ranked based on what someone thought of them entering college, as opposed to what people think of them as college basketball players? That's just not rational.
You jumped too far into data-only to extrapolate from my post. My point is more subjective; if UConn guys are ranked in top-25, are definitional at a competitive school and as we all hope are benefiting from good coaching & competition, THEN they should on a qualitative basis be amongst top-100.

I don't know if the writers of this article have a say in high school rankings nor do I think anyone needs to hold the line on their ranking. Yes sometimes rankings are a self-fulfilling prophecy (i.e. go to Dook, get in McD's game, be overexposed throughout college, NBA draft or league ultimately shows if you were really that good or not), but the point is that if UConn guys are highly ranked coming in we should be developing them such that their quality goes up whilst playing for the Huskies. I don't really care about the rankings, I care about the players actually developing into some of the best college players & that UConn has ZERO top-100 is something I feel strongly will be proven inaccurate.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The lack of a star on this team may end up being its greatest strength. We’ve got a lot of guys who can be effective depending on matchups. I like the team, but I definitely want to see what they do against better competition.

Reaction Score
Not being listed as a snub is a snub.
Getting snubbed off the list of snubs, Sanogo with one chip on each of his massive shoulders.

While we are here, Andre Jackson is clearly one of the top ten athletes in college hoops, a top ten defender, prob top 20 forward-passers and isn't on the list simply b/c people just basketball players primarily based on scoring. Instead of a chip on his shoulder he can keep his atop the backboard where only Andre snare it (although Akok rising).

Reaction Score
W's are a result of strong team play and executing the roles you've been given- Keep getting W's

Recognition for the team will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22