Todays Lunardi | The Boneyard

Todays Lunardi

Reaction Score
Please let it unfold this way.

Houston & Tenn together
NC & Arizona together
Kentucky & Kansas in Purdue's bracket
Our 8/9 Nebraska/Texas is strong but 4/5 is Wash St /Auburn and 2/3 is Iowa St/Duke
I don't think there could be a much better path to the final 4
(I dread Ky and they should lose before any finals)

Reaction Score

Houston & Tenn together
NC & Arizona together
Our 8/9 Nebraska/Texas is strong but 4/5 is Wash St /Auburn and 2/3 is Iowa St/Duke
I will say, there are only 2 teams in the country in the top 10 in Kenpom O and D efficiency. UConn and Auburn.

Reaction Score
After all the crying about us having an easy path last year, part of me wants the top seeds all the way through to the end. The other part of me hopes the way is paved with bracket busters.

After winning last year, it's really all gravy, just hope it's fun. Good thing is, other than Cam and Castle, everyone has a ring already, so hopefully not as much pressure and can play loose.

Reaction Score
After all the crying about us having an easy path last year, part of me wants the top seeds all the way through to the end. The other part of me hopes the way is paved with bracket busters.

After winning last year, it's really all gravy, just hope it's fun. Good thing is, other than Cam and Castle, everyone has a ring already, so hopefully not as much pressure and can play loose.
Let them keep crying, wanting anything. but the easiest road possible is crazy to me. The difference between Hurley winning a title last year and going back to back is monumental.

Reaction Score
He also has Seton Hall last 4 in and Providence first 4 out. Hall and Providence fans will be on the edge of their seat on Sunday. I think St John's is a lock and Nova definitely out.

Reaction Score
In terms of our 2 seed, the writing's pretty much on the wall.

At this point it's going to be UNC unless they get the 1 out west. If that happens, it will almost assuredly be Iowa State... unless someone like Baylor pips Marquette for the final 2 - then there's a chance it could be them. I'd say 55% UNC, 40% Iowa State, 5% someone else (Baylor?).

Reaction Score
UNC is going to win their tournament. I dont think Tennessee will. I think UNC will be the last #1 seed. I want to play Duke and Kansas and Kentucky and those types of teams that keep getting all these recruits.

Reaction Score

When you look at the actual data, our run last year was about average. IIRC Duke had the easiest run in recent memory.

Reaction Score

Palm's bracket has an interesting lineup - 2. UNC 3. Iowa State 4. Alabama. He has Baylor on the 2 line instead of Iowa State; think he's in the minority there. His brackets have seemed pretty meh to me this season. Not that Lunardi's any kind of bible, but Palm's had wild things like SDSU and Dayton on the 3 line (even at their peaks that was never realistic) and currently has Pitt in over Seton Hall and Utah State as a 4.

Reaction Score
Duke is getting a lot of rest between games. That’s an unfair advantage! lol.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Joe lunardi divines his bracket from the innards of chickens. He’s so bad.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why anyone would be scared of Kentucky, as long as Calipari is there. The dude is a complete choke, terrible game coach when the pressure is on. Got to think that most coaches would love to face him. Hurley would eat him up.

You slow them down, make him think, and he's toast!

Reaction Score

If we beat three 16 seeds and three 15 seeds....it will taste just as sweet to me.

Reaction Score
In terms of our 2 seed, the writing's pretty much on the wall.

At this point it's going to be UNC unless they get the 1 out west. If that happens, it will almost assuredly be Iowa State... unless someone like Baylor pips Marquette for the final 2 - then there's a chance it could be them. I'd say 55% UNC, 40% Iowa State, 5% someone else (Baylor?).
UNC is closer to Detroit than Boston, though, so I don't think it's quite that likely we get UNC unless Purdue is overall #1 (which I guess is still fairly likely). But this soon-to-be Tenn loss makes UNC more likely to be the #1 anyways.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score

Houston & Tenn together
NC & Arizona together
Not sure I understand the fear with Kentucky. They can’t guard and our offense would run circles around them.

Reaction Score
Joe lunardi divines his bracket from the innards of chickens. He’s so bad.
That and it's presumably the only thing he does and it's not even updated all that frequently, even in March.

Reaction Score
UNC is closer to Detroit than Boston, though, so I don't think it's quite that likely we get UNC unless Purdue is overall #1 (which I guess is still fairly likely). But this soon-to-be Tenn loss makes UNC more likely to be the #1 anyways.
Yeah I’m operating under the assumption it’ll be Purdue at the overall number one. Obviously if it’s us (or Houston), the calculus changes. But yes, looking more and more likely it’ll be Iowa State.

Reaction Score
That and it's presumably the only thing he does and it's not even updated all that frequently, even in March.
It's been updated almost every day lately.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the fear with Kentucky. They can’t guard and our offense would run circles around them.
8-2 in their last 10 including three against teams ranked in the top 15. Have also topped 100 three times. They have a bunch of 5* guys starting to find their groove

Reaction Score
UNC is going to win their tournament. I dont think Tennessee will. I think UNC will be the last #1 seed. I want to play Duke and Kansas and Kentucky and those types of teams that keep getting all these recruits.
I would love if we could somehow beat all of Kansas Duke and UK on the way to #6. It would prob have to be KU in the sweet 16, Duke in the elite 8, UK in final four

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
8-2 in their last 10 including three against teams ranked in the top 15. Have also topped 100 three times. They have a bunch of 5* guys starting to find their groove
Sure thing mate. Gave up 97 yesterday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom