Tidbits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tidbits

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I had a really exhausting day yesterday. Happens a lot at my age. So I took a nap after supper last night to be sure I'd be wide awake for the SDSU game. Woke up at 7:30, turned on the TV and after a dozen "Where TF is the UConn game?"s eventually I realized that it was Wednesday.

Reaction Score
I'm a n00b to the Boneyard, but figured I should make my first post a good one. Random tidbit is my family met a very large man this past Sunday!
View attachment 98347
Tidbit- the little bald guy in the back is the son of an extremely famous bowler.

bill-murray-kingpin.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tidbit(s) -
I went behind enemy lines and watched the BigEast tournament Championship game from the Marquette bench among the staff families.

I was close enough that I was planning on giving them all hell all game long while guiding my huskies to a title. I talk as much and as harsh as Cam Spencer does during a normal game.

m2.jpg

But then something unusual and unexpected happened. Adub (like the Grinch) had his cold, black heart melted by the coaches families. I was sitting amongst 5 Marquette Children between the ages of 1-6

These two here below spent the whole game turned around like this and were asking me questions. Their first question was "Why are you rooting for the enemy? Boo Providence" - Obviously they were still thinking it was the semifinal opponent. Who can blame real young kids who are part of the program and in New York City for multiple days from getting confused. Their mothers told them to leave me alone, but I replied "Hey I agree with them! Boo Providence!" They laughed and I assured them that I have no problems with their kids. They are fine.

m3.jpg

To be continued........... (Yeah @businesslawyer , here is another story I may not finish!

August_West

Reaction Score
Continued........................So I spent the rest of the game entertaining these kids while in between rooting our huskies on to victory. They were sharing their pretzels and candy with me. I think the mothers at one point overheard my dad and I talking how we liked the tournament lapel pins the coaches of both teams were wearing all tournament. At the end of the game all the families were all getting their stuff together and obviously they were disappointed in the loss. The little girl with the lollipop came up to me and handed me this (pic below) , I said, "oh no I can't take that! That is a special pin. Thank you though, that was really nice of you to offer" and then her mother came up behind her and said "no. we all wanted you to have that. Thank you, and Congratulations on the Championship"

tb.jpg

After I received that, I was then admitted to the floor for the Championship celebration where I got to talk to Yousoff about our mutual love of Cam ;-)

m6.jpg

Coach Hurley is absolutely right about the Marquette Program and fans. Great people, great organization, classy as hell. They are probably our biggest on court rival in the league, but I will never hate them.

I've been carrying around this pin in my pocket ever since that night, and it is staying there until we hoist trophy #6.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zack Edey = Ted Cassidy no need to play basket ball Hollywood is his best bet ".Guns or knives Butch" time for a remake .

Reaction Score
Tip off time for me is 00:39 - and my wife wants to plan a day in the city with the kids tomorrow.

August_West

Reaction Score
Who’s not annoyed when they’re at work?
Try working in IT for last 25 years. Where 25 years after the whole business world "became connected" that the users of technology actually know LESS than the users 25 years ago. I mean how am I coming across people in their 20's and 30's who grew up in the tech era not understand how to open an office program? I'm perpetually annoyed but it works for me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Worked at The Hartford during two summers in college, running the big Xerox 9700 printers that cranked out policies and auto insurance cards etc. It was a fun crew + me the college kid. The oldest was one Bob Camby, father of the recipient of Calipari's first huge bag of cash. Bob was a huge UConn basketball fan. He also tended to take long naps in the bathroom stalls. I guess he couldn't convince Marcus to forego the money and come to Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom