Today’s Boston Globe BC Football Article | The Boneyard

Today’s Boston Globe BC Football Article

Reaction Score
Pasquolini couldn't survive the home loss to FCS Towson State. FHCRE II couldn't survive the home loss to FCS Holy Cross. Notwithstanding that his first two years at BC were o.k. in the big picture, Hafley may not survive losing to us. And if he does, it won't be with an enthusiastic fanbase next year.

Reaction Score
Pasquolini couldn't survive the home loss to FCS Towson State. FHCRE II couldn't survive the home loss to FCS Holy Cross. Notwithstanding that his first two years at BC were o.k. in the big picture, Hafley may not survive losing to us. And if he does, it won't be with an enthusiastic fanbase next year.
Shouldn't your last sentence read: And if he does, it won't matter much as BCU's 5 diehard fans will keep their season tickets and everyone else in Massachusetts won't even realize he's still there.

Reaction Score
Star guard Christian Mahogany tore an ACL before the season, then tackle Kevin Cline did the same in Week 2. Guard Finn Dirstine has missed significant time with an upper-body injury. Starting center Drew Kendall, who broke his left wrist against Clemson Oct. 8, is playing again.

BC has had defensive linemen switch to the offensive line and has been stuck in an all-too-familiar game of musical chairs. The Eagles have used eight starting combinations on the offensive line and will likely have to use their ninth when they host Duke (5-3) Friday at 7 p.m. Navigating such constant change has had a major ripple effect.
waahhhhhhhh……boo hoo. Welcome to our world. Toughen up.

Reaction Score
BCU has always had an inflated sense of their standing in college in sports. They are a hockey school. That is the preeminent sport. They have occasionally enjoyed mild success in basketball. Their pinnacle is Doug Flutie's Heisman Trophy in 1984, nearly 40 years ago.

The question is not how did BCU get this bad? It's how did BCU manage to stay marginally relevant this long? Their biggest achievement this century (outside of hockey) was sneaking into the ACC hidden in Miami's butt.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, their crippled offensive line absolutely sunk the team's season. Not only did they lose 4/5 starters, they lost 4 of the new starts to season-ending injuries, including the remaining starter. They had to convert two defensive players to the OL.

I don't know enough nor care enough to actually look into if the coaching did a good enough job retooling the OL with recruits and/or transfers. Every team has injuries, look at us. But at least when our backups were put into these spots, they've mostly succeeded, and a large part of that is due to coaching.

I'm not looking to make an excuse for BC or Hafley, but losing an entire OL to injury that was already inexperienced is basically a death sentence. If the coaches didn't adequately get enough depth for the team or coach up the replacements, sure then you can criticize all you want.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day I don't think any of this really matters for BC. They will never compete for a conference championship. The commitment is not there to do that. The ACC was a secure paycheck and that's what they wanted (and all they wanted). Nothing particularly wrong with that, but certainly not very exciting.

One could argue that BC's biggest athletic accomplishment over the last 15 years was keeping UCONN out of the ACC. DeFelippo evidently believed this was vital to BC's success. He was wrong on so many fronts it's hard to believe that someone in his position at the time could be so devoid of business acumen. But, there you have it..........and now UCONN can skate with them as well.

Reaction Score
Just based on what I know about recruiting in Connecticut, I think BC’s recruiting has fallen way down. A few year ago they got several top recruits from CT schools every year. Now, not so much, and if that’s indicative of their overall recruiting successes lately it’s easy to see why they are so bad.

Reaction Score
Just based on what I know about recruiting in Connecticut, I think BC’s recruiting has fallen way down. A few year ago they got several top recruits from CT schools every year. Now, not so much, and if that’s indicative of their overall recruiting successes lately it’s easy to see why they are so bad.
The thing that struck me about last week was that we always had a “speed gap” with them. That wasn’t the case on Saturday. We looked just as fast overall.

Reaction Score
The thing that struck me about last week was that we always had a “speed gap” with them. That wasn’t the case on Saturday. We looked just as fast overall.

Our defense can run. It seems like Mora found athletes at LB and in the secondary overnight.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the end of the day, their crippled offensive line absolutely sunk the team's season. Not only did they lose 4/5 starters, they lost 4 of the new starts to season-ending injuries, including the remaining starter. They had to convert two defensive players to the OL.
Remind me how many starters we are down this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I miss the days when we used to regularly cause other teams to fire their coaches.

Reaction Score
I think Hafley gets one more season at bare minimum. The O line was absolutely destroyed this year. That's a hard spot to replace experience. Fortunately for UConn, the injury bug proved that we are deeper at some positions that originally predicted.

Reaction Score
I think Hafley gets one more season at bare minimum. The O line was absolutely destroyed this year. That's a hard spot to replace experience. Fortunately for UConn, the injury bug proved that we are deeper at some positions that originally predicted.
Definitely we were deeper this year at RB and maybe even WR than people originally thought.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU has always had an inflated sense of their standing in college in sports.
A fact confirmed repeatedly on this very board by the BCU Crank.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom