The Question That Will Haunt Us | The Boneyard

The Question That Will Haunt Us

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Since Paige can no longer pursue a 4pete is that fact a factor in whether she leaves after 3? I admit to a certain paranoia about the question. For example I wandered over to ESPN this morning and saw this:

"As good as Paige was this year -- and she carried our team through most of the season -- that's not how you win championships, with one player having to do everything," Auriemma said. "She needs to get a lot better. As good as you all think she is -- and she's really good -- if we're going to be here the next couple years with her at Connecticut, she needs to get a lot better. I don't mean just on the court either."

Do you see it? Just bad math or a hard reality Geno already knows? NIL may come into play giving her $300-400k to play her senior year. However, if Congress doesn't take over hammering out NIL some say the NCAA will stall for years as they cram their pockets with cash deserved by the athletes.

Yes, the bond with Azzi is strong and may influence her to stay.

Whether we go Final Four and win next year may be a big, big factor.

Anyway, I'm a little preoccupied with this question. It leads me to think of questions like can we recruit a near Paige next year?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
:eek: :confused: :cool:;)

You need to turn up your sarcasm meter on your posts RMTB2

Reaction Score
Since Paige can no longer pursue a 4pete is that fact a factor in whether she leaves after 3? I admit to a certain paranoia about the question. For example I wandered over to ESPN this morning and saw this:

"As good as Paige was this year -- and she carried our team through most of the season -- that's not how you win championships, with one player having to do everything," Auriemma said. "She needs to get a lot better. As good as you all think she is -- and she's really good -- if we're going to be here the next couple years with her at Connecticut, she needs to get a lot better. I don't mean just on the court either."

Do you see it? Just bad math or a hard reality Geno already knows? NIL may come into play giving her $300-400k to play her senior year. However, if Congress doesn't take over hammering out NIL some say the NCAA will stall for years as they cram their pockets with cash deserved by the athletes.

Anyway, I'm a little preoccupied with this question. It leads me to think of questions like can we recruit a near Paige next year?
How about one step at a time. One year at a time. The old days are gone. Uconn most likely won't dominate like the past. SC , Stanford and other schools are recruiting on a high level.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How about one step at a time. One year at a time. The old days are gone. Uconn most likely won't dominate like the past. SC , Stanford and other schools are recruiting on a high level.
If we take it one step at a time we will never post. But it will be one step at a time no matter how we want it.

Reaction Score
If she decides to leave after 3 years, then that’s her decision. I don’t see a need to stress over something like that — after all, all UConn stars leave eventually! As a fan I would be grateful for all the amazing things she has accomplished for UConn wbb (hopefully that includes at least getting us title #12).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I can't imagine your life as being serene and free of stress. UConn women's hoops really drags you down?

I know you love starting threads and I think this was a misfire.

Reaction Score
Tina Charles jr and sr years, Stewart’s soph,jr,sr years there was no legitimate chance we were loosing. One of those games we were down I think 20 to 12 at the half. (Could that be right?). Did anyone doubt we were going to win that game? I don’t think we’re going to see things like that anymore even with Paige,azzi, and co. Other schools like South Carolina have a ton of talent too and continue to recruit well. Every year there will be 5 or 6 schools with a good chance,like this year. We will be one of them. That’s good isn’t it?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If that's the most haunting question we can come up with, then life is pretty darn good. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
I thought it was going to be “Could we have beat Stanford.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom