Three pointers | The Boneyard

Three pointers

Reaction Score
We were actually worse. The stats operators miscounted three 3s in the final minute for some reason (I went back and watched because I was confused why the total of our futility was not going up as we kept missing... omitted 1 shot entirely, called 2 were clearly 3s as just "jumpers" not "3 point jumpers").

Also missed all three of the 3s that we were fouled while attempting.

So of the 3 point shots that could have counted, we went 3/27, 11%. We were expected to make 3x that many.

Just taking the 24 non-fouled attempts, hitting our season average (including todays stats in there) we should've had 15 more points (minus some oreb pts). On a below average shooting day we score about 12 more. On a bad shooting day we score 9 more points. We had an abominable shooting day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t know what happened last night but Hawkins is about a 40% shooter usually. Bet he does a lot of shooting before his next game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We couldn’t even find the rim in the first half.

Orc

Reaction Score
We already have Hawkins, we have Karaban coming next year and possibly GG the year after. The shooting is going to get better eventually.
Hawkins isstreaky. Not sold on him being a great 3 point shooter. Shooting should improve when we have karaban, Griffith and maybe ducharme

Reaction Score
Hawkins isstreaky. Not sold on him being a great 3 point shooter. Shooting should improve when we have karaban, Griffith and maybe ducharme

I have seen quite a few posts from you recently, and none of them strike me as coming from a person who understands a lick of basketball. Hawkins is a great 3 point shooter. Get over it.

Ducharme is not yet. Have you ever actually watched him play?

Karaban and Griffiths can both shoot. Will they both have bad games in college? Yes, yes they will. It's what freshmen do.

Reaction Score
They had open shots. Maybe the environment got to them

Reaction Score
They weren't just misses.....there were multiple airballs and bricks with no chance of getting a friendly roll. It was a full team breakdown in poor shooting with the exception of Jackson's 1-1 performance. Most were open 3's based on decent ball movement. Villanova has the same experience in the 1st half against Syracuse, but got back on track. UConn just couldn't make it happen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They weren't just misses.....there were multiple airballs and bricks with no chance of getting a friendly roll. It was a full team breakdown in poor shooting with the exception of Jackson's 1-1 performance. Most were open 3's based on decent ball movement. Villanova has the same experience in the 1st half against Syracuse, but got back on track. UConn just couldn't make it happen.
And he was hesitant to take it.

Reaction Score
And he was hesitant to take it.
That moment was pretty interesting. You could tell the defender was instructed to ignore Jackson outside the arc. Maybe I made it up in my mind, but I swear I remember him looking at the coach like, "Are you sure you want me to leave him this open?" Jackson, for his part, was like, "Come on, man! Don't make me shoot it... Well, here goes nothing!"

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I think AJ should take more to be honest, not sure what his % is but the last few games I think it’s been pretty good? I’d rather he put up the ball than turn it over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom