There are 6 (!!!!) perfect brackets left (ESPN) | The Boneyard

There are 6 (!!!!) perfect brackets left (ESPN)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here are some visuals to look at while awaiting our next round matchup. You can also view the men's stats.
Of the 2,081,242 brackets submitted, 1,015,055 were felled by the Marquette loss, a whopping 48.8% !!

Chime in BY-ers. I am at a paltry 22 & 23 for the first round, and my BE loyalty will only allow 13 victors in 2nd round. Sadly, my mens' brackets are similar. Head bang :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here are some visuals to look at while awaiting our next round matchup. You can also view the men's stats.
Of the 2,081,242 brackets submitted, 1,015,055 were felled by the Marquette loss, a whopping 48.8% !!

Chime in BY-ers. I am at a paltry 22 & 23 for the first round, and my BE loyalty will only allow 13 victors in 2nd round. Sadly, my mens' brackets are similar. Head bang :D
I think we're going to see some mild upsets today and one major upset. I predict a dark horse will emerge today. :cool: A tip o' the turban to those 6 folks that still have a perfect bracket. I doubt all 6 will remain perfect after today.

Last edited:

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score

Which sounds about right for a #9 seed going up against a #8 seed. Correctly picking all four #8 vs #9 match-ups should be applauded. That said, does anyone have insight to the brackets Charlie Creme (or any of the ESPN WBB team) created? I would be interested to see how they fared....

I would imagine the bracketologists who are perfect (or close to it) thus far are either the fans of Toledo, or the fans of teams Toledo beat during the year who probably knew how tough Toledo really was from their losses to them this season (I'm looking at you, Michigan!).

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230319-094030.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It looks like three of the people that have a perfect bracket are participating in the ESPN contest where you had to submit 25 brackets.

The six perfect brackets have these teams as champions - South Carolina - 2, Iowa -1, UConn - 1, Stanford - 1, Maryland - 1

Here are the final four picks in these 6, showing champion, runner up, other two semifinalists:
South Carolina, UConn, Iowa, Indiana
South Carolina, LSU, Stanford, VA Tech
Iowa, Tennessee, Michigan, South Carolina
UConn, South Carolina, Iowa, LSU
Stanford, Indiana, UConn, South Carolina
Maryland, UConn, Stanford, LSU

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Tbh, you pick chalk in the women's and guess the right upsets in the men's and you'll do alright.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Post Iowa update - 5 perfect brackets left.

Here are the final four picks in these 5, showing champion, runner up, other two semifinalists:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Post ND win ... and then there were 3 -

Here are the final four picks in these 3, showing champion, runner up, other two semifinalists:

Reaction Score
Post ND win ... and then there were 3 -

Here are the final four picks in these 3, showing champion, runner up, other two semifinalists:

That FF pick with Michigan, Iowa, and TN feels like one of those throwaway brackets you make with some "what if" picks.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
10 pm update .... family dinner ... daughter, SIL, 3 g-kids, 2 dogs, making pizza, had to watch UConn MBB on delay, catching up. 1 perfect bracket left.

We're doomed. Doomed I say. Ultra doomed. Wicked doomed.

Reaction Score
It looked like the whole first half of the round of 32 would go by without a single upset, but there was a big one at the end. I assume that broke the last perfect bracket.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think we're going to see some mild upsets today and one major upset. I predict a dark horse will emerge today. :cool: A tip o' the turban to those 6 folks that still have a perfect bracket. I doubt all 6 will remain perfect after today.
I called it!! A major upset... Ole Miss takes out 1 seed Stanford in Palo Alto, in front of an arena full of Cardinal fans who have got to be devastated. :eek:

Per ESPN, there are no more perfect women’s brackets after Stanford’s premature loss. :( I’ll take my flowers now. :)

Reaction Score
I called it!! A major upset... Ole Miss takes out 1 seed Stanford in Palo Alto, in front of an arena full of Cardinal fans who have got to be devastated. :eek:

Per ESPN, there are no more perfect women’s brackets after Stanford’s premature loss. :( I’ll take my flowers now. :)
Weird .... only halfway thru the second round and no more perfect brackets.

Reaction Score
When you have imperfect teams seeded very high it leads to imperfect brackets. No reason ANY 1 seed loses to Ole Miss and Stanford's coach took the night off. They had one huge advantage and didn't use it until the last 5 minutes of the game. Michigan was a pretender all season and looked the part against LSU. No inside game and no quickness on the outside and LSU is loaded with quickness everywhere. Next 1 seed to lose? Could it be South Carolina? Probably not but I don't see Indiana or VaTech making through next weekend.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Does anyone have this same analysis for the ESPN's Men's Brackets?
You can click on the ESPN page for men's results, although there's no history. On the NCAA website, it said that the FDU win over Purdue busted every bracket that was perfect up to that game.

Reaction Score

But there weren't any minor upsets :p

Carnac

Reaction Score
But there weren't any minor upsets :p
Nobody’s perfect. I thought there would be at least one minor upset, but other than Stanford/Ole Miss, every other match-up went chalk. I’m still taking my flowers. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
It looks like three of the people that have a perfect bracket are participating in the ESPN contest where you had to submit 25 brackets.

The six perfect brackets have these teams as champions - South Carolina - 2, Iowa -1, UConn - 1, Stanford - 1, Maryland - 1

Here are the final four picks in these 6, showing champion, runner up, other two semifinalists:
It’s a lot easier to be successful if you make out 25 brackets. No one should receive any accolades for that. I made out 1. I was wrong 7 times in the first two days. Make out one and see how you do. It’s hard to see the Princeton’s and the Toledo’s playing above their normal threshold and beating a higher-seeded team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Weird .... only halfway thru the second round and no more perfect brackets.
....and more upsets to come. ;) You can bet Stanford Nation sure didn't see THAT one coming. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom