The streak continues | The Boneyard

The streak continues

Reaction Score
Going undefeated is hard. Even when you play in a minor league conference.

Reaction Score
I think after this Gonzaga joins the Big East. Here we go, trips to Spokane.

Reaction Score
The question is was Bobby Knight coherent enough to enjoy this?

Reaction Score
No team has won the national championship with less than 2 losses since the undefeated Indiana team in 1976.
IU lost only 1 game combined 75-76 seasons
It's a different game now and I really thought Gonzaga had a shot to do it. Too many good teams and players in today's game to run the table

Reaction Score
If you are a team trying to complete an undefeated season, there is probably a lot more pressure now compared to 20-30-40 years ago. With all the national media, and all the social media, you probably cannot go more than 5 minutes without being reminded of it or asked about it.

The whole undefeated season thing really isn’t something I wish for. No question it’s a historic immortal accomplishment, but I would not want our team to be facing that kind of pressure during the NCAA Tournament. Our 2011 and 2014 Championship teams had 9 losses and 8 losses. Those National Championships don’t weigh less compared to 1999, a team with only two losses.

Reaction Score
I thought Kentucky had the best shot a few years back in the 2014 season and they lost in the final 4 to Wisko... that Kentucky team was light years better than this Gonzaga team. Devin Booker, KAT... Cauley Stein and they still couldn’t get the job done. Goes to show you how hard it is.

Reaction Score
if few doesnt win next year with chet and sallis coming in, both even higher rated than suggs, than i dont think he ever will

Reaction Score
if few doesnt win next year with chet and sallis coming in, both even higher rated than suggs, than i dont think he ever will
How exactly does Gonzaga (enrollment 7k) keep getting all these 5 star McDonalds AA’s. They must have some legit bagmen.

Reaction Score
if not for covid pause cancelling their earlier game with Baylor this would not even be a discussion.

Baylor would beat that Gonzaga team 9 out of 10 games I think

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
How exactly does Gonzaga (enrollment 7k) keep getting all these 5 star McDonalds AA’s. They must have some legit bagmen.
This: Top 5% in alumni giving and excellence in academics.

Top 50 for Graduation and Retention; Top 5% for Best Undergraduate
Teaching; Engineering, Undergraduate Business among Nation’s Best​

SPOKANE, Wash. — The 2020 U.S. News and World Report annual rankings released today rank Gonzaga University in the “National University” category for the first time. This category is comprised of 399 National Universities (211 public, 180 private and eight for-profit) across the country ranging from Ivy League schools to major research institutions.

Under the new classification, Gonzaga is ranked in the top 20% — 79th (tied) in the nation — and is in the top 5% for best undergraduate teaching, at 17th (tie). The publication defines National Universities as schools that offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master’s and doctoral programs, and emphasize faculty research.

Gonzaga University classroom photo 2019. (Gonzaga University photo)
Gonzaga ranks in the top 5% among National Universities for its undergraduate teaching. (GU photo)
Among its new peer group, Gonzaga is recognized in several U.S. News specialty rankings, including the top 12% for best colleges for veterans (No. 48, tie). Gonzaga’s School of Engineering and Applied Science is ranked in the top 10% as the 21st best engineering program nationwide (among the 210 non-doctorate engineering schools), while Gonzaga’s undergraduate business program is ranked in the top 23% as the 112th best (tie) among the 504 programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.

With an average first-year retention rate of 94% and a graduation rate of 86%, U.S. News ranks Gonzaga’s graduation and retention in the top 12% of national universities at 48th.

Gonzaga’s overall ranking is based on methodology involving multiple indicators, including: outcomes (35%; includes graduation and retention rates, and social mobility); faculty resources (20%); expert opinion (20%); financial resources (10%); student excellence (10%); and alumni giving (5%). The graduation rate indicates the average proportion of a graduating class earning a degree in six years or less. First-year retention indicates the average proportion of first-year students who entered the school in the fall and returned the following fall.

Reaction Score
How exactly does Gonzaga (enrollment 7k) keep getting all these 5 star McDonalds AA’s.
Because they play a fun style of play and have won 30 games a year for the last 5 years with 2 national title games, an elite 8, and a sweet 16 out of the 4 tournaments.

But really, Suggs was their first 5* ever and they had to make 20 straight NCAA tournaments before getting 1. 5*s beget other 5*'s as it becomes seen as an acceptable and successful (and maybe even trendy) option.

Reaction Score
Because they play a fun style of play and have won 30 games a year for the last 5 years with 2 national title games, an elite 8, and a sweet 16 out of the 4 tournaments.

But really, Suggs was their first 5* ever and they had to make 20 straight NCAA tournaments before getting 1. 5*s beget other 5*'s as it becomes seen as an acceptable and successful (and maybe even trendy) option.
I get it... I just never saw them as a landing spot for multiple 5 stars every year. Good for Few and the school. He’s certainly built that program up to about as high as you can ever get. They’re starting to become the Duke of the west coast. He will win a title if he keeps mixing his 4 year guys with these elite 5 stars coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom