The transfer portal opens today | Page 22 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Hurley was effusive in his praise of Hausen I felt like When gameplanning etc? Peeps saying Eric Dixon is it who knows.

Reaction Score
Nowell hasn’t played a game yet
Neither had Castle before he came. Ideally Diarra comes back, maybe starts at the beginning of the year, and then Nowell takes over more and more responsibility. Hurley did not recruit Nowell to then Portal a guy to play over him.

Reaction Score
If this is true and it's Hausen, I'm thinking that means we're losing another guard or we have tremendous faith in our bench guards. Not sure he's a starting-caliber guy. But man is he a hell of a shooter.
He would not start but play 15-20 minutes

Reaction Score
Help me figure out who. Hausen? We recruited Armstrong and Longino back a couplefew years ago too.
Feel like I heard Bamba is back for them according to their peeps.

Think it’s Hausen, Hurley loves him and he can play Joey C role. Dixon (2nd guess) would fit with, but not a rim protector at all.

armstrong looks electric at times and a bad fit in Nova offense imo, hed be my third guess & he’s been quiet about whether portaling or not. Hurley had interest in that wing from Gonzaga sallis that did poorly there but balled out at Wake.

Reaction Score
Need to bring a 6’10” minimum bruiser for those Edey types.
Absolutely not, We need another strong 7' center and a strong backup. Johnson is a good back up and picks up the pace for us but he gets chewed up by stronger players.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Hurley must feel like a kid in the candy store.

With another title under his belt and a lot of slots to fill, he'll have the pick of the litter.

There's a lot of talent in the portal and a few guys he recruited that ended up elsewhere.

We're going to reload and run it back.

Next year might actually be more fun than this year, which is crazy when you think about.

We just experienced a back to back and a three peat is not out of the question at all.

Stay tuned.....
You'd like to think winning two Nattys will allow you lots of options. It opens more doors but NIL banks of $5 million like at Arkansas or other larger amounts sometimes persuade more. Not sure UConn's NIL pot but winning championships alone won't get you "the pick of the litter" like it used to.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Feel like I heard Bamba is back for them according to their peeps.

Think it’s Hausen, Hurley loves him and he can play Joey C role. Dixon (2nd guess) would fit with, but not a rim protector at all.

armstrong looks electric at times and a bad fit in Nova offense imo, hed be my third guess & he’s been quiet about whether portaling or not. Hurley had interest in that wing from Gonzaga sallis that did poorly there but balled out at Wake.

Pass on Dixon

Reaction Score
If this is true and it's Hausen, I'm thinking that means we're losing another guard or we have tremendous faith in our bench guards. Not sure he's a starting-caliber guy. But man is he a hell of a shooter.
I think they have more faith in Solo Ball's game than you seem to. Jury is still out, and he needs to improve his handle, but I think he is 2G starter quality next year if he can master the sets

I hope its Hausen- bball iq and shooting

Reaction Score
We’ll see how it shakes out but I’m not convinced the staff is going to give the starting PG job to Diarra. Then do we really think Nowell will come in and be the starter from day 1? Unlikely… How the staff views that position is telling and we may see them make a move there. We know they’re going after a starting big for sure and we’ll see if Karaban returns or not. If not, top priority becomes a big guard/wing who can shoot. They’ve got some flexibility, they’re in a good spot for sure.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
My prediction is Armstrong. It wouldn’t be a super exciting transfer, but he’s from Jersey and would be able to back up Nowell, Diarra, and Ball because he can guard both PG and SG.

Reaction Score
I think a Solo Ball/Hausen rotation at the 2 would be excellent. Complement each other well with their strengths/weaknesses. No idea if either would be happy splitting the time, though. Essentially a supersized Joey C role backing up the 2/3.

Team-building by getting culture buy-in and then going "multiple" in the NFL sense of giving different looks with guys with different strengths/weaknesses (like what we've done at center lately.. but the whole team) seems like the ultimate future of the transfer portal. Portal allows you to fit guys in much more seamlessly than freshman recruiting which is so far in advance and more of a development crapshoot. With portal, you can actually select for traits and archetypes to fill gaps.

Reaction Score
Hurley was effusive in his praise of Hausen I felt like When gameplanning etc? Peeps saying Eric Dixon is it who knows.
He also holds Dixon in high regard so who knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom