THIS is how Gibbs should be used | The Boneyard

THIS is how Gibbs should be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hamilton and Gibbs will benefit most from Adams running the point.

Reaction Score
Hamilton and Gibbs will benefit most from Adams running the point.
Neither are very good at shaking a man and creating space for themselves; they need open space in front of them for a shot or a lane. That requires them to be off the ball.

Reaction Score
Agreed with all. I would like to see Gibbs be put in a position to take more open shots. He can hit them if given the ball in the right spots.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
1st half performance by JA had me wondering BUT still would rather have him with the ball than SG
Don't see how JA couldn't come out with more energy
the 2nd half for JA was better but at the time he began to penetrate, the game was basically over
Need much more from JA in the 1st half vs Houston

Reaction Score
Amazing because the board has known this for 20 of those 28 games.
Let's not get carried away. JA has played well in about 9 games this season. If we started him continuously since early in the season we would be on the outside looking in at the tournament. I'm very happy with the progress he has made and think he's the clear cut starting PG at this point, but he was not impressive in the 1H of the season.

Reaction Score
Agree that Adams should be running the show. At this point, who should be the back-up PG to provide Adams with a breather or if Adams gets in foul trouble? Gibbs? Purvis?

Reaction Score
let him spot up, let Jalen run the point. Can't believe it took 28 games to figure it out.​
Yes, I stated this in the beginning of the week.

Jalen point running off the pick and rolls with shooters on the baseline.

Go small with Hamilton at the 4, which they did a lot last night.

Happy to see Ollie is taking my advice.

Nice work.

Reaction Score
If the board were coaching this team the players would have beat the christ out of the coaching staff at the first practice.
I think we should make a coaching line-up. Head coach? Assistant? Big man coach?

Reaction Score
The idea that KO is just now figuring our we are at our best with JA at PG is just pure crazy talk. The kid is a true freshman and i'm sure he was not ready to run a team up to KO's standards from the start of the year. Hence him starting on the bench at the beginning of the year.

KO developed JA to the point he was ready to let him start being the main ball handler but JA then went and had some disciplinary issues during halftime of the Temple game. KO was then forced to teach the freshman a lesson and make sure he knew there is a right and wrong way to conduct yourself. Even though it hurt the team KO needed to be strong here and make sure everyone understands that nobody is bigger than the program. Now that JA has done his punishment hopefully going forward we can see what this team can really do.

Reaction Score
Screw you guys I love watching Purv and Gibbs run blindly into the paint and flail layups 25 feet into the air while falling and then look around for a foul call while the other team fast breaks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Adams is our best point guard right now. Earlier he wasn't. It's pretty common sense. I think Ollie may have made the adjustment a hair too slowly, but then Adams had some issue we don't know about and I don't think we can really second guess that.

Watching him now, I am very excited to see what he can become. Certainly the best passing/creating point since Marcus Williams. Ceiling is clearly higher than that because he's so much more athletic than Williams was. Watching him create easy dunks for Enoch and Facey back to back last night was eye opening.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Adams is our best point guard right now. Earlier he wasn't. It's pretty common sense. I think Ollie may have made the adjustment a hair too slowly, but then Adams had some issue we don't know about and I don't think we can really second guess that.

Watching him now, I am very excited to see what he can become. Certainly the best passing/creating point since Marcus Williams. Ceiling is clearly higher than that because he's so much more athletic than Williams was. Watching him create easy dunks for Enoch and Facey back to back last night was eye opening.

The best passing/creating point since Marcus? He's not even our best passing/creating point from Roxbury, MA.

Reaction Score
Yes I was thinking the same thing last night. We finally found our point guard in JA and I think Sterling is finally figuring out his role. He's a spot up shooter, that's it. If he hits 4-5 shots every game, I'd be very happy.

Reaction Score
Yes I was thinking the same thing last night. We finally found our point guard in JA and I think Sterling is finally figuring out his role. He's a spot up shooter, that's it. If he hits 4-5 shots every game, I'd be very happy.

Not really, if he gets 7-9 shots a game from spot up 3's I'd be happier. Don't drive just get open for JA to find you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom