The real Uconn did not lose to S. Carolina | The Boneyard

The real Uconn did not lose to S. Carolina

Reaction Score
The real Uconn team that should have played South Carolina was, Paige, Azzi, Caroline, Jana and Nika with Aubrey,Ashlynn and Aayana off the bench. OK Bone Yarders, what are your thoughts on this post?

Reaction Score
The real Uconn team that should have played South Carolina was, Paige, Azzi, Caroline, Jana and Nika with Aubrey,Ashlynn and Aayana off the bench. OK Bone Yarders, what are your thoughts on this post?
You have to win with the players you have. Making excuses that you can't play better or coach better because of who is not playing is not a valid argument. The problem right now is UConn coaches are coaching to win the Big East which is an easy target but they aren't ready when they play a top team. They really need to break from that 4 guard line up if they want to win against any team with as much talent as they have. The guards have to sag so much to help out the post that they are getting lit up by the guards, not the post.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You failed to include Aaliyah but regardless, I agree with @LwrcasefaN 100%. We lost to this season's undisputed #1 team in the country and we hung with them, for whatever reasons, in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, they beat the Good Guys like a drum in the 1st half.
Oh, about your post, I am thinking that you are living in the Twilight Zone. :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Come On Reaction GIF

Well dang. That street runs both ways. If only South Carolina had Cardoso and Jah, then the real South Carolina team would had played UConn. :rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hey, my favorite team -- Notre Dame -- played South Carolina, too, and the Irish lost, too....deservedly so....to the Gamecocks.
From what I watched yesterday, the better team was once again South Carolina and they won, again.

The Irish, like UConn, are also missing some key ingredients to their lineup. Nonetheless, an institution has to play who's available. It's frustrating but that's this year's model, for better or for worse.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
You failed to include Aaliyah but regardless, I agree with @LwrcasefaN 100%. We lost to this season's undisputed #1 team in the country and we hung with them, for whatever reasons, in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, they beat the Good Guys like a drum in the 1st half.
Oh, about your post, I am thinking that you are living in the Twilight Zone. :):rolleyes:
Also failed to include Arnold.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Woulda coulda shoulda.

If UConn had so-and-so healthy ...
And if my aunt had different anatomical features ...

In life you either have results or you have excuses.

(Is this thread really started by a UConn fan who can neither spell “UConn” nor the players' names correctly?)

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
It sounds more like sour grapes than what it was. You should not lower the accomplishments that the UCONN program has had over the years by having a sour grapes attitude.

Reaction Score
UCONN lost to a better SCar team, that's a fact. That it should have easily been30 points win but Dawn didn't want to embarass Geno as I read elsewhere, and I think it's the real truth, is not a fact, just my thinking. Give credits to the Gamecocks, they have a great season and played a great game.
Let''s play the BigEast now and try to have yet another 30 wins season.
It is reachable and not a lot of teams can say this, even more for so many years....

Reaction Score
Some fans seem to merged their own self esteem with sports teams and so are emotionally invested in their success. Sports should not be taken personally once the event is over. They just allow a good means of venting emotions that have no other outlet.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some fans seem to merged their own self esteem with sports teams and so are emotionally invested in their success. Sports should not be taken personally once the event is over. They just allow a good means of venting emotions that have no other outlet.
Next 12 is a senior member of the Boneyard, just celebrated his 90th birthday, I believe. He just loves his Huskies, nothing more

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Come On Reaction GIF

Well dang. That street runs both ways. If only South Carolina had Cardoso and Jah, then the real South Carolina team would had played UConn. :rolleyes:
It didn't make any difference whether Cardosa played or not. UConn doesn't have a Big to take advantage of that, so the dept of SC did us in. Not being able to sub with a proven player is a disadvantage no matter who they play. If we play foul free, and make half of our shots, there are a lot of decent teams we can beat. If we don't do that, we lose, plain and simple. BTW, I am so sick and tired of having to play like this, three years in a row. I don't know how many seasons I will be around, so these circumstances are killing my retirement happiness. Also tired of going all summer knowing we have a chance at the NC, then the time comes, and everything I hoped for is dashed away. I better find something else to do or find a second team to support. The clock is ticking. LOL

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what being 90 or a senior member of the BY has to do with anything. He asked for thoughts on the post and people gave them. Willtalk wasn't rude or anything in his response.
It came across as providing some context for reference to me, more than anything else. We're all anonymous behind our user names. Some may have assumed the original poster is new(ish) to the board based on when they joined (e.g. Jan 2022 in this case). Who knows? The insight provided helps us to better understand where the poster is coming from in the end.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It didn't make any difference whether Cardosa played or not. UConn doesn't have a Big to take advantage of that, so the dept of SC did us in. Not being able to sub with a proven player is a disadvantage no matter who they play. If we play foul free, and make half of our shots, there are a lot of decent teams we can beat. If we don't do that, we lose, plain and simple. BTW, I am so sick and tired of having to play like this, three years in a row. I don't know how many seasons I will be around, so these circumstances are killing my retirement happiness. Also tired of going all summer knowing we have a chance at the NC, then the time comes, and everything I hoped for is dashed away. I better find something else to do or find a second team to support. The clock is ticking. LOL
It is what it is. I wouldn't pull your hair out over it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If you need any advice on a second team to support, just let me know. I got about 17 you can choose from.

Reaction Score
Would not have mattered, Carolina would still have won by atleast a dozen or more.

Reaction Score
I can empathize with the high expectations getting slashed by injuries but I doubt UConn would have won it all without a more dominant inside presence this season. There are two available bigs on the bench that do not get minutes because they are not developing as expected. All of the weight would be on AE to hold her ground in the paint even without the injuries. All of the most recent national titles have been won on the backs of a dominant inside presence....Reece, Boston, Brink, Cox, Griner, A'ja, Stewie and their sidekicks...the only year that bucks the trend is Notre Dame in 2018.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom