Three questions, just getting back | The Boneyard

Three questions, just getting back

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Was Polley out of bounds when they took away a made three

Did Cole even touch Nova when they got a plus one with 12 seconds left in the 1st half

Did Cole charge when they took away two points to end the half

It looked to me like they took away 5 points and gave away 1, but I didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Was Polley out of bounds when they took away a made three

Did Cole even touch Nova when they got a plus one with 12 seconds left in the 1st half

Did Cole charge when they took away two points to end the half

It looked to me like they took away 5 points and gave away 1, but I didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay
For #1 - I didn’t See it but I saw mixed comments on twitter. Here’s @Storrs South

#2 - from what I saw and remember it was a foul when they got the and one

#3 - it didn’t look like a charge

Reaction Score
There wasn't a ton of contact on the Cole foul so it was a weak call, but there was contact so it was a fine call

Reaction Score
For #1 - I didn’t See it but I saw mixed comments on twitter. Here’s @Storrs South

#2 - from what I saw and remember it was a foul when they got the and one

#3 - it didn’t look like a charge

1 was a close call, and they didn’t really show a good replay.
2 it was a foul. If not it evened out when Martin got foulded later and the replay clearly showed the Villanova player never touched him. Unless it is a real mugging, it is hard to second guess those calls.
3 I thought it could have been called either way honestly. Cole was not in control. The defender was getting set but you could argue he wasn’t.

Over the course of a game these calls kind of even out. They don’t need replays or challenges. They need to keep the game moving.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1 was a close call, and they didn’t really show a good replay.
2 it was a foul. If not it evened out when Martin got foulded later and the replay clearly showed the Villanova player never touched him. Unless it is a real mugging, it is hard to second guess those calls.
3 I thought it could have been called either way honestly. Cole was not in control. The defender was getting set but you could argue he wasn’t.

Over the course of a game these calls kind of even out. They don’t need replays or challenges. They need to keep the game moving.
The Polley out of bounds call and Cole charge call we’re momentum changing. We shot more more free throws by the end of the game and we missed 5 compared to their one.

Edit: we were in the bonus very early in the second half and didn’t capitalize

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Real time, I didn't think Cole charged. But rewatching a couple times, it was definitely a good call. The angle and contact were surprisingly similar to the charge that Cole drew on Gillespie to preserve out regular season win over them.

They never showed an angle that Polley's feet were not obscured by the crowd, but it sure didn't look like he was even very close to the line from the TV camera's vantage point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rewatch the Cole charge again with the second TV angle. The defender has one foot firmly planted in the restricted area as Cole jumps. After Cole is airborne, the defender steps forward into Cole. Looked like a clear blocking foul to me.

Reaction Score
Rewatch the Cole charge again with the second TV angle. The defender has one foot firmly planted in the restricted area as Cole jumps. After Cole is airborne, the defender steps forward into Cole. Looked like a clear blocking foul to me.
This. 100%

Reaction Score
And if VA WildcatFan watched it it was a clear charge. I really thought it was one of those 50-50 calls. At Gampel it’s a blocking foul. In Philly it’s a charge. In MSG, they got the call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom