THE song that means a lot to you | Page 2 | The Boneyard

THE song that means a lot to you

Reaction Score
"Wow, one song?" I agree with BigBoote, but for the opposite reasons Many events in my life remind me of a certain song. Those who know me on Facebook, know this is my tagline. On Boneyard music threads, I am always reminded of many songs. It is almost torture to limit me to one song. I own five jukeboxes containing hundreds of my favorite songs.

So, here is one contribution. Back in 2016, I made my own crude music video. I used freeware, LiteCam, hence the watermark. I combined two music videos of Simon and Garfunkel singing Old Friends, one from a 2004 reunion concert, the other from a TV appearance in 1968. Simon and Garfunkel were very popular when I attended UConn, and I feel like we have grown old together. I saw them in concert in the early seventies, at the Yale Bowl. A beatiful summer night.

This song is very poignant. Please ignore the crudeness of this video, and watch all the way through. It should bring a tear to your eyes. And to think, Paul and Artie and I are now 18 years older than this video.

"How terribly strange to be seventy"

Aluminny69- -Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction Score
Eric Clapton WONDERFUL TONIGHT
I've been engaged 2x and never married!
I found out before hand that each were not the ladies I thought they were!
Their loss I recovered from both.
I can't get through Wonderful Tonight with out crying as the total love expressed in this song is beautiful!

Reaction Score
When I was 11 to 13 tears old I was a boy soprano in a boys group. I don't remember the name of the group,but the person responsible for was a Mr. Whitney and he claimed he taught 30.000 thousand boys to sing in his choir. I heard the aria "the Bell Song" from the opera Lakme sung and that day I fell in love with opera. later I added classical music. But the Bell Song is one of the most loved of all Classical music arias. All other forms of music lasts for 5, 10 ,15 years and then it's gone for something new. The masters of Classicll music and Operas have lasted for more than 300 years. Opera singer Elizabeth Parcells has the best version of the Bell Song.

Reaction Score
A second choice would be the Prelude to Sigfried an Opera by Rikard Wagner , a German composer. It is mostly soft violin music, but the sweetest music you will ever have heard. My favorite composer is Sergei Prokofiev and his Piano concerto # 3. the most fantastic fingering I have ever seen. The best musician is Martha Argerich. who I heard play when she was 26 on Youtube. She is now 80 and has not missed a beat playing it . Look it up on Youtube, you will not be disappointed.

Reaction Score
My first song thread. Tell me, what song do you feel the deepest emotional connection to? Maybe the one you danced with your spouse at your wedding, song that reminds you of a child, or something else? I‘m talking about THE song in your life so everyone gets 1 choice.

I’m posting this because it’s a great way to get to know one another as people, not just fans. I find these threads interesting and a great way to build our community

This song has already been mentioned but any of us who have lost dear friends or family members relate to the sadness in this song. I used this rendition because it included David Lindley performing with Jackson Browne. Lindley, who could play any stringed instrument and whose fiddle adds to the sadness in this song, passed away in March of this year. Having seen these two perform many times in varying venues from the island of Kauai to Red Rocks outside Denver to the Beacon Theatre in NYC, this song never fails to remind me of the frailty of life and tugs at my heartstrings.

Reaction Score
Music has always been a big part of my life so there have been a lot of songs over the years that are "touchstones" if you will. There is one song in particular, though, that when I hear it causes me to remember my father and my general relationship with him as I grew up. He wasn't a music teacher. He was a math teacher. And I'm not a musician, but I do apply math a lot as an engineer so I think you can get the parallels in the song lyrics.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Buffet's COME MONDAY. I was re ently married and had a job assignment in LA two full weeks every month. It became our theme song. A very lonely time for us. It still makes me cry every time I hear it even after nearly 45 years. Love it

Reaction Score
Jimmy Buffet's COME MONDAY. I was just married and had a job assignment in LA two full weeks every month. It became our theme song. A very lonely time for us. It still makes me cry every time I hear it even after nearly 50 years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, what a task. Truth be told my favoritest is probably Hanel's Messiah, but the one I have resorted to humming, singing or whistling the most is Amazing Grace. I just recently stumbled into a version sung by a Metal Rocker that has absolutely blown me away I don't think anyone has eve sung it better. He's Dan Vasc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I actually prefer the CSNY version of this song, but I couldn't find it.

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung

Reaction Score
okay, I kno the instructions say only one, and I named one already which has a serious content. I have another one that is dear to me because I learned it on my mother's knee. She encouraged me to sing it with her as soon as (or probably sooner than) I was capable of singing. We last sang it together when she was 96 years old - and shared some wonderful laughter.

Lyrics

The buzzard took the
Monkey for a ride in the air
The monkey thought that
Everything was on a square
The buzzard tried to throw
The monkey off his back
But the monkey grabbed his
Neck and said "Now listen Jack"
Straighten up and fly right
Straighten up and stay right
Cool down pappa, don't
You blow your top
Ain't no use in divin',
What's the use of jivin'
Cool down pappa,
Don't you blow your top
The buzzard told the
Monkey you are chokin' me
Release your hold and
I will set you free
The monkey looked the
Buzzard right dead in the eye
And said, ...
"Your story's so touching but it sounds like a lie"
Cool down pappa, don't you blow your top
Cool down pappa, don't you blow your top
Fly right
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Irving Mills / Nat King Cole
Straighten Up and Fly Right lyrics © Emi Mills Music Inc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom