OT: - The UConn Team You Should Be Following | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The UConn Team You Should Be Following

Reaction Score
Baseball starts the year getting thumped by E Directional State and The likes. That and getting beat by CCSU and Hartford kills their resumé. Frankenconference is too good, you need to win early first against turds.

The baseball team started this year by beating the likes of Georgia Tech and is ranked.

;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You don't have to pick one team and only follow that. You can follow as many teams as you like. The idea you have to stop following basketball to follow baseball is not sensible.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You don't have to pick one team and only follow that. You can follow as many teams as you like. The idea you have to stop following basketball to follow baseball is not sensible.
I agree, but even with football and basketball there are so many people who don’t follow both. Boggles my mind.

Reaction Score
It's insane.

I love UConn, all sports.

The factions are absurd.

My theory is that it comes from a fan base that is used to rooting in a pro-sports context.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The baseball team started this year by beating the likes of Georgia Tech and is ranked.

;)
Nice. Baseball team is NCAA tourney caliber.
The opener they lost I believe, you cannot have too many of those down the line is all.

Reaction Score
My theory is that it comes from a fan base that is used to rooting in a pro-sports context.
That, and many fans that didn't go to UConn.

I want to see all the teams do well, but you'll never convince me to follow the Field Hockey program no matter how dominant they are.

I don't know why people would root against any UConn program when they're a fan of another one though.

Reaction Score
Lmao. Just saw this now. Even worse I was probably asleep by the time you replied.

My defense is a sick fiance. So single for not much longer dot dot dot

Weak! Man up Bruh! Just had to pickup my wife's medicine.

Last edited:

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
That, and many fans that didn't go to UConn.

I want to see all the teams do well, but you'll never convince me to follow the Field Hockey program no matter how dominant they are.

I don't know why people would root against any UConn program when they're a fan of another one though.
I am not a UConn alum (went to school out of state), but grew up about 15 minutes from campus and always went to games with my UConn alum parents. I always adored UConn bball more than any pro team, and still do. I hopped on the football bandwagon around the time the program joined the Big East, and still watch as many games as I can.

Aside from those two sports, I don't really have the time or inclination to watch any of the school's other teams. I am happy to hear about success in hockey, women's bball, baseball, field hockey, but I don't go out of my way to watch or follow them. Maybe if I was an alum it would be different, but I doubt that.

It's not about being part of a faction or siding with JC over Geno or any of that nonsense. Anyone here who follows every play from every team, goes to track meets, etc, more power to them, but there are only so many hours in the day and most have to limit how many teams they actively follow.

Edit: More importantly, I also don't really like baseball in general.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Many folks aren't even following basketball anymore. Diehard fans and longtime posters aren't even remembering when we have games scheduled, much less watching them. This is just a suggestion on how to fill the vacuum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom