They’re back… The Reload 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

They’re back… The Reload 2023

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I talked to Dave Benedict at the bowl game. He's not a big fan of the UConn spring game but I lobbied hard for one.
I understand his hesitancy. Our draw for the spring game is pretty bad. We could not even fill the soccer stadium last year. For the time being, though, we should continue it at the soccer stadium and see how things go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I talked to Dave Benedict at the bowl game. He's not a big fan of the UConn spring game but I lobbied hard for one.
I understand his hesitancy. Our draw for the spring game is pretty bad. We could not even fill the soccer stadium last year. For the time being, though, we should continue it at the soccer stadium and see how things go.

Put me down for controlled scrimmage at Shenkman and make it a fan fest day where you can tour the facilities, talk to players and coaches, stuff like that. Instead of Comin Con make it UConn Con. Maybe get a few fans in the position rooms with the coaches before the scrimmage to hear and see what the coaches are wanting to see, have some silly agility drills or stuff set up for fans to try out. Weather is always a crap shoot and player availability and health is always a crap shoot. Make it an event where the actual scrimmage isn't the highlight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Put me down for controlled scrimmage at Shenkman and make it a fan fest day where you can tour the facilities, talk to players and coaches, stuff like that. Instead of Comin Con make it UConn Con. Maybe get a few fans in the position rooms with the coaches before the scrimmage to hear and see what the coaches are wanting to see, have some silly agility drills or stuff set up for fans to try out. Weather is always a crap shoot and player availability and health is always a crap shoot. Make it an event where the actual scrimmage isn't the highlight.
This.

Rethink the event for the current level of fan support, and adapt as needed. Make the current lack of demand an advantage by allowing greater access.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Going to be Him's own DC again I reckon.
It's hard to argue with this strategy because it seemed to work well last year. The defense was a strength of the team.

I still wonder if being his own DC impacts his ability to spend time with the offense and special teams.

But...he knows best...and maybe he balanced out the value of using those DC dollars on other coaching positions was worth the trade off of doing the job himself.

Reaction Score
Interesting concept. May have to have injury waivers to sign for those drills in case Yarders forget how old they are. Practice at the Soccer field or this makes the most sense. No need to have a scrimmage at the Rent at this point in time.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
One thing that seems apparent....that's a young staff. It's great to see an experienced guy like Mora developing young coaching talent.

But...I am not surprised young coaches are attracted to working with Mora...he has a youthful attitude and energy for a guy in his 60s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom