This will COST LSU WBB the championship! | The Boneyard

This will COST LSU WBB the championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sleep Yawn GIF

Reaction Score
This has been posted before. Whoever is behind this channel has an axe to grind with LSU based on the tone. Haven't found many of their videos that insightful regardless of the topic.

Reaction Score
LSU is robbing their fans. They should at least have scheduled somebody with a pulse early enough to have a championship hoopla celebration.

The fans wont get to see a half decent opponent until conference play begins. That's no way to build a fanbase.
That's a separate discussion entirely but as many have noted in other threads, this is Mulkey's way of doing things. For as much as we all would like to see this change, I don't see that happening.

Reaction Score
That's no way to build a fanbase.
Mulkey's scheduling has been utter trash for years but she certainly knows how to build a fanbase to her own program regardless and LSU's media growth has been something else since her arrival. Its actually out drawn Baylor's in just two short years granted Baylor is a significantly smaller private school in Waco.

FulaUsxaUAAYwZg

But playing so many 300+ teams doesn't grow the sport IMO. Mulkey has more than earned the benefit of the doubt she will produce excellent teams regardless of they play or don't play but its not a great look for the sport seeing a team annihilate a inferior opponent by 60-70 points every week. People want to see a team with Hailey Van Lith, Reese, Morrow, Flaujae and that #1 class get challenged vs other talented teams. I don't understand assembling this much talent and not even attempt to play anyone outside of two teams (Coloardo/VT). No one wants to see LSU beat up on Miss Valley St caliber teams every week. LSU's C team would beat those teams by 30+ points so it does nothing for anyone. You can schedule weak teams but still play a decent midmajor/P5 caliber teams. At least that would be more productive...

But we are beating a dead horse here. That said the last two schedules at LSU IMO have been an embarrassment relative to what Kim scheduled at Baylor (which wasn't great either).

Reaction Score
That's a separate discussion entirely but as many have noted in other threads, this is Mulkey's way of doing things. For as much as we all would like to see this change, I don't see that happening.
Yeah, but not threadworthy on its own.

200w.gif

Reaction Score
And perhaps the fans prefer watching 150-40 beat downs of overmatched opponents.

Reaction Score
And perhaps the fans prefer watching 150-40 beat downs of overmatched opponents.
If you've taken my reply to being in defense of Mulkey's approach, you're mistaken. It's a topic that has been discussed annually even though nothing has or will ever change. Mulkey hasn't changed for a fanbase her entire career. Why would that happen now?

Reaction Score
I hate it. But expected it. Most LSU fans are not even in an uproar about it and possibly won't be because simply they are focused on football. They most likely wasn't gonna fill any seats during the non conference. Cept for only one game.

I wanted to see a better schedule. I really was counting on the Cayman Islands to bless us with UCLA tbh. I knew uconn wasn't playing us. So I wanted the next best.

Reaction Score
LSU is robbing their fans. They should at least have scheduled somebody with a pulse early enough to have a championship hoopla celebration.

The fans wont get to see a half decent opponent until conference play begins. That's no way to build a fanbase.
Hum.... Seems to be working pretty good.

"There was naturally a lot of excitement around the team as the Tigers made their run to a title, and that translated in terms of attendance. LSU ranked fifth nationally in terms of total attendance this past season with 148,468.

Only South Carolina, Iowa, UConn and Tennessee had more.

When you look at average attendance, the Tigers sit just outside the top five at No. 6 with 8,733 per game."

Reaction Score
If you've taken my reply to being in defense of Mulkey's approach, you're mistaken. It's a topic that has been discussed annually even though nothing has or will ever change. Mulkey hasn't changed for a fanbase her entire career. Why would that happen now?
Didn’t take it that way. Agree with you 100% Mulkey has no motivation to change her scheduling approach. Elsewhere I suggested if the ncaa tournament selection committee dinged LSU‘s weak schedule by seeding the team 5th or worse she might schedule more ranked teams because a 5 seed or lower would cost LSU hosting rounds 1&2. But that would take a major change to how seeds get assigned and I don’t envision that ever happening. Then again I wonder what would happen if low ranked teams went into Baton Rouge and pulled an upset? One can only imagine….

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Didn’t take it that way. Agree with you 100% Mulkey has no motivation to change her scheduling approach. Elsewhere I suggested if the ncaa tournament selection committee dinged LSU‘s weak schedule by seeding the team 5th or worse she might schedule more ranked teams because a 5 seed or lower would cost LSU hosting rounds 1&2. But that would take a major change to how seeds get assigned and I don’t envision that ever happening. Then again I wonder what would happen if low ranked teams went into Baton Rouge and pulled an upset? One can only imagine….
I would be disappointed if I was an LSU fan. I'm not.

It is her right as everyone seems to agree that she can prepare her team as she wishes. So long as she wins the games, and wins against the better competition, she will get (and deserve) a top 4 seed. If she goes crazy winning in the pre-conference and then doesn't do so well in-conference, that would affect the seeding.

Until they make a rule limiting the conferences you can play in the "pre-season", there will be this. As I say, if I was a fan of the team I wouldn't like it, but otherwise, well, you do what you have to do. I'm disappointed a bit in Arizona's schedule, but it is still better than it was and I think will get better going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom