The transfer portal opens today | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Was about to say, have Killa Cam put in a few good words.
The thing is, I'm not even sure if he's our "type" of guy anymore. He'll be a 5th year, so maybe his offensive IQ is better than I'm giving it credit, but 4% assist rate makes him a Samson-type. And we already have a Samson-type. Maybe even two.

Reaction Score
The thing is, I'm not even sure if he's our "type" of guy anymore. He'll be a 5th year, so maybe his offensive IQ is better than I'm giving it credit, but 4% assist rate makes him a Samson-type. And we already have a Samson-type. Maybe even two.
It’s going to be impossible to replace the back to back Adama/DC conglomerate, so we’re probably gonna have to settle to a degree. I’m sure others will emerge, but Cliff wouldn’t be the worst.

That kid from Stanford looks great though.

Reaction Score
OMG Cliff Omoruyi in the portal! My dream has come true. Well, my dream is another year from DC, but this is a good secondary one.

Reaction Score
We were heavily involved in Omoruyi's initial recruitment. Where is your info coming from or is it just your opinion?
I'm referencing the countless reports that St John's tampered with him and offered him a great deal of money to enter the portal

Reaction Score
Why are any kids going to Rutgers let alone some of the best recruits in the country? I like Pikiell as a person but Rutgers offense is Virginia bad and he doesn't have any of the prior success Tony Bennett has.

Reaction Score
I want Amari Williams as our starting 5 next year.
He's a very good player, but he's not up to our caliber.

A really good, classic back-to-the basket rim-protector. Good passer out of the post too.

He'll land at a high-major, just not us. I can see him fitting in nicely as a Bediako replacement at Seton Hall, for example.

Reaction Score
I'm referencing the countless reports that St John's tampered with him and offered him a great deal of money to enter the portal
Add in the fact that Matt is like their GM or something and previously had a deep connection to Cliff, this seems like a likely destination

Reaction Score
This is why Pitino declined the NIT bid btw. Had to get a head start on this

I really like Cliff as a player. I assumed Pitino would want to build Ejiofor into their big of the future. I’d be a little nervous if I was Zuby right now, if the rumors are true then he’s actively getting recruited over

Reaction Score
Add in the fact that Matt is like their GM or something and previously had a deep connection to Cliff, this seems like a likely destination

Yeah he was his agent last year. Similar to the Indiana decommit who is allegedly a lock to Kansas, I’ll believe otherwise if they schedule visits

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Last time a Big East team lured a Rutgers guy into the portal, he ended up a Husky.
Pikiell coached too.
Can’t imagine SJ would feel good about finishing his career coming off the bench after coming in with Wall aspirations.
I can't imagine him doing anything other than similar minutes to this year. Love his running and jumping but rebounding, hands and getting pushed around just won't cut it. Wish it were not so but he would have to make an awful lot of improvements for us to be competitive with him as a starter and even then not getting into foul trouble. This is really sad because he stuck it out to stay but it is what it is.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Would this kid fit our need at center to compete with Samson? New Jersey connection. As I type, and without watching any of his gameplay, I’m thinking the staff needs to go out and get the #1 available big man in the portal. 7’1 Maxime Raynaud.

Reaction Score
Cliff Omoruyi reportedly will be entering the portal. Staff wanted him bad out of high school but ended up with Sanogo reclassing instead. Pike will be under pressure to win big next year with 2 top 5 recruits.

Unconfirmed buzz on the St John's board about Des Claude too, but Xavier is still playing and that could be false info from delusional Johnnies.

One year remains. Maybe Spencer lends a hand.

Reaction Score
With hundreds of kids in the portal, I'd love to see a narrowed down list of players DH offered in thr past. That would be real run to see and debate especially if we were on kids' final list. Beyond that it's pure crazy speculation on players.

Reaction Score
You hear St Johns everywhere fyi.
I wonder if kids even bother stepping on campus or just sign once the check clears or wire transfer happens. Of all the campuses in America, St. John’s is one of the ones I'd least want to be on.

Reaction Score

Would this kid fit our need at center to compete with Samson? New Jersey connection. As I type, and without watching any of his gameplay, I’m thinking the staff needs to go out and get the #1 available big man in the portal. 7’1 Maxime Raynaud.

Speaking of Raynaud, I was just watching his highlights now. Looks great, he has good footwork and reminds me a little of Sanogo with how he can back down his defender and move right or left, and like Sanogo he likes to use the backboard. And, he can shoot with either hand too, he has a baby hook and puts it up from both right and left side. He's got hops and dunks with authority. Hope he is a good rebounder and defender- the highlights I saw showed mainly offensive plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom