The Rutgers/UCONN win win solution | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Rutgers/UCONN win win solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i agree that the b1g best play seems to be to offer RU/UCONN now, for two reasons:
1.) keeps several northeast ports open for when ND is finally forced to join a conference - before the ACC can lock down the media and alumni rich areas
2.) creates a potential northeast pod (Penn State, RU, Uconn) to lure UMD in as a fourth - w/out that it seems B1G is a stretch for UMD since they would be so geographically out of place

aside from landing texas, this seems to be the best realistic outcome for the B1G IF they plan on expanding again. thus i think texas must be holding the b1g still, leading delaney on by hinting that they may eventually be in play.

first time i have quoted my own post, but i realized after stewing on this a bit that i have left out another very credible possibility. that the b1g is waiting on the acc to take ru/uconn in order to destabilize the acc - resulting in fla state and clemson to the sec - so that delaney can then move in and take a desperate maryland, uva, unc (or whomever else they want) along with nd. that way they get big research land grants, nd and growing markets. this would explain why the b1g is so still right now despite "losing" the northeast, and why the acc is hesitating to take uconn/ru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom