They Wanted Her Back Home | The Boneyard

They Wanted Her Back Home

Reaction Score
Curios if the Boneyard received a complimentary suite Paige bought, like she did for some of her old AAU/Teammates (@1:17min mark)? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
While Husky Nation loves Paige, I’m not sure all the attention on her is fair to the other young women in the Final Four. Paige has played all of 15 games this season.
Too late to get the genie back in the bottle.
It’s game day and a morning spent enduring the media hype is over for this veteran ! Enough already. Let’s toss it up and play.

Rest of day itinerary ? Wash car, buy gas, read about post-Roman Britain, and visit hospitalized friend…who will not get better unless she agrees to watch the game !

sun

Reaction Score
The Minnesota Twins players made this Facebook video wishing "good luck to all of those competing in the WFinalFour this weekend!"

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
While Husky Nation loves Paige, I’m not sure all the attention on her is fair to the other young women in the Final Four. Paige has played all of 15 games this season.

I'll let you know if it is fair after tonight's game.

Reaction Score
WBB is looking for a savior at the expense of our TEAM. We have been a team this season that has been more than Paige. #WeWin

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'll let you know if it is fair after tonight's game.
I’m just saying that Aliyah Boston just swept all the National POY awards but people are talking about Paige. I love Paige and think if she’d been healthy she might have swept but she didn’t. Boston deserves some love, too.

Reaction Score
I’m just saying that Aliyah Boston just swept all the National POY awards but people are talking about Paige. I love Paige and think if she’d been healthy she might have swept but she didn’t. Boston deserves some love, too.
If UConn doesn’t win it all, then I want SC to win purely because I’ve become a big fan of Boston. Her interviews are always fun to watch and she seems like a genuinely good person. Hard to wish losing on someone like her (unless it’s to UConn :p).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Big time sports have never distributed attention according to some fairness index. The star always garners the most attention. A couple of nights ago Paige demonstrated on a national stage that she's still the best player in the game, so of course so much of the buzz centers on her.

Reaction Score
yes
i always cringe when the media is interviewing the seniors and they start asking Paige questions. Its to their credit that they seem to harbor no resentment

Reaction Score
How many other women from the 4 Final Four teams are from Minnesota? I don't know but just asking. Obviously that along with Paige's performance in overtime would explain the perceived unfair attention. Paige shares credit with her teammates in any interview that I have seen.

Reaction Score
I suspect the reason for the intense Paige hype is because of where the Final Four is. Paige is a hometown girl coming home.

In general, I hate the intense focus on only a few players every year. There are so many outstanding players, and it would be nice to get to now them rather than the same stories all season about a few players.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
How many other women from the 4 Final Four teams are from Minnesota? I don't know but just asking. Obviously that along with Paige's performance in overtime would explain the perceived unfair attention. Paige shares credit with her teammates in any interview that I have seen.
Paige is the only player from Minnesota in the FF. And, to kill some time waiting for my Friday afternoon to die, I went ahead and made a list of which states/territories/countries are represented.

Home State Representation in the FF:
Arkansas
California (x8)
Colorado (x3)
Florida (x2)
Georgia (x6)
Illinois
Kansas
Kentucky
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
New Hampshire
New York (x3)
North Carolina (x3)
Ohio (x3)
Oregon (x2)
South Carolina (x2)
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington (x4)
US Virgin Islands

International Representation:
Australia
Brazil
Ontario, Canada (x4)
Croatia
Greece
Hungary
Japan

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wonder how the golfers who are about to tee it up at the Masters next week feel about all the attention that Tiger Woods is getting on the possibility that he might just participate in the tournament 13 months after nearly losing his life in a terrible car accident.

Paige’s return back home to MN from a terrible injury to lead her team to another FF is a story for the ages. Just like Tiger at the Masters, it is what people want to see, hear and talk about.

The other thing about Paige’s triumphant return to MN is that, much like Tiger in golf, it raises the general appeal of WBB to potentially millions of new fans. Surely, that is a good thing for all WBB players and coaches.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the golfers who are about to tee it up at the Masters next week feel about all the attention that Tiger Woods is getting on the possibility that he might just participate in the tournament 13 months after nearly losing his life in a terrible car accident.

Paige’s return back home to MN from a terrible injury to lead her team to another FF is a story for the ages. Just like Tiger at the Masters, it is what people want to see, hear and talk about.

The other thing about Paige’s triumphant return to MN is that, much like Tiger in golf, it raises the general appeal of WBB to potentially millions of new fans. Surely, that is a good thing for all WBB players and coaches.
Excellent point, Oldude yet, except for fan interest, there is absolutely nothing about Paige Bueckers that is remotely reminiscent of the self-absorbed Woods.

I expect to hear from Tiger's many fans but put the two on a barometer measuring class and they'd come out at extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.

Reaction Score

Medium cannot report all the players' activities in the FF. They need a "star" so they can concentrate to this star's story. Paige is perfect in this case.
-MN is her hometown.
-She was last year's all awards winner.
-She was injured and come back strong.
-She is the highest NIL college player.
-She is talent, sincere and has very warm heart.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Excellent point, Oldude yet, except for fan interest, there is absolutely nothing about Paige Bueckers that is remotely reminiscent of the self-absorbed Woods.

I expect to hear from Tiger's many fans but put the two on a barometer measuring class and they'd come out at extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.
I hear where you’re coming from. Call me crazy, but I do believe that adversity has made Tiger a better man.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Medium cannot report all the players' activities in the FF. They need a "star" so they can concentrate to this star's story. Paige is perfect in this case.
-MN is her hometown.
-She was last year's all awards winner.
-She was injured and come back strong.
-She is the highest NIL college player.
-She is talent, sincere and has very warm heart.
Your last point is the most important imo. I have never seen a superstar more inclined to use their notoriety to help others. It started last year in her wonderful Espy’s speech to acknowledge black women athletes. This year Paige has distributed a few thousand dollars worth of high-end basketball shoes to her teammates, set up a Big Dance charitable donation program, out of her pocket, to donate $1000/assist to underprivileged minority & indigenous people in MN and just signed another NIL deal with Chegg to combat food insecurity among students.

I hope Paige leads the Huskies to banner # 12, earns the tournament MOP and then gets to work on achieving World Peace in our lifetime.

Reaction Score
Hopefully she becomes resentful and it affects her play. Boston has been dead to me since she turned us down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom