This is not the team Hurley envisioned.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This is not the team Hurley envisioned..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I always figured he wanted to limit possessions because there's a lid on the basket for this team so often. When our complimentary guys are making shots I'd love to see an up and down game against a team like Alabama but when we're struggling to make shots that sort of game gets ugly with the quickness. Your best bet is to limit the number of possessions. I don't think there's anything about Cole and Gaffney specifically that prevents this team from running.

I didn't watch enough of Hurley's Rhode Island teams to know the answer, but I never got the sense he was fundamentally averse to running. I certainly hope that's not the case. And I would be concerned about certain guys if it was.

He said we don't score and shoot well enough to win games in the 70s. I think he's wrong about that. We don't score or shoot well enough to win low scoring games. I think the results back that up. Our shooting percentage seems to be much worse in the slow pace games because our half court offense is so challenged.

Reaction Score
All things considered, I think this team outperformed all expectations. They were picked to finish 5th in the conference and were a couple made free throws from possibly winning the Big East regular season. They had injuries throughout the year that hurt, but they definitely has a successful season.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the team Hurley envisioned wouldn’t have helped us down the stretch. Yeah, it would have been nice to have Akok. A full season of Bouk & AJ probably would have improved our seed. But our last 2 games we scored a total of 110 points combined.

Watching every other team that has been successful this tournament has me a little concerned with Hurley’s vision for this team if it doesn’t include more efficient 3 point shooters ASAP.

I still believe defense wins championships, but we also need at minimum a semi-competent offense to give us 70 per game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom