Todays announcers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Todays announcers

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s just not easy to produce a televised sporting event on a one off basis. The production was exactly as I expected it. Yes, I hope the team can learn a few things to apply next time - particularly to the camera work, but I am just happy it was on linear tv and not some crappy off brand streaming service.
I wonder if we gave this broadcast away for free- I can’t imagine the ad sales alone was enough to offset the production costs of a one time broadcast unless the rights were almost free.

And Joe D didn’t bother me until the end when he decided to be the “old” UConn and take issue with scoring the late TD. He lost me on that one- this team needs to score- it needs the practice and the players need some rewards- like TDs.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is legitimate to ask if he is drunk
, on prescription drugs or is in early stages of dementia/alzheimer disease.
In this forum, yes. The Boneyard is the home of the harsh take.

Reaction Score
Put me with the group of people who were just grateful to be able to watch the game. When I clicked on the live feed 15 minutes before the game and got a replay of the morning news show, I was worried.

If you really hate the announcers that much, mute is always an option.
I agree with all the posters that were just grateful to have the game on TV using Roku and Fox 61 Plus app. Joe D. certainly had his issues and since I am a Jr., I can't understand why certain people don't comprehend that Coach Mora is not a Jr. Seems easy for me to understand. Joe D. fawning over the Fox 61 women made me cringe as well and is not appropriate in the Me Too era and I'm an old dude.

I happened to catch Saturday's 11PM news on Fox61 and watched Mora postgame. Did anyone else catch his comment about how the team went through a lot the past two years and how the former coach gave up on them last year? First time, I heard this comment which I agree with BTW. I love Mora for his honesty and passion as well as his experience.

Reaction Score
I was just happy to be able to watch the game sitting home in Maine. But I do agree the broadcast could have been better.

Reaction Score
It was such a bad production all around. Really no useful stats. It was like the crew was playing from behind the whole game.

Reaction Score
My 2 cents worth, living here in Arizona I will take any broadcast of a UConn football game that I am able to watch. I will not complain about anything from this broadcast.

Also fair.

Reaction Score
It’s just not easy to produce a televised sporting event on a one off basis. The production was exactly as I expected it. Yes, I hope the team can learn a few things to apply next time - particularly to the camera work, but I am just happy it was on linear tv and not some crappy off brand streaming service.
I wonder if we gave this broadcast away for free- I can’t imagine the ad sales alone was enough to offset the production costs of a one time broadcast unless the rights were almost free.

And Joe D didn’t bother me until the end when he decided to be the “old” UConn and take issue with scoring the late TD. He lost me on that one- this team needs to score- it needs the practice and the players need some rewards- like TDs.
We didn’t give the rights to this away for free. We sold all our homes games, as a package, for multiple years to CBS Sportsnetwork. They transferred the rights to this one to local television. They either charged or gave it away, but there is no reason to think they would have given it away for free. That having been said, I’m sure they didn’t get much for the game either.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was such a bad production all around. Really no useful stats. It was like the crew was playing from behind the whole game.

The difference between on field down and distance and the on screen displayed down and distance was my favorite part of production

Reaction Score
A spotter mentioned that UConn's numbering fonts make Carter’s 26 and Brewton’s 28 look too similar for the same position. I watched from the stands and can’t disagree.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We didn’t give the rights to this away for free. We sold all our homes games, as a package, for multiple years to CBS Sportsnetwork. They transferred the rights to this one to local television. They either charged or gave it away, but there is no reason to think they would have given it away for free. That having been said, I’m sure they didn’t get much for the game either.
I didn’t think the sale to CBS included FCS games - but I didn’t bother to go back and check. Regardless- the central point remains- the value here had to be near giveaway low for CBS.

Reaction Score
I was happy there was a way to watch. The fact it even had announcers was a bonus.
Me too. I found Fanta's voice irritating, Joe D continually missed the call misidentifying the ball carrier, etc. Did they have spotters? Yes, cringe worthy. But loved the whole thing. Watched every play.Not like the Yale game though. CCSU is family. It felt like UConn was playing another branch of the family, which, of course, they were.

Reaction Score
I mean guys, it’s a one off, the camera people were probably the guys normally doing murders and car accidents- no sports experience and Joe and Fanta did fine under the circumstances - it was on tv for free

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I recommend someone from the boneyard do the game next time
Well, it would be entertaining.

Reaction Score
We need a kid that grows up in love with UConn Football that has aspirations to do sports casting and ends up as one to appease this bunch. It's the only way. That's the only person that will pay attention to detail for this program (every player's name, jersey number, bio...etc...)

Reaction Score
I'm a forever fan of Joe D. He was there with Mens Basketball back when our ride really took off after Tate made The Shot in the NCAA Tourney in '90. He was there when we went FBS. He was our voice mistakes and all.
I even like the CCSU/UConn highlights, mistakes and all. Dude is synonymous with MBB, Football, UConn sports...plain and simple. I wish him nothing but the best

Reaction Score
I happened to catch Saturday's 11PM news on Fox61 and watched Mora postgame. Did anyone else catch his comment about how the team went through a lot the past two years and how the former coach gave up on them last year? First time, I heard this comment which I agree with BTW. I love Mora for his honesty and passion as well as his experience.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I'm a forever fan of Joe D. He was there with Mens Basketball back when our ride really took off after Tate made The Shot in the NCAA Tourney in '90. He was there when we went FBS. He was our voice mistakes and all.
I even like the CCSU/UConn highlights, mistakes and all. Dude is synonymous with MBB, Football, UConn sports...plain and simple. I wish him nothing but the best

As the OP let me make something clear, Joe D had and has his faults but I wasn't trying to change history. He has a strong connection with UConn athletics. No one can take that away.

But his performance in the CCSU game was really poor and he embarrassed himself. I'm even sure he wouldn't want his work performance Saturday to be accepted because of his history with the program.

Reaction Score
We need a kid that grows up in love with UConn Football that has aspirations to do sports casting and ends up as one to appease this bunch. It's the only way. That's the only person that will pay attention to detail for this program (every player's name, jersey number, bio...etc...)
Guys - this was a one off game. If a local station was showing 6 home games a year, they would find someone. But if it gets one game one time, what we apparently got is all you’re going to get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom