The transfer portal opens today | Page 65 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score

This was surprising. Doesn't sound right.
Or does he use Calipari's agent? He always did a great job denying Calipari had any interest in jobs about which he'd never been contacted. Gets the name out at high levels and it worked...

"Kugel’s top 4 before committing to KU was Arizona, UConn, Houston, and Kansas."

Reaction Score
I think that was his issue at Florida, passing...classes.

Considering they'll pass D1 athletes if they can manage to hold a pencil and breathe at the same time, that's really saying something

Reaction Score
Good news on kugel but KU still an elite 8 favotrite along with Houston, Bama, UNC, ISU, Duke, Baylor, and Gonzaga. I think we’re tier below unless AK comes back.
yeah. we need his experience to be in that upper tier tbh

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It’s crazy…kids are getting more to play in college than the NBA :confused: All the NCAA has to do is remove the. 4 yr time limit and we have another pro league!
I got my PhD in basketball then did my postdoc in basketball and now I am coaching in my retirement!

Reaction Score
Yeah those 2 championships sure are mediocre.
Self has gotten up to the plate many times. Swingin' and missin' . Look at the percentages for UConn getting to the FF and delivering on championships. No team is even close in CBB history.

Reaction Score
Self has gotten up to the plate many times. Swingin' and missin' . Look at the percentages for UConn getting to the FF and delivering on championships. No team is even close in CBB history.
We all know UConn is 6 for 7 in final 4's and 6 for 6 in national championship games, it's unheard of outside of UConn.

What does that have to do with Bill Self and you calling him average outside of winning conference championships?

There's nothing average about Bill Self's resume.

Reaction Score
We all know UConn is 6 for 7 in final 4's and 6 for 6 in national championship games, it's unheard of outside of UConn.

What does that have to do with Bill Self and you calling him average outside of winning conference championships?

There's nothing average about Bill Self's resume.
Look at the talent he's coached and the money/NIL he has had access to over the years and tell me it compares to UConn's success without that leverage,

Next thing you're going to tell me is Cal is as good as JC.Crazy take

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's more to sports than national championships, which Self has 2 of, tied for the most among active coaches. Or did you not feel anything when we won the Big East regular season and tournament championships?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Look at the talent he's coached and the money/NIL he has had access to over the years and tell me it compares to UConn's success without that leverage,

Why do you keep bringing up Self in relation to Hurley/UConn? That comparison wasn't in your OP.

Reaction Score
There's more to sports than national championships, which Self has 2 of, tied for the most among active coaches. Or did you not feel anything when we won the Big East regular season and tournament championships?
You are right. Most sports fans judge coaches on participation trophies and not championship trophies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Self treats the portal the way I do my fantasy football team. At some point, late in the process, I am just making moves for the hell of it.

That’s basically it.

Xavier was doing that today.

Reaction Score

Why would I compare him to UConn? We all know UConn has been by far the most successful program in college basketball the last 30 years.

There's nothing average about winning two national championships, going to four final fours, seven elite 8's, and taking three different programs to an elite 8.

Reaction Score
Why would I compare him to UConn? We all know UConn has been by far the most successful program in college basketball the last 30 years.

There's nothing average about winning two national championships, going to four final fours, seven elite 8's, and taking three different programs to an elite 8.
How does that compare to UConn's performance over the last 25 years? Self has underperformed. with the talent he has had.

Reaction Score
How does that compare to UConn's performance over the last 25 years? Self has underperformed. with the talent he has had.
Again why do you keep comparing Self to UConn over the last 25 years? UConn has won 6 national championships in that time frame, twice as many as any other program.

UConn dominating college basketball has nothing to do with Bill Self being "average." This is an incredibly stupid line of questioning/thinking.

You said Bill Self has been average outside of winning conference titles, that's a ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
Again why do you keep comparing Self to UConn over the last 25 years? UConn has won 6 national championships in that time frame, twice as many as any other program.

UConn dominating college basketball has nothing to do with Bill Self being "average." This is an incredibly stupid line of questioning/thinking.

You said Bill Self has been average outside of winning conference titles, that's a ridiculous statement.
If you think Self has maximized the talent he has had over the last 20years he's had at Kansas based on his team's accomplishments as champions. You're stupid. This isn't rocket science, It's about results.

Reaction Score
If you think Self has maximized the talent he has had over the last 20years he's had at Kansas based on his team's accomplishments as champions. You're stupid. This isn't rocket science, It's about results.
Dan Hurley and UConn have skewed reality for you. And you sound clinically insane.

He has one less championship than Jim Calhoun. There’s nothing mediocre about what he’s done

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom