This is what will happen to Oregon | The Boneyard

This is what will happen to Oregon

Reaction Score
I'm thinking something more like this...

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
80 for 80: Everything you need to know about PK80

Nice front page article on the PK 80 tournament on ESPN this morning...you'll need to scroll wayyyyy down to even find a mention of UConn being involved in the tournament. That's where we are folks. Don't get drunk on the 3 wins we got so far this year against nobodies. UConn will continue to be irrelevant if they don't make splashes in the these pre-season tournaments.

Reaction Score

Nice front page article on the PK 80 tournament on ESPN this morning...you'll need to scroll wayyyyy down to even find a mention of UConn being involved in the tournament. That's where we are folks. Don't get drunk on the 3 wins we got so far this year against nobodies. UConn will continue to be irrelevant if they don't make splashes in the these pre-season tournaments.

Yep no chance of anything for UConn again if they can't win it all this holiday weekend many of you should just stop watching and move onto the college football playoffs.! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well, they still have a chance to make a splash against Zona or Nova if things do not pan out this week. Or, even vs WSU or Cincy in conference. I feel like Uconn has more chances compared to last year. I also think they nail it a few times. Just not sure if this is one of those times or not.

Reaction Score

The only positive on that article was the idea that TL may be the biggest surprise of our bracket. If you scroll down to the article below, it talks about the top 100 prospects playing. JA, TL, AG all got "honorable mention"...aka not top 100 prospects from the 16 teams. I get there are some big top recruits playing this week in Portland, but that stings. Hopefully hurts the players as much as the fans.

Reaction Score
Yep no chance of anything for UConn again if they can't win it all this holiday weekend many of you should just stop watching and move onto the college football playoffs.! :rolleyes:

Finishing middle of the pack in AAC with regularity has us on par with DePaul as far as hype entering one of the biggest pre-season tournaments ever. They need to perform tomorrow or the slide of our brand continues. Knockout the host and you raise some eyebrows and get a shot at MSU. Bow out round 1 and you get a matchup with a bottom of the barrel NBE team. Tomorrow is big I can't emphasize it enough for the course our season takes.

Reaction Score

42. Kevin Ollie led Connecticut to the 2014 national championship, but the Huskies have missed back-to-back NCAA tournaments. He needs quality wins in Portland to help him erase the past two years.

Well when you print negative false things to prove your point that makes it worse.

Probably not going to happen but a Kemba Walker like run to the Maui Invitational Championship in this tournament would be really sweet.

Reaction Score
Article seems personal. First, it’s not accurate. Second, despite the fact Connecticut has fallen off the face of the earth and has become a bit of an embarrassment past few years, we are still considered historically one of the elite programs of modern history. To exclude mention of us seems idiotic at best. Not to mention the Wichita State reference and other schools that got more ink than us, that aren’t even playing in this tournament

Reaction Score
42. Kevin Ollie led Connecticut to the 2014 national championship, but the Huskies have missed back-to-back NCAA tournaments. He needs quality wins in Portland to help him erase the past two years.

Well when you print negative false things to prove your point that makes it worse.

Probably not going to happen but a Kemba Walker like run to the Maui Invitational Championship in this tournament would be really sweet.
They fixed it. Kind of. Who writes these things?

42. Kevin Ollie led Connecticut to the 2014 national championship, but the Huskies have missed two of the past three NCAA tournaments. He needs quality wins in Portland to help him erase the past two years.

Might as well say 2 of the past 4 NCAA Tournaments and won the whole thing one of those 2 times. Not saying we've been doing great, but I think 90% of the P5 schools would kill for that 4 year NCAA Tournament record. Calhoun set the bar pretty high and now we just need to get back to that more consistent level.

Reaction Score
It's a long season. Anyone remember who won which early season tournaments in 1999, 2004, 2011 or 2014. Get better, get to the tournament and then get it on.
We won in 2014 when Jay Bilas picked against us 6 straight times, 64 monkeys guessing would have beat his picking 63 times and tied the other. If UConn couldn't get respect in the middle of one of the best (i.e. beating all good teams) runs in NCAA history what makes anyone think will get any after a down year.

Reaction Score
I always pick MY March Madness in CBB by who has the best backcourt and leadership.

With Pritchard essentially facing Jalen Adams, Alterique, Antwoine Anderson and Christian ... there has to be a way to make these ducks quack up the turnovers. Adams needs to play from 19:59 forward in the first half ... and maximize his effort.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As Ryan once said - Let's leave them with a bad taste of Uconn in their mouth!

Reaction Score
I always pick MY March Madness in CBB by who has the best backcourt and leadership.

With Pritchard essentially facing Jalen Adams, Alterique, Antwoine Anderson and Christian ... there has to be a way to make these ducks quack up the turnovers. Adams needs to play from 19:59 forward in the first half ... and maximize his effort.
This isn't a scientific observation, but it seems to me that Jalen is at his best when his back is up against the wall. I am hoping he plays with that sense of urgency from the tip. I am hoping a few of our newcomers steps up as an x factor and that Terry stays on the floor and plays to his full potential. I remember that in 2010 I was convinced Kentucky was going to smoke us in Maui and we know how that turned out. We have talent. We have a coach that is capable of pulling it together for big games. This is a big game for this team, for this season and for the program. I think we have a real chance to pull out the upset. Remember, it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We were a poop show at the start of Maui last year. I feel a bit better about this group

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom