Timing of POY announcement? | The Boneyard

Timing of POY announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Do they announce the POY awards during final four weekend? Is there a chance that player & coach already know? A few weeks ago, Shabazz and KO knew he was the AAC player of year a few days before they announced it. So, here's my crazy theory. In 1995 Geno chastised Lobo for trying to do it all in the final four, and justifying the POY award. Once he said, that, she started playing within herself. Could this be a potential issue for Stewie? Far fetched, but if she was selected over Sims or Chinney, would that make her want to justify it to everyone?

Reaction Score
In years past, Coach Auriemma knew in advance making it possible for him and the respective players to be available for the inherent obligations.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was surprised by Stewart's two games, but it was not just her but the whole team seemed to have trouble shooting in Lincoln with the exception of Kaleena and Moriah. Arenas had been funny that way and I suspect either lighting or background or baskets were just a little 'off' for some reason - no team shot well except A&M against DePaul and in that game they were only shooting ten footers or lay-ups.
I am hoping this was just an arena thing or a FF pressure thing and they will all snap out for a two game stretch next weekend.

Reaction Score
I do not have facts at my disposal to support this, but it is my feeling that shooting tends to go down in tournaments: Pressure, unfamiliarity, sight lines, better defensive preparation, etc. The facts I do have suggest that UConn should not depend on three point shooting in its next two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom