tom crean | The Boneyard

tom crean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've said it all year. Everybody raving about "Indiana is back". Back to what? Crean has done a nice job making them relevant again but they have to actually win something. 3 weeks ago I texted my brother saying Indiana wouldn't win the big 10 tourney,would get bounced in the Sweet 16, and all their players would leave and they would stink next year. Zeller, oladipo, Watford and Hulls all gone. Preseason number one and they got bounced in the quarters of the big 10 and one step before that in the NCAA tourney. They're back all right.

Reaction Score
I've said it all year. Everybody raving about "Indiana is back". Back to what? Crean has done a nice job making them relevant again but they have to actually win something. 3 weeks ago I texted my brother saying Indiana wouldn't win the big 10 tourney,would get bounced in the Sweet 16, and all their players would leave and they would stink next year. Zeller, oladipo, Watford and Hulls all gone. Preseason number one and they got bounced in the quarters of the big 10 and one step before that in the NCAA tourney. They're back all right.

They were 3-15 in the Big 10 two years ago.

They were a one seed this year.

They have a top 5 class with three top 50 guys coming in.

I think they're moving in the right direction. You sound silly.

Reaction Score
He may sound silly but unless he's lying he was right. Fact is Crean himself in preparation for the Cuse zone and they looked horrid!

Hey he did a good job getting them back there but they underachieved against a team the should have beaten in the bright lights!!

Reaction Score
They were 3-15 in the Big 10 two years ago.

They were a one seed this year.

They have a top 5 class with three top 50 guys coming in.

I think they're moving in the right direction. You sound silly.

No doubt they're moving in the right direction. But back to a dominant elite program? Doubtful under crean. They will be average next year best and then who knows. All I'm saying is you have to win something and Crean just blew his best chance. I'm predicting he gets canned within the next 3-5 yrs. disagree fine. But expectations are now so high and if he couldn't get it done with this team then I don't know

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
ESPN must be mad, they've been promoting Indiana and the BIG10 all year and now their poster boy is out.

Reaction Score

They did land Noah Vonleh.

Reaction Score
no doubt hes done great recruiting at IU (think hes pretty dirty but whatever) just dont think he gets a look at indiana without that FF run. he won 1 tourney game in 5 yrs at marquette after that. i remember my first time seeing a zone.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Approximately 0 people have been impressed by his in-game coaching. Then again, that didn't stop Roy Williams from winning a title at UNC.

Reaction Score
this loss wasn't even about his in-game coaching. He had 3-4 days to prepare for the zone and thats the best they did? All he had to do was watch watch how Louisville/Pitino adjusted during halftime of the BE championship game, and go from there.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
this loss wasn't even about his in-game coaching. He had 3-4 days to prepare for the zone and thats the best they did? All he had to do was watch watch how Louisville/Pitino adjusted during halftime of the BE championship game, and go from there.

OK, you're right. Delete "in-game" from my prior comment.

Reaction Score
No doubt they're moving in the right direction. But back to a dominant elite program? Doubtful under crean. They will be average next year best and then who knows. All I'm saying is you have to win something and Crean just blew his best chance. I'm predicting he gets canned within the next 3-5 yrs. disagree fine. But expectations are now so high and if he couldn't get it done with this team then I don't know

I think they'll be considerably better than average next year. Vonleh is no joke. And if you look at where they were a couple years ago and where they are today you just can't deny that Crean has them relevant again in college basketball. They were a freaking one seed. They lost. Big ******* deal - it's happened to UConn and Mau wasn't on here hyperventilating about how overrated Calhoun was. Only somebody like Mau who thinks every team except UConn is overrated and coached by someone who has no idea what they're doing can deny that Indiana is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom