Tim Deryuter? | The Boneyard

Tim Deryuter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Great coach! But no northeast ties.

Reaction Score
Of course he should be of interest, but at this point UCONN may be viewed as a lateral move for him.

Would be a lateral on the field, but he'd likely make 2x more money at UConn. That said, I think he'd have to be sold on coming to UConn (Note: In addition to Ohio, was also a coach at Navy and Texas A&M, so not entirely a west coast guy).

With the right ACs, could be exactly the HC UConn needs to get back on track. I hope Warde gives him a serious look...

Reaction Score
Great coach! But no northeast ties.
***********************************************************************************************

Yeah, P's got Northeast ties how's that working out? :(

Reaction Score
Watching this game I can't help but wonder if the West Coast wing of the AAC would have held together if they added Fresno. Fresno is impressive.

Reaction Score
Great find. Regardless of whether he would be a serious candidate (and he should be) this illustrates the plusses-minuses when UConn goes shopping.

The big plus is he would get a 100 percent raise if he came here (based on Ps salary). There aren't that many 1.5-million-plus coaching jobs out there, which they self-loathers (who can we get to come here who's good?) forget. And let's face it, to get a good coach, you're going to have to start by paying him more than Geno. The uninformed CT ninnies (editorial boards, etc) may find that wrong, but I'd bet even Geno and Kevin O. get it because football is driving the bus.

The big minus is, as said above, Fresno to UConn right now at best is perceived as a semi-lateral move. Throw out Texas and USC, and that leaves Iowa, Kansas and maybe Wake Forest and whatever other P5 program that will be looking for a coach; that's the level UConn should/could compete at. They will almost need to recruit a young coach as hard as a player. Wouldn't hurt to get JC/Geno involved to help close the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom