The transfer portal opens today | Page 35 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Do you think some of these coaches secretly love the portal? Getting to move around pieces to build a team? It‘s probably a love-hate relationship.

From and longtime fan’s perspective, I thought I would hate the portal, and I did initially, but it adds a little excitement to the off-season.
It certainly makes for good copy in the off-season The transfer portal is here to stay so let's just enjoy the news and anticipation that comes from it.

Reaction Score
screen3.jpg

Reaction Score
I think what I like most about our two most likely portal targets is we are building toward a strong core for 2026 while being able to compete for a Final Four in 2025. McNeely fits the mold too - doesn’t seem to be a one and done.
Purely hypothetical at this point but if we bring in Hausen, McNeely and Reed I just don't see that lineup being close to final four caliber. If you compare a potential starting lineup to this year we would be clear cut weaker at every position besides AK.

I do agree that it would set up nicely for a strong 2026.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that DH would be able to get certain guys for cheaper now because if you're on a UConn team you get:
  • more national notoriety (especially next year now that everyone's looking at us)
  • better shot at the NBA (especially if a good # of our 4-5 go)
  • pretty good chance to compete for a natty.

Vs.

An extra 200k for a year.

Super bowl half time performers do it for free.

Reaction Score
Purely hypothetical at this point but if we bring in Hausen, McNeely and Reed I just don't see that lineup being close to final four caliber. If you compare a potential starting lineup to this year we would be clear cut weaker at every position besides AK.

I do agree that it would set up nicely for a strong 2026.
That’s what we all said last year and look what happened.

Reaction Score
Hurley would have to be a master salesman to get him to agree to that.

Especially if the train of thought is to bring in a transfer that may have multiple years of eligibility to play over his top 50 recruit that’s already there.
I’m sure Hurley will be completely forthright about everyone’s role on the team next year. Starting spots and PT in this program are very clearly earned and not just given. Solo could have gone to a lesser program and coach for more PT as a freshman and he decided not to. I’m sure he will be a key piece next year but will very likely have that option again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom