Top 10 Team Tracker | The Boneyard

Top 10 Team Tracker

Reaction Score
Hopefully we live in the top 10 most/all of the year, so how about a thread to keep track of the top 10 teams?

Reaction Score
Watching Michigan State and Tenn....

MSU looks like a typical Big 10 (overrated) team. No total standout athleticism. Their big looks just ok. Kinda small at the 1 thru 4 positions; especially the 1 and 2.

Tenn looks athletic but not exceptional in terms of offense capabilities. Rugged defenders.

Reaction Score

MSU looks like a typical Big 10 (overrated) team. No total standout athleticism. Their big looks just ok. Kinda small at the 1 thru 4 positions; especially the 1 and 2.

Tenn looks athletic but not exceptional in terms of offense capabilities. Rugged defenders.
Coen Carr is a freak athlete and has shown it lol, other than that I agree

caw

Reaction Score

So both are the same as last year? Give, or take.

Reaction Score
Kansas vs Illinois: Kansas looked like a top 10-20 team tonight. Dickinson looked like 3rd team Big12. Side note: Illinois looked like a top 20 team tonight for sure; veteran backcourt with a stretch-5.

Reaction Score
Kansas has roster constructions problems. I didn't like them being ranked #1 in the first place, and this game didn't set me at ease. Their only volume 3pt shooter is a midmajor uptransfer that seemingly is coming off the bench (Timberlake). McCullar, Harris, and Dickinson can shoot, but none of them have much gravity (they're shoot when wide open types). They have essentially no bench outside Timberlake. Their main other bench guy (freshman Furphy from Australia) has shin splints, which can be a real devil to deal with.

Their only hope is just to be elite on defense, but Dickinson is not really that defensive anchor type. He'll block a few shots, but his teams's defenses have been quite mediocre the last 2 years (and his personal on/off defensive splits have been regressing as well). They'll probably be better defensively with KJ Adams at the 5, but they don't even really have the bodies on the bench at the 4 to move him.

If they have any injuries they're screwed.

Reaction Score

Tennessee was playing without two big time players. Two of their best scorers so can't judge their offense yet.

Reaction Score
Tennessee was playing without two big time players. Two of their best scorers so can't judge their offense yet.
Agreed - I'm not judging anyone yet in terms of where they could be in a few months; just what they showed now.

Reaction Score
and they still beat MSU? gotta love it.

Reaction Score
All other top 10 teams were easy/blowout winners in day 1 games, except Michigan State. Not much to learn for most teams. Will be interesting to see if MSU remains a terrible shooting team as they were 1 for 20 from the 3 line.

Reaction Score
Kansas has roster constructions problems. I didn't like them being ranked #1 in the first place, and this game didn't set me at ease. Their only volume 3pt shooter is a midmajor uptransfer that seemingly is coming off the bench (Timberlake). McCullar, Harris, and Dickinson can shoot, but none of them have much gravity (they're shoot when wide open types). They have essentially no bench outside Timberlake. Their main other bench guy (freshman Furphy from Australia) has shin splints, which can be a real devil to deal with.

Their only hope is just to be elite on defense, but Dickinson is not really that defensive anchor type. He'll block a few shots, but his teams's defenses have been quite mediocre the last 2 years (and his personal on/off defensive splits have been regressing as well). They'll probably be better defensively with KJ Adams at the 5, but they don't even really have the bodies on the bench at the 4 to move him.

If they have any injuries they're screwed.
No worries, they have the most overpaid coach in the history of sports. I am sure they will be fine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom