Top 10 List for Lieberman Award. Guess Who. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 10 List for Lieberman Award. Guess Who.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Henderson and SC is only after one goal! Besides the Dawn Staley Award is the only one that matters to her!
America Ferrera Thats Funny GIF by Team Coco

Reaction Score
Please read my last post and then go take it up with Jeff. Jeff or someone close to him chose to put Dana Evans on the SG list and Hailey on the PG list-COACHES NOMINATE and VOTE.
Aha - I've got it now. Thanks.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks Coco for describing the nomination process. Here are some stats for the top 10. Buekers' numbers look pretty good
AssistsTOAssists/TOScoringshooting %reboundsgames
Mangakahia7.85.01.610.4393.811
Richards6.52.03.37.8452.513
Buekers5.72.52.318.5555.611
Fair5.33.01.824.4386.714
Perez4.81.82.69.8474.012
Taylor4.31.52.88.5412.513
Patberg3.61.62.212.1403.914
Slocum3.61.52.414.6463.619
Van Lith2.11.61.412.3445.816
Johnson2.01.91.117.8533.98
Yes! Paige is indeed on track to win this award.

Reaction Score
Surprised no inclusion of Caitlin Clark or Destanni Henderson, both of whom are having far better seasons than most on this list.
Clark will likely show up on the Drysdale list, which I would agree with. She has little chance of winning the Lieberman award with a Assist/TO ratio of 1.25. I honestly think she is more of shooting guard than PG. She has a lot of assists, but that doesn't mean she is a true PG. Iowa normally shoots the ball after only 1 or 2 passes, not that its a negative, just an observation.

I do think Destanni Henderson should be there instead of Didi Richards. High assist don't always mean facilitator of offense.

Reaction Score
It not a joke actually well thought out down selection. They are not sudenly going to add people to the list.
Here are the names from the preseason list. This is also WBCA controlled meaning that it's up to the coach to nominate a player for these awards if they feel strongly enough.

2021 Nancy Lieberman Point Guard of the Year Award Candidates*
Destiny SlocumArkansas
DiDi RichardsBaylor
Dyaisha FairBuffalo
Micaela KellyCentral Michigan
Paige BueckersConnecticut
Tiana EnglandFlorida State
Ali PatbergIndiana
Tra-'Dayja SmithLongwood
Hailey Van LithLouisville
Amy DilkMichigan
Myah TaylorMississippi State
Raina PerezNC State
Cece HooksOhio
Diamond JohnsonRutgers
Nevena DimitrijevicSt. Francis - Brooklyn
Tiana MangakahiaSyracuse
Lauren HeardTCU
Kyra LambertTexas
Dru GlytenUtah
Katia GallegosUTEP
No, it’s a joke. Dyaisha Fair has dreadful shooting numbers and is a total volume scorer. MAC counterpart Micaela Kelly is more efficient and just as productive (on a better team, too!) but yet only one of those players is on this list, and it’s not who it should be.

Raina Perez of NC State is also a hilarious candidate to me. Ali Patberg also is a top 15-20 (not top ten) PG. I’ve already aired my grievance about Destanni Henderson’s exclusion, but it’s baffling to see other players listed here with worse statistics across the board.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Please read my last post and then go take it up with Jeff. Jeff or someone close to him chose to put Dana Evans on the SG list and Hailey on the PG list-COACHES NOMINATE and VOTE.
@CocoHusky thanks for giving us the facts on the players on this list. But sometimes facts don't matter but opinions and feelings do. :):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Screw the Lieberman.... Paige is the only Frosh on the late season Wooden Award list! (20 names, including, to my amazement, ONO)

No no... let's not be so hasty this would be counter productive. Paige is not going to win the Wooden or the Naismith this season, Ryne Howard is playing to well for that. Paige is also not eligible to win the Wade because freshman are not eligible. The national awards may be out of her reach but please don't underestimate what winning this award would do for Paige in terms of UCONN lore. Sue Bird won 3 of these awards, Moriah Jefferson won 2. Sabrina Ionescu won three- that's kind of irrelevant don't even know why I brought her up. Winning a Lieberman as a freshman will certainly get Paige WBCA AA as a freshman. That would mean Paige has cemented her place on Huskies WoH with 4 full years of eligibility remaining. It would also signal her ascent up the UCONN Mt. Rushmore. BTW UCONN WBB Mt. Rushmore is missing a PG -just sayin.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Once again, there seems to less disagreement about whether or not a player is on a list than what list the player is on. Positions seem blatantly wrong for some players.

Reaction Score
No no... let's not be so hasty this would be counter productive. Paige is not going to win the Wooden or the Naismith this season, Ryne Howard is playing to well for that. Paige is also not eligible to win the Wade because freshman are not eligible. The national awards may be out of her reach but please don't underestimate what winning this award would do for Paige in terms of UCONN lore. Sue Bird won 3 of these awards, Moriah Jefferson won 2. Sabrina Ionescu won three- that's kind of irrelevant don't even know why I brought her up. Winning a Lieberman as a freshman will certainly get Paige WBCA AA as a freshman. That would mean Paige has cemented her place on Huskies WoH with 4 full years of eligibility remaining. It would also signal her ascent up the UCONN Mt. Rushmore. BTW UCONN WBB Mt. Rushmore is missing a PG -just sayin.
I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about Paige getting her place on the wall of honor... :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Award is for Best Guard (does not separate point / shooting guard

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Bumping this thread because I believe with that Butler performance, UCONN assists single game record and UCONN Freshman Assists record Paige sealed the 2021 Lieberman award yesterday.

who's with me mad city GIF by Gotham

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am with you Coco but perhaps some statistics to prove your point would be nice touch? ;)

Reaction Score
Henderson and SC is only after one goal! Besides the Dawn Staley Award is the only one that matters to her!
Did you check with her? So presumably, she’s not interested in the conference championships (regular season and SEC tournament), any awards (except the aforementioned Staley award). “You lost me, Pete.”

Reaction Score
Yup., Paige Bueckers selected as one of 10 candidates for the 2021 Nancy Lieberman Award Geez. I think she is the favorite.

Destiny SlocumArkansas
DiDi RichardsBaylor
Dyaisha FairBuffalo
Paige BueckersConnecticut
Ali PatbergIndiana
Hailey Van LithLouisville
Myah TaylorMississippi State
Raina PerezNC State
Diamond JohnsonRutgers
Tiana MangakahiaSyracuse

Would they ever give the award to a freshman? I'm guessing no way....?

Reaction Score
Did you check with her? So presumably, she’s not interested in the conference championships (regular season and SEC tournament), any awards (except the aforementioned Staley award). “You lost me, Pete.”
Get a life.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No funny is leaving her off this list! But don’t worry...
Jordan Nixon called. Jordan was wondering if Dawn would consider adding her name to the list for the 2021 Dawn Staley award.
Come On Reaction GIF by Disney Channel

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom