Young- J. Gaffney, J. Bouknight
1. Moore
2. Young
3. Hunter
4. Hurley
Ordered in terms of recruiting success so far

Reaction Score
When Rudy Gay committed to UConn...

[Spalding coach Mike] Glick praised the efforts of UConn assistant coach Tom Moore during the recruiting process.

"Tom Moore did an exceptional job in the recruitment of Rudy," Glick said. "He spent a lot of man hours and a lot of leg work in recruiting Rudy. A lot of credit goes to the UConn staff, to Jim Calhoun for coming down here to see Rudy play a couple of times, and to Tom Moore for an outstanding job."

Reaction Score
Kofi is young/hurley. Precious too.

Hurley is the high-end talent guy, and the closer. Our assistants are FANTASTIC at forming relationships with kids early.

Hunter is our 2020 guy right now, I believe you mentioned before. Expect to see his name next year next to some recruits.

C

Chief00

Tom learned so much basketball stuff from JC. One of the ways they are different though is JC use to jokingly call Tom “The Politician”. Tom can be smooth but genuine and just respectful to everyone around him. The peacemaker and the art of compromise. Jim admired that a little but in part because he could not be that way himself for long stretches. LOL

Reaction Score
Not sure about the above rankings. The head coach is involved in sealing the deal with all recruits. They may identify some targets but aren’t as involved at the start. Hurley trusts his guys. Young and Hunter are both outstanding and kept their NE/DMV ties, even when recruiting in Nebraska and Minnesota. Love that they’re back where their strengths are.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Appreciation thread just because he deserves it. Was icing on the cake when he returned home. Now we get to sit back and watch he and Dan Hurley own the Northeast. The pipeline may have officially opened today.

There was a time in the past where I thought Tommy would be our next HC. He might be best suited to being the Assistant HC. He's a excellent talent evaluator, crack recruiter, great teacher, and all around nice guy. He's got excellent wisdom gained from working for JC which he can impart to the HC. He also is really good at keeping a fiery Dan Hurley in check.

He might be our George Blaney.

Reaction Score
There was a time in the past where I thought Tommy would be our next HC. He might be best suited to being the Assistant HC. He's a excellent talent evaluator, crack recruiter, great teacher, and all around nice guy. He's got excellent wisdom gained from working for JC which he can impart to the HC. He also is really good at keeping a fiery Dan Hurley in check.

He might be our George Blaney.

He also had pretty darn good success at QU for a while. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t get another HC gig. Thought getting him for our staff was a absolute steal

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He also had pretty darn good success at QU for a while. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t get another HC gig. Thought getting him for our staff was a absolute steal

I'm not saying he can't be a HC. Just that he is very, very well suited in the assistant HC role.

We got him because 1. he freakin loves UCONN and wants to be a part of bringing it back and 2. he sees something in Dan Hurley which makes him think he can do it.

Reaction Score
One of the more impressive actions from this staff is how they know their roles & responsibilities off the court but also are tightly integrated with the players on the court and sidelines. In other words, they are not replicas of Hurley's action. Far too many times in the past few years, our assistant coaches dotted the same line (a.k.a, Yes men) as our HC. These guys are independently fiery, just what the players need.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom