Those of u that follow football, how's it looking? | The Boneyard

Those of u that follow football, how's it looking?

Reaction Score
I watched some of Saturday's game. Offense looked crisper than I remember, is that a fair assessment.

Defense has looked bend but don't break in this game and Temple (playing way off, like crazy way off). I saw the final few plays and saw WRs get behind the UConn corners inexplicably. Was kinda concerned about that. It didn't look like any help over the top either? Really weird.

I'm hopeful for the best since it's so important to the bball program moving up. I like the Lashlee hire but admittedly don't know enough. I'm kind of ambivalent on Edsall. I would always rather hire a young hungry offensive minded coach and lose him in 3-4 years like UCF did with Frost.

Also, is recruiting going better?

Interested to hear some opinions on how it's going as I haven't seen enough to gauge the progress so far.

Reaction Score
Recruiting = Seems better than Diaco for sure.
Defense = Work in progress at best. Might get worse before it gets better with what we graduate. Some talent, and I believe in Crocker, but it's very ugly very often. Played very well for 55 minutes on Saturday which was nice.
Offense = Way too good. Most dynamic offense we've had in a long, long time. Wide receiver core is young and talented. Unfortunately we'll lose Lashlee before we ever think about competing for something.
Special Teams = Nice to be returning kicks, haven't given up any big returns, but the kicking/punting games could be better.
Overall = 3-4, with wins against probably 3 of the worst teams on our schedule with a pretty solid effort against the 4th worst. I was expecting 4 wins with 5 as a ceiling, and I think we'll have a solid chance to make that happen. We're competing in most games, and usually decently exciting to watch. Ultimately, it's been a good season so far, let's keep it going.

Reaction Score
If you're looking at rest of season, there are 5 games left:

Missouri
South Florida
Central Florida
Boston College
Cincinnati

Of those 5 games, they have a legitimate shot to win 3 of them (Missouri, BC, Cincy) and the other 2 would be very surprising given they are top 25 ranked nationally (USF/UCF). They probably have a better shot of beating USF since it's at home and it's going to be cold.

As @KSC94 noted, they already won 3 games and likely will finish at 4 or 5 wins. Tragic considering they should have beaten ECU at home, the worst team in the conference and could have been set for a bowl appearance. Regardless, 4 or 5 wins after everything that's happened with all young talent on offense (Hopkins, Mensah, Mayala, Skanes, Van Der Marck, Peart) and defense (Swann, Watkins, Coyle) I'm pretty optimistic for next season.

One thing I don't think any of us expected is it will be hard to replace Sherriffs in 2018. He's setting the bar very high with efficient passing percentages every game and high yardage totals. In addition, he has slowly improved on ball security and the turnovers after the disaster at UVA. Pindell/Washington/McAffee have their work cut out for them next year.

Reaction Score
Put it this way. There has been more progress with the program in the first 7 games of the RE 2.0 era than the past 7 years of the stupid twins and wacky Bob combined.

They are certainly headed in the right direction. More bumps to come but the future looks bright.

Reaction Score
I watched some of Saturday's game. Offense looked crisper than I remember, is that a fair assessment.

Defense has looked bend but don't break in this game and Temple (playing way off, like crazy way off). I saw the final few plays and saw WRs get behind the UConn corners inexplicably. Was kinda concerned about that. It didn't look like any help over the top either? Really weird.

I'm hopeful for the best since it's so important to the bball program moving up. I like the Lashlee hire but admittedly don't know enough. I'm kind of ambivalent on Edsall. I would always rather hire a young hungry offensive minded coach and lose him in 3-4 years like UCF did with Frost.

Also, is recruiting going better?

Interested to hear some opinions on how it's going as I haven't seen enough to gauge the progress so far.
Get your damn butt over to the football board NOW!! :D Head bang

Reaction Score
Anyone have an update on our soccer team?
Currently 7-5-2. Did okay in the out of conference with a hard schedule, but have been hot since starting conference play up until they lost a heartbreaker this past weekend to UCF. Could maybe get an at-large if they win out the regular season and make the final of the AAC tournament, but likely will have to win it for a birth.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hmm crisper, yes much crispier.

Reaction Score
No offense, but I do not think Uconn is beating a BC team that crushed Virginia (who in turn creamed Uconn) and had a very (ugh) respectable showing against VTech before losing 20-10.

I also do not think Uconn will compare, at all, to the level of competition Mizzou has faced and will likely lose by about 10 points, at least. Both are bad teams slowly getting better, Mizzou just is a bad team that has faced much better teams

I think Cincy is the last shot to win something. Otherwise, Uconn can only hope to grow in the other 4 games (loses) they are likely to experience, keeping it competitive for confidence reasons.

Just trying to be realistic. Uconn really wishes they had that ECU game back, which along with a Cincy win would at least equal 5-7 by seasons end, respectable considering last year. They did great vs equal competition in beating Temple and Tulsa and probably wish they could trade one of the harder games for Tulane to snatch another win. Oh well, looking like 4-8 is likely, MAYBE 5-7 if they can get BC or Mizzou but can not imagine both as wins.

Reaction Score
No offense, but I do not think Uconn is beating a BC team that crushed Virginia (who in turn creamed Uconn) and had a very (ugh) respectable showing against VTech before losing 20-10.

I also do not think Uconn will compare, at all, to the level of competition Mizzou has faced and will likely lose by about 10 points, at least. Both are bad teams slowly getting better, Mizzou just is a bad team that has faced much better teams

I think Cincy is the last shot to win something. Otherwise, Uconn can only hope to grow in the other 4 games (loses) they are likely to experience, keeping it competitive for confidence reasons.

Just trying to be realistic. Uconn really wishes they had that ECU game back, which along with a Cincy win would at least equal 5-7 by seasons end, respectable considering last year. They did great vs equal competition in beating Temple and Tulsa and probably wish they could trade one of the harder games for Tulane to snatch another win. Oh well, looking like 4-8 is likely, MAYBE 5-7 if they can get BC or Mizzou but can not imagine both as wins.

No Offense, (Precedes to say offensive, belittling and disparaging things about UConn for 4 paragraphs)

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
IMG_3209.JPG

Reaction Score
If you're looking at rest of season, there are 5 games left:

Missouri
South Florida
Central Florida
Boston College
Cincinnati

Of those 5 games, they have a legitimate shot to win 3 of them (Missouri, BC, Cincy) and the other 2 would be very surprising given they are top 25 ranked nationally (USF/UCF). They probably have a better shot of beating USF since it's at home and it's going to be cold.

As @KSC94 noted, they already won 3 games and likely will finish at 4 or 5 wins. Tragic considering they should have beaten ECU at home, the worst team in the conference and could have been set for a bowl appearance. Regardless, 4 or 5 wins after everything that's happened with all young talent on offense (Hopkins, Mensah, Mayala, Skanes, Van Der Marck, Peart) and defense (Swann, Watkins, Coyle) I'm pretty optimistic for next season.

One thing I don't think any of us expected is it will be hard to replace Sherriffs in 2018. He's setting the bar very high with efficient passing percentages every game and high yardage totals. In addition, he has slowly improved on ball security and the turnovers after the disaster at UVA. Pindell/Washington/McAffee have their work cut out for them next year.
Almost a 2 TD underdog to Mizzu and I cannot see them beating BC, BC is actually decent. So I would expect a 1-4 finish, maybe 2-3.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Really sluggish start but once they got it going it was a great game.

They really need Kendricks. The loss of Hicks and Peters really hurts..

My only fear is the continuos injuries every
Week. When does it end? And every other team is going through it also. SMH. They'll trade and get an O-linemen and maybe a line backer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
6 point dogs to Tulsa, won.
10 point dogs to Temple on the road, won.

We're 11 point dogs to Mizzou at home, at night, which usually brings the best out of the team.

It would be an upset, but not a shocking one.

What's our paintball team looking like this year?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Making the case to explore conference alternatives tonight. When they are bad, they are unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Positives: I always get drunk when I watch the huskies play football.

Negatives: I feel like an alcoholic who has to drink his problems away when I watch the team.

I’d call it a wash.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Zombies would have played better d than UConns d! At least as the arms fall off the Mizzou players would have tripped.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom